It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3.... I choose battlefield.. here me out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Anyone hwo has actually Played any of the battlefield games KNOWS ... that the battlefield Series REALITCIALLY is where Call of Duty SHOULD have evolved to by now

the battelfield games ... - REAL destructible enviorments, the best sounding guns , real team play.. and you actually get to use vehicles not controlled by AI or Rails... I spent 2 years playing bad company 2 and could not look back to call of duty

Let's be real.... Call of Duty is really the same old fecal matter every year with a new coat of paint... it's the same 2004 graphics engine . that actually was upgraded from doom.... though it shined for a few years.. it is now outdated ( Non destructible enviorments and you cant shoot through a simple wall).

But you know what.... Activision does not care... They will Milk Call of Duty to death just like they did with guitar Hero... they don't care if it is better than last year because just like Pepsi , or Doritos people iwll buy it because of the name regardless of quality... it's a huge cash cow.... and then they will charge you 15 dollars for 2-3 NEW maps and give you 3 from last year.....

My Fellow Gamers.... Shake loose your heads and wake up... call of Duty is old and does the same stuff every year they even have alternate studios each year ( treyarch and Infinity ward ) just so they can get one out every year..

I am not biases as I have owned every call of duty game...
but I will not purchase Mw3

I am just tired of this series with NO real improvements... Time for a new Engine...

Battlefield Series is leaps and bounds ahead of Call of Duty... anyone who denies it .. hasn't gotten balls deep in the series....

I get so damn annoyed when My friends ( hardcore call of duty players) call themselves hardcore gamers but never play anything other than call of duty or Madden

WAKE UP MY FELLOW GAMERS.....

FINALLY DICE is going head to head this year with Activision.... Give Dice a chance to show you what Call of Duty SHOULD be by NOW.....

( and yes some people are talking crap on the open beta remember it is NOT a demo... it is a beta , small file with muddy textures , compressed audio and on an old build of the graphics) When is the last time you ever heard of Call of duty doing a beta... NEVER .. and when it launches LIKE every year it will be full of bugs and glitchers....... That is the point of a beat to get all the major bugs fixed before launch.... DICE cares .. Activision Not so much....

But then again this is all my Opinion

Playstation Network ID . NutzMcTaffy

Be safe fellow gamers

Firecrotch out

edit on 9-10-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: typo in title

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Battlefield 1942 and BF2 are/were some of the greatest in my eyes. Although I don't have much time to game as I used to, I'll be buying BF3 anyway and playing when I can. Modern Warfare 3? I was never a fan of the CoD series and as far as I'm concerned, it won't ever amount to the sheer brilliance of the Battlefield franchise.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
Anyone hwo has actually Played any of the battlefield games KNOWS ... that the battlefield Series REALITCIALLY is where Call of Duty SHOULD have evolved to by now

And both pale in comparrison to ArmA 2 and America's Army and even the 10 year old Operation Flashpoint in terms of realistic modern combat FPS experience. Both are games designed for kids and casual players, nothing else was to be expected though as both are produced with the masses with a #ty sequel ever few months or maybe a year.
How and why people still buy this crap every time, is beyond me. But then again, most gamers are sad graphic whores who think 'good' graphics are all that mathers.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would give you a medal, but I all I have is this star

Battlefield just feels so much more fluid to me personally. I also loved how in BF2 my first kill was a quad, rpg'd a random building out from under a few snipers lol. The action seems to be more forgiving as well I think. I can't remember how many times I would rage from moving four inches and getting sniped in MW, but Battlefield made it quite a bit harder to do with how fast paced the action is and how quickly any situation can change.

As I said though, that's just me

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I didn't read your post, but Battlefield 3 all the way.
MWF2.5 more like it

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

And both pale in comparrison to ArmA 2 and America's Army and even the 10 year old Operation Flashpoint in terms of realistic modern combat FPS experience..

True, but most people don't like how unforgiving it is, especially to new players, even at lower difficulties. And let's face it, those NPCs make some ridiculous shots, I can't count how many times I've been shot in the face and raged at the sheer insanity of the difficulty. Realism is not always fun lol

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yup, screw all that spammy multiplayer garbage, I like realistic military shooters, been playing arma and flashpoint for years.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Battlefield 3 trumps Modern Warfare 1.3!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
COD = NBA LIve

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

how are you comparing the two MW3 doesn't come out until mid November... cant put em side by side and compare until then so this is a bit premature.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You know another Overlooked FPS of this year was Homefront...

kind of a mix between COD and battlefield...

Right now I am balls deep in resistance 3 ( truly a good series for ATSers)

alternate history alien invasion , humans numbered

I can't wait for battlefield 3... Sad the Beta is over in 24 hours.....

Battlefield 3 will be one of the games I am at the midnight launch for...

such damn good games this holiday season... I am waiting for my tax refun is febuary to catch up., LOL

long live DICE and Battlefield....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
BATTLEFIELD FTW

I agree that CoD should have been way more advanced by now, but what can ya do. I enjoy that they compete, makes increasingly more kick-a$$ games for us! Wonder what's next.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
totally different question...Batman Arkham City or Assassins creed Revelations?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

BOTH...... Love arkum 1... LOVED IT...

Loved assassins creed games... yep even the first one

Can't wait to see the ending of Ezio and seeing how Altair plays into this ... and what happens to desmond and (lucy) .....

I would have to flip a coin on this one

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Agreed same games same maps same graphics and no changes. I am converting to battlefield this year.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wasnt too thrilled about BF3 beta version for the 360, I realize that there are bugs that need to be fixed but i found that there should be better rendering of the enemies from the good guys. Im still liking black ops the best and hoping that mw4 is just as good...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Battlefield all the way. I cant stand listening to grown men picking fights with 12 year olds on CoD.

Bigger maps, bigger explosions, better players, better graphics. Call of Duty may be nearing an end. Seems like every version of CoD is identical.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
Battlefield all the way. I cant stand listening to grown men picking fights with 12 year olds on CoD.

Bigger maps, bigger explosions, better players, better graphics. Call of Duty may be nearing an end. Seems like every version of CoD is identical.

I agree with you about the men picking fights with 12 year olds, I usually play COD with army budies who are scattered across the country, I never play in public room with game chat on, I always do party chat sometimes it cuts down on teamwork but i have not had good teamwork in xbox live since Ghost Recon

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
BF3 all the way! BFBC2 was what converted me!

My PSN ID is "ReMeDee" ! Feel free to add me, and put ATS in the subject line, so I know that you seen it here!!
edit on (9/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

How can I compare.... Simple answer..... COD is the SAME EVERY YEAR.... THE SAME...

Put it like this..... Do you think when your playing MW3 that you are going to be able to take chunks out of a building when launching rockets at it.... or Hear the sound your gun makes as it echos off the buildings around you... or FLY A JET, Helicopters , or Drive Tanks , jeeps .. and So on....

COD is Dated and the people that keep giving activision their hard earned money is giving in to the cash cow that is COD

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join