It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realistic Survival Game: Scenario 1: Economic Collapse.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
NYVT Camp

We have been quiet for the last few days. We have gotten some small truck crops in the ground. Roads are eriely deserted now. Have heard gun fire in long distance every few nights. No more EBS broadcasts. Camp life has settled in and becoming routine for now. Chatter continues though on whether or not to send out scouting parties again. We need news on the world. Satelite TV is snow, radio is static, and the world has gone really quiet.

We will make some decisions in the next few days as to what we will do.

NYVT Camp Out.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
zzzt*crackle*zzzt...et that sixty lashed down. We don't want it flopping around!

Ahoy mateys! Good to hear others are getting set up.

We're in the Keys now. Just finishing up with "hardware" aquisition and installation. Unless we come up against some real naval power, we should be able to punch through any trouble.

We picked up a few more crew, and two more boats. Wondering where to draw the line between force and mobility. Numbers make us "safer", but slower.

We've seen a few patrols on the water, close to shore. Looks mostly like local LEs with some fed backup. We've been picking up FEMA broadcasts saying we'd be better protected ashore. At least, they say they're FEMA. We've been avoiding contact so far. Running and hiding are the daily watch words. I hope our luck holds out.

Have heard local reports of the scavenger class forming up into what are essentially "pirate crews". Sail up, attack, and loot. Heven't run into them ourselves, but reports seem reliable. So be aware if your location has water access.

After much discussion, we've decided that the "blockade" we ran up in Daytona was just part of the standard procedure for a raid on our location. We don't think it was due to intel leakage, or whipped up just for us. There probably would have been a larger force afloat if that had been the case. That's the general consensus, anyway, We could be wrong.

Haven't yet determined whether we're going up the coast or into the Gulf.

Still have need for more crew, as we're still pretty understaffed. Invite for ATSers still stands.

Saw that a fair chunk of Miami was in flames as we passed. No idea as to the situation there, but it didn't look good. Saw several helicopters, fed and local cops, flying around over the city. Didn't notice any military, though.

Will be in touch.

zzzt*crackle*zzzt...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Going on the the third day looking for the transponder I still can't believe I left it somewhere. It's also been a couple of days since I heard anything from the scout groups and/or Therian. But my only contact with them is the transponder as well. I'm sure they're fine. They probably just went a bit further out this time. Note to self: Check back at camp to see if anyone knows where they were headed this time. I bet Thea knows...

"This is the area," I say to Kristen, one of the women around my age I brought with me. "I'm positive this is where I took the kids to show them edible plants. Yes! Look, there are the chokecherries I was showing them."

"Alright," she answers, "I'll go this way and comb around."

After about 2 minutes... "Thank gawd...." I sit down and Kristen comes near.

ATS TRANSPONDER: Greetings! SE ROCKIES here. Sorry for the delay in correspondences. I dropped the transponder out in the woods. It was NOT compromised. It was under some fallen leaves. Quick report to say we are still up and running. The scouts have been doing a hell-uv-a job locating the living and supplies. Our encampment has grown because of this. I'll be headed back down to camp to gather more details. Once I meet up with Therian again, I'll get details of what I've missed. Back soon. Over.

"Damn. I'm glad we found this. Even when it feels like we're talking to nobody. It still has a weird sense of comfort surrounding it."

Kristen smiled and we headed back to camp/town.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He kneeled quietly in the small washout next to the road. He, the Old lady and Rose, Waited for the scout to return. They had found a few people near the farm. But they told them of something much more urgent. Giving the people a portion of their food he hoped they would be able to make it to the encampment. They seemed weary and cold They spoke about several men attacking the cave where they and several families were hiding out. They sounded like they had knew what they were doing. But why they were raiding camp and killing people he was unsure.

Yesterday when he searched the cave he found the bodies of at least three families The cave was ransacked as if a thief was searching for something. He wasn't sure about the bullet used to kills the people but it left big holes.These men were not scared of being caught. Their foot prints were all over the place according to the scouts there were only three of them.

Following their trail was easy enough and though I didn't know where they were headed. They certainly seemed to, they had not backtracked once nor did they to stop much. Last night they had found a small camp nearly 11 or 12 dead men laid out. The Old Lady had never said anything but by the way she was smashing their heads with large rocks. I quickly figured who these men used to be. One point for the three in my book however killing those innocent people in the cave they would need a lot more points to stop me from wanting to see them dead.
After the Old Lady had what vengeance she could extract from the dead ones we moved on. The trail led out and north towards Creede.
As we waited by the side of the road I knew what I should do. But I also knew I wasn't going to do it. When the scouts returned and confirmed my suspicion about the path taken. I made a call that I am sure all of us Disliked, But no one questioned. Hopefully by this time tomorrow we would be back home.

ATS Transponder. Eliza:: On our way back now should be about a day..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Your scenario is super-unlikely.

The situation is way, way worse than this.

The current situation is following, blow-by-blow the same events immediately prior to the French Revolutions.

If history continues to repeat...

- Some out-of-touch primadonna flunky will feel that he has somehow been snubbed by the administration.
- He will speak out, stabbing it in the back.
- This will undermine confidence further and, thanks to what he has said, people will presume that America can no longer pay its debt at a time when Obam is playing brinkmanship with Congress.
- It becomes a self-fulfilling propheyc and a run on the US debt occurs out of control and it exceeds the administration's ability to control it.
- Banks and finance houses close.
- RIoters attack the homes of the super-rich associated with the crash. OWS turns violent.
- With rumours of martial law, Middle class folk will raid army and National Guard armouries across the nation.
- Fearing not being paid and being sent to fight to support martial law, tropps will desert the armouries.
- Attempt at martial law will misfunction.
- Militia of newly armed middle class folk will storm temporayr camps and those seized are freed.
- All businesses are not long since closed.
- RIoters will attack anyone associated with this fainling government and the threahshold of who is "rich" drops. Even just professionals people like divorce lawyers and dentists are havein ghteir homes looted and murdered.
- Fighting in the streets by the hungry. Even just universioty graduates are now being attacked.
- People are starving and killing each other's neighbours.
- With all Government gone, USA now ressembles the openning scenes of "Dawn Of The Dead"
- Angry middle class folk will see that they have lost everything.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElizaAshdene
Going on the the third day looking for the transponder I still can't believe I left it somewhere. It's also been a couple of days since I heard anything from the scout groups and/or Therian. But my only contact with them is the transponder as well. I'm sure they're fine. They probably just went a bit further out this time. Note to self: Check back at camp to see if anyone knows where they were headed this time. I bet Thea knows...

"This is the area," I say to Kristen, one of the women around my age I brought with me. "I'm positive this is where I took the kids to show them edible plants. Yes! Look, there are the chokecherries I was showing them."

"Alright," she answers, "I'll go this way and comb around."

After about 2 minutes... "Thank gawd...." I sit down and Kristen comes near.

ATS TRANSPONDER: Greetings! SE ROCKIES here. Sorry for the delay in correspondences. I dropped the transponder out in the woods. It was NOT compromised. It was under some fallen leaves. Quick report to say we are still up and running. The scouts have been doing a hell-uv-a job locating the living and supplies. Our encampment has grown because of this. I'll be headed back down to camp to gather more details. Once I meet up with Therian again, I'll get details of what I've missed. Back soon. Over.

"Damn. I'm glad we found this. Even when it feels like we're talking to nobody. It still has a weird sense of comfort surrounding it."

Kristen smiled and we headed back to camp/town.

Off topic: The original theme was to post pics of supplies and equipment. I love how you posted something to add a bit of color.

On topic: Ats transponder: "Glad you found your transponder SEROCK, we've missed you. Good to hear you are OK. I feel better knowing Therian is around, he's ex-mil, and will serve your camp well.

I can't always respond to every transmission, on the East Coast they have set up jamming beacons all over. I'm mapping jammed spots, and we are ambling south towards SETX BC. I can't take direct routes, so I am switching back and forth in a southerly direction, avoiding populated areas, and looting small towns in between. I'll post a pic of my rig soon, as soon as we get to an area with no jammers set up. It seems they are dropping them by copters, all over the place, setting up some sort of grid by what I've watched from my recon point. My guess is that they are trying to block transmissions over the airwaves to prevent organization. Internet access is spotty with my gennie and my mobile satellite connection. Most requests time out, which proves that the backbones that still work are under heavy load. I don't think we'll have internet much longer.

Being paranoid, I do think that TPTB have a transponder or more in their possession. They are listening to us.

Folks, that's no different than when we used to be on ATS everyday. They watched then.

We need to be careful. NO specific areas are to be designated, keep it general, and no coordinates transmitted over the transponders. Use codes. ATS members can figure out simple codes. SETX has a puzzle to solve if you are entering their area. I advise developing your own codes for incomings.

Be on the lookout for plants. Look for people that don't act right. I'd think TPTB have a few of them roaming with the vagrants. Just a theory I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
ATS Transponder: SETX here. We do have a riddle ready. However, we will also be developing back up riddles. Each riddle will only be used once. If they are listening I suggest everyone change their codes after each use.

We are standing at about 20 adults and about 10 children ranging from 1 to 12. (Over 12 we would consider virtual adults and are providing various types of training for them.)

I've been trying to find out what may have happened to some of my family. Has anyone heard the conditions in SW Oklahoma and Central Arkansas. All are in small towns but within an hour or so of larger cities. None are ATSers but would appreciate any info out there on conditions. Thanks.

SETX out.
edit on 10/24/2011 by TXTriker because: because I can't proof read

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sceptredisle

It's super unlikely, but we are doing the best we can with what resources we acquire. It's a game. To see if we COULD survive.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Off Topic

To add the best way to consider the game is as what is called a "walk through scenario" in business continutity planning. With all that is going on in the world economy, growing civil unrest at home, and a plethora of over events natural and unnatural looming, it is a good exercise. No one truly knows what excrement will land on them when TSHTF but opportunity favors the prepared, not the lemmings and zombies.

I still owe photos to the game, just been supper busy in the rat race.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
NYVT Camp to all camps...over

We are still hanging in there. We have agreed on the tribal council with 5 chiefs. War Chief, Peace Chief, Medicine Chief, Camp Chief, and finally Head Chief (Tie Breaker). We have also started taking in small contact groups once vetted. We have gathered in a tauma surgeon, a nurse and a dentist with family. We are now up to 45 in camp.

I will be leading forward recon scouts in a few days to make contact at some local farmers I have know in the area for a while. We have seen some troubling smoke columns lately. No other EBS transmissions of late which is also scary. Other scout trips have noted towns fortifying and local LE and Politicians assuming martial control. Some of those towns are reinforced with NG and RA - most likely locals returning home with stock piles from desertions. We are fortifying as well as the masses are still trying to figure out what to do and how they will survive.

We still have not had contact with L2L in a week, not sure if he made it or is hunkered down.

NYVT Camp secure and surviving for now...out

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
He and the other 4 made it back by dinner time. Though they had already eaten so they simply went to there assigned houses. The Old Lady had set up shop in a small shed behind his house. She had been invited in but seemed to prefer her solitude. After dinner he reported in to Eliza..

Not a whole lot to report except there seems to be a few from Crede. They know what they are doing, Very talented it seems at extermination. The Old Mine was a killing ground, We followed them up towards the road. They are either from Crede or a city near Crede. They seemed to be looking for something. I think maybe we should build some fortifications, Maybe some tree towers. And some nail boards on the roads.. Some type of early warning system to give the encampment more lead time incase of an attack. We can set far watches with Whistling Arrows. if we keep the watches uneven constantly changing shift times. As long as we do this we they won't be able to predict our movements. After I can take my group and we can scout them out and see if we can do anything to slow or stop them.. You know if that is how you would like to handle it. If not then I am all ears and will do what I can to make it happen..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Off topic, Couldn't edit any of my other posts but wanted to ad pic of Deeks. Not sure why the picture doesn't just pop up but here he is regardless He will be 7 years old in November,

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-10-2011 by Therian because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2011 by Therian because: Trying to get pic to work

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Great looking friend you have there!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
OFF TOPIC: Hey-o. Real life internet interruption. Been offline a few days. Have lots of internet related things to take care of. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I'll be able to update in here.

*Also, I'll try to start using more pics to wake things up

Namaste,
Eliza

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Having spent the last several days building Sentry posts and minor booby traps. Everyone in town was aware of the where and how to avoid said Traps. As well he had with the help of A few men built up both a Forge and a Steaming Kiln. These two things would be crucial to get by with. Always need new shovels and axes Not to mention many other smaller things That they could eventually trade stock in.

He was ready to start on the wheel house bu was hesitant. It could be used to make electricity however he didn't want to build something so lasting knowing there were people nearby who might be tracing them. Living day by day was difficult and despite never wanting to go back to running for his life. He knew he would have to once again go find trouble just to verify it would not make it back here to Eliza's Encampment.

Drawing out the Wheel House, He added a small list of unusual supplies he would have to either build at the forge or loot from Crede. Several other things started rattling around his head so instead of allowing them to bog him down he went outside. Smiling at a few familiar faces he started his warm up routine..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It is very quiet in SETX. We were far enough out from the city that we had pretty good sky views after dark even before things went south. Now it is even better. The smaller towns around us have no power and that was the closest light interference before.

Camp is adjusting to various routines. The scouts are working well. We've managed to get some garden plots in. We've kept them small so we don't have to use tons of water to grow things. Also if the drought worsens we can decide which plots are the most important to maintain. Thank God I bought those heirloom seeds even though my husband thought I was nuts.

Its amazing the way everyone has come together to start over.

ATS Transponder: SETX here. We have no "new" news. Anyone have any new info on the broadcasts and camps. It is almost as if we are the last people on earth here - it is so quiet. Any updates would be appreciated.

SETX out.
edit on 10/30/2011 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Off Topic but I have to - you write so well, do you have any novels out there. If so, could you u2u the names to me. Your ability is amazing. Actually most everyone (but me) has some serious writing ability on this thread. I'm trying to learn from your techniques to make my contributions a little more interesting so please don't be upset if I seem to copy cat.
edit on 10/30/2011 by TXTriker because: more

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
ATS Transponder : S.E Asia
one of my contacts delivered this transponder. Have been monitoring situation over there from your transmissions and other sources.

Current sitrep in asia :
korea totally uninhabitable due to fighting between n.korea an u.s backed s.korean forces. Both nuclear and biological weapons were used rendering the korean peninsula uninhabitable for a long time to come.
u.s forces pulled out of japan recalled to handle trouble in the u.s according to reports.
There was a plague outbreak in china one-fourth of the population lost survivors evacuated to the empty cities that were built previously plague affected areas were burned to prevent further spread of the plague.
Singapore totally unlivable wiped out by unknown virus.
ASEAN nations have now united and are working together to keep things running smoothly.
Will update as further reports come in..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ATS Transponder: SE Rockies here. Hey, Asia! Glad to see someone alive and kicking on the other side of the world. Sounds like your situation isn't the best. Keep us updated, perhaps someone closer to you will pick up and give you a ray of hope.

Our situation here is the same, although many in the encampment are getting a little antsy. Food and supplies are still good, we have several gardens up and running and Therian has been doing his best securing the area.
Unfortunately, as the days past, we seem to be getting more and more looters. They have been traveling in small groups so we can only guess they are either alone or scouts. Most have been alone. Some came in with force, but just didn't stand a chance against our perimeter.

I think the increasing amount of dead is getting to people. I really wish I could give everyone more information... more positive information, but all I can do is smile and keep on truckin'.

We have found a handful more of the living and they have been integrated into our camp. As we grow it's harder for me to keep a good head count. We are still under 80. Several of the 'found' were elderly and simply left when the SHTF. They may be more of a burden, but I won't turn anyone away that's not shooting at us.

I'm starting to feel the stress and anticipation of the days to come. Soon we will have to decide if it's safe to stay here or move to the Spanish Peaks. People have so many questions, but we are all just playing the waiting game.

I think I'll go bake some cookies or something. It always calmed me down (before theSHTF), and I'm sure everyone would appreciate something sweet.

SE Rockies here, still cookin'. If you're in the area- cookies tonight! Over.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Off Topic

No I am not an author of any sort. Though I have thought about it allot. Would be a nice way to make a little extra cash.. But thank you it is a confidence boost. Maybe One day I will write some of my crazy thoughts down. Hopefully get a good proofreader to fix all my mistakes..

Therian

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join