It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realistic Survival Game: Scenario 1: Economic Collapse.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
5 core survival needs:

1) knowledge of the other 4 and a backup hard copy of it, waterproofed.

2) Self Defense - some knives, some firearms, some ammo

3) Shelter - hypothermia sets in 25 times faster when wet, wool stays warm when wet,
have tools for making makeshift shelters in the wilderness, see SAS survival guide.

4) Water - carrying lots of heavy water isn't practical, have a mobile method like
USP resublimated iodine crystals like the commercial product polar pure.

You can also use a bio sand filter and or use active charcoal made from a campfire,
and boiling water works as well.

5) Food - you can go many days without food, but your performance will start to drop rapidly.
I have some survival food tablets, I have some nitro packed rice, beans, and hard winter wheat
cached away from the city.

I have a bugout bag and a net hammock that I can weave in plant material to make
semi-OK ghillie suit.

I will be heading to some rural land owned by a military friend and a few other prior military ppl
I know will be showing up and we will be keeping our group small and restricted to ppl
we have know a long while that we trust with our lives so that pretty much counts out
99% of the ppl on ATS.

My best advice is know your survival, and know how to hide really well because once you start
shooting it will be like moths to a flame.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
He had not responded further With Wookiep. All the information already given was enough for him. The Zombie were on the move worse thing he could do is drive in. Despite knowing this driving in is exactly what he did.. When they got to the outskirts of town, He and Rose separated. Giving her a quick Instruction would have been nice, But the van had keys already in the visor. He transferred most his gear into the van. It wasn't enough to take up allot of space. But if the plan went bad he wanted to make sure Rose had the gear she needed to make it back. Giving her all the instruction he could think of he nodded at her and she started counting. She would wait 4 minutes then follow, Stopping to pick up Wookiep and assist him to get back to their vehicles. While he would happily drive in through town whilst making enough noise to attract attention.

After about 30 minutes of being chased he would break off and meet them back in Villa Grove. Out of communication with Rose, he could only hope she was able to assist the group. He merrily did as he had planned and started honking his horn. Quickly he had a following, They may be a little smarter but weakened and without much food they weren't very fast. Staying only just ahead of them the whole time he only ran into one hiccup. Turning down one road he missed the dead end sign. This wasn't to much of a problem since reverse worked well. By this time Rose should have stopped in the center of town. He was at least 10 blocks away when he had to reverse out of the dead end. Zombies like humans were quite squishy he noticed indifferently. After adjusting course and loosing a head light along with his passenger side mirror. He drove on towards the west of town. The longer he kept them busy the better for those in the center of town.

ATS Transponder: Wookiep: Can't talk much, Give Rose directions to your vehicles she will get you to Villa Grove to the south. If all works out I should meet you all there soon after. If not Rose can get you the rest of the way.

Clicking the Transponder whilst driving wasn't so hard. However he didn't want to push his luck to far. He might survive a crash only to become Zombie food after..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As I peeked around the corner I could see Rose coming our way. "Pssst over here!" I could only assume it was Rose, as we hadn't seen another soul resembling "normal" for almost 3 weeks now. (aside from the camps in Florrisant) She was much younger than I had thought. In fact, she was just a couple years older than my son. With all his hormones still raging about, immediately, I could tell my son had already taken a liking to her. "Rusty, now is not the time, sheesh. Let's move and move fast! The longer we take on this, the more danger Therian is in!" Rose agreed and we began making our way out of town. We had very little supplies on us, so we were able to travel light and fast. Once we hit the outskirts, we had finally reached our vehicles. "Rose, we have some supplies and fuel, take what you need! We appreciate your coming to assist us, we'll head to the crossroads and then we'll follow you the rest of the way."

ATS transponder: "Come in Therian. We've made it with Rose back to our vehicles just outside of town. Thanks for coming through for us! "Star for you", as we used to say on ATS, haha. Please get yourself out of Center, and meet up with us at the crossroads, over."
edit on 6-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
As I drove off, Rose informed me that we were going the wrong way. She expressed concern for Therian and began showing us the way to "Villa Grove to the south".... When we finally arrived, we waited in earnest to hear from or see Therian driving toward our location."Rusty, take your uncle and go find some kindling, we may have to set up camp." Rose anxiously awaited nervously, only time will tell what fate was in store for Therian..

ATS transponder: "Therian, we've had a slight mis-communication. We have arrived at Villa Grove South, NOT the crossroads. If you are in need of assistance or are overrun, I will take a vehicle and head toward town myself. If I do not hear from you on your transponder verifying your safety within no less than 4 hours, I will head to town in search of you anyway, over."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
The "walkers" that we had started encountering more frequently on our journey to Center Colorado, were not like those we had seen in the movies..They were seemingly becoming more.. intelligent now, and it looked as if something even bigger was on the horizon.

edit on 5-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

ATS Transponder: Wookiep, could you please give some more details on the changes in the "walkers"? We would like to know what we should be watching for here. Maybe it is something localized to Colorato but we won't know for sure unless we can start looking for what you are seeing.

Hope that makes sense. Information is precious and life affecting nowadays.

BTW - all is still quiet here. Not sure whats going on. Has anyone heard anymore broadcasts. We are laying low and trying to get the camp completely organized and loose ends tied up.

SETX out.

I keep thinking about all those threads I used to read on ATS. If any were to happen, how would we know? The one that particularly torments me is the New Madrid splitting the US. How long would take for the water to reach us? I remember how much of the Texas coast would be under water. Are we far enough away? Should we move? I guess we need to schedule the camp leaders to a meeting to discuss. I'll get with Honda Bob and Dawg to see when it can be arranged. Dawg always thought I was crazy but now, not so much.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

ATS Transponder: "TXTriker, I hear you loud and clear! The activity I noticed from the "walkers" in Buena Vista was quite telling. We were holed up for 2 days, and I did a little covert investigating during my time there. One thing I observed which was odd, was that they were all gathering in one spot, it appeared to be some type of "Assembly". If I didn't know any better, I would guess they were actually making some type of organized plans. Also, during our scuffle, we were siphoning gas from old vehicles using rubber hoses we had scavenged. The "walkers" caught us off guard and quite the scuffle ensued. Although we managed escape with only minor injuries, I noticed that they were taking our supplies. Our only toolkit was lifted by the walkers, indicating to me that they were planning to use them. Not quite what I expected from "zombies". If I didn't know any better, they may appear as common looters to some from a distance. Up close, you can clearly still see they are "zombified" based on their blood red eyes, lack of hygene, and general mannerisms. It almost appears to me as if they are evolving somehow from what we saw back in Colorado Springs, over."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

ATS Transponder: SETX here. Thanks Wookiep. I will pass the info to our scouts so that can watch for this. We haven't seen any in some time but if they are evolving they may still be in Houston and not made it this far out.

I will update if we get any info. To all other ATSers, in your travels please keep an eye out and update us if any of you have any additional info on the evolution of the "zombies".

SETX out.

Great, we thought they would all die out from the virus. Now we have to battle another enemy in addition to the government. Better get that meeting done ASAP.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Central Texas lurker with a transponder, 6 useful connections without transponders, colloidal silver machine and a bicycle-generator to run it, survival library that puts many libraries to shame, much practical experience.

"TREX to SETX, anti-viral solutions coming your way. Five gallons. You'll find them in the culvert in front of the miniature pony ranch convent."

OVER

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
ATS Transponder. Wookiep: No worries Had to change plans slightly. Just going to be a bit late. Got almost all the way out of town when I ran into some glass. Took me a few hours to skirts around and get replacement tires. You would think after over a month of narrow escapes I would have learned to carry spare tires. Well anyways will be there soon. Tell Rose I am fine and that you all should start heading towards center. In villa grove there is a free gas pump fill up and take off. I will be about five hours behind you all. Over

He looked down to gash on his shoulder. Then finished moving to the 201o chevy camaro ss.

It was an automatic and the gash was on his right shoulder. Dodging between two fences had earned him the nasty cut. He might have been able to beat the four walkers off but he instead decided to run. He didn't have sutures but the Butterfly tape would keep the wound closed for now. Hopefully Dr. Rob could stitch him up when he got back. Taking his truck would have been better but The stick was more then a pain so he went with a easier model. Deeks instantly fell in love with the Back seat. Driving off he increased his normal safe pace and added some rubber on the Road. He would have to make good time to meet them near Center..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

ATS transponder: "Glad to hear you are ok, Therian! Rose was elated to hear it. There is a little bit of confusion, however. We just came from center and are now in Villa Grove, (maybe 30 mins from Center). I'm not sure if I copy correctly, did you say you want us all to head back to Center? Over."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ATS TRANSPONDER: SE Rockies here. Dr. Rob again.

Wookiep you'll need to come through Center again to make it to our encampment. Villa Grove is about 45 miles north of Center. I'd say head this way, stay on 285 South. Maybe the only reason for going up that way was for gas.

Update on our situation: Eliza is back, but she's hurt. Broken rib and several bruises. They ruffed her up pretty good. She's wrapped up and resting right now. The trade could have gone better. We did it on the west side, just outside of town. We had two SUVs filled with gas and supplies, as requested, and every person we could armed and on stand-by.

About 45 minutes after sunset the approached town. They brought the entire group with them, which ended up being around 22-23 people. It was like a stand-off in an old western. Ridiculous. They sent someone out with Eliza to talk and we sent out Terry. Some noise startled one of the kids on their side who had a gun. Then, chaos.

Someone got Eliza out and hidden. The keys were in the ignition to the SUVs, facing east. Several of them started to get into the SUVs (they had three other cars with them). The three original cars peeled out headed east towards Alamosa. The last few people jumped in the SUVs and sped off. They left one of their wounded. We tried to treat him, but he died less than an hour later.

Eliza said they are planning on looting in Alamosa and then are headed to Colorado Springs for government assistance. She told them she had heard it was bad there, but they didn't believe her.

She should be feeling considerably better after another night's rest, at which time, she'll continue these broadcasts.

I will also pass along info about the walkers to everyone here. Luckily, we've only had to deal with humans and wildlife. OVER.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
PhysicsAdept here.

I am at the Great Dunes Sand Park in Colorado. I have been here now for just over a week. I have been living off of pika and marmont meat. The reason why I have come here during the outbreak, is because I thought the diverse climate would be suitable for thriving during my attempt to evade zombies. I also thought that though I may run into a few, or even several, zombies... over all I should be safe due to the some-what desolate location and the governmental laws protecting much of any civilization from inhabiting the area. I have lost all contact with my family. Before the outbreak I lived at home with 3 others back in Colorado Springs. My mother figure worked in the health system, and was lost almost immediately in the outbreak. Her husband was drafted to the military and I haven't seen or heard from him since day 2 of the outbreak. My poor and beloved sibling fell very ill on the 3-week trek to the sand dunes, and ended up getting mutilated by ravenous human-zombies. Now it is just me, and I have only a few supplies left from when I started my journey. These include:

37 American dollars
1 Samsung Gravity cell- phone w/ charger
1 3g 8gig Apple iPod w/charger
Personal Identification Card
TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator
sleeping bag
1 roll of slightly used duct tape
a handful of Na(OH) tablets
Clothes on me and in possession include:
(Sweats, Jeans, 2 shirts, 4 pairs of socks and boxers)
pika and marmont for 1 person (3 day supply, give or take)
1 empty can (used to be Arizona)
1 bottle of Dr. Pepper (1 L)
5 bottles of lake water (.75 L each)
(and of course) my ATS transponder
Water is plentiful for me as I am residing next to a lake (I think it is called Sand Creek Lake, there was a broken sign labeled this about 10 minutes walk from the edge of the lake). I am containing the water in my water bottles, and I use my Arizona can for boiling

All items are contained in a back pack and my pockets.

Now I am wandering through the diverse terrain of the Dunes, contemplating my next move in life. Should I stay put and survive, or should I seek others and live? My transponder got wet in the initial travels to this location. Since this, it has been fussy. I haven't even looked at it in the past few days but now I am getting itchy to talk to someone real, so I put the batteries in the transponder and try it again.

ATS transponder: "Hello? This is PhysicsAdept. I am looking for any other civil life. I have plenty of water and have access to food. I am skilled with math, and am teaching myself Archery through fashioned materials I have found in the wilderness. I am currently in Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado and am willing to travel. Please, can anyone hear my message? I will not be a burden to anyone, and can help out any just cause that may be taking place somewhere else. Any marmot meat I have can be yours if you ask. It's a little gamy, but the aftertaste isn't too bad. Out."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

ATS transponder: "Hello Dr. Rob. We have decided to stay in Villa Grove over night, it's been a long day. We will head south down 285 tomorrow. I'm not sure I know what your location is, I know it's south, but that's all I really know at this point. I do apologize but I was out of communication for a couple days, before that I was banding together with family and neighbors in Colorado Springs. With that said, I would *really* advise against Eliza going to the Springs, it was REALLY bad just last week, we barely escaped. Anyway, Rose is tuckered out and is sleeping so I can't ask her right now where exactly our destination is. Would you mind please sharing your coordinates? Thanks! Oh and P.S. If Eliza still insists on heading to the Springs, the only "safe" place to my knowledge would be NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain. I don't know what kind of people skills she has, but they weren't letting any civilians in last we checked. They weren't letting any military personnel out either. My guess is, they have enough provisions to last years, and they aren't going to share. over."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Central Texas lurker with a transponder, 6 useful connections without transponders, colloidal silver machine and a bicycle-generator to run it, survival library that puts many libraries to shame, much practical experience.

"TREX to SETX, anti-viral solutions coming your way. Five gallons. You'll find them in the culvert in front of the miniature pony ranch convent."

OVER

ATS Transponder: SETX here. Thanks TREX, will send the scouts for the anti-virals. Shame they had to sell the place but I guess better than what is happening now. Are you staying put or heading this way? We have plenty of room and could always use extra help. Let me know and I'll have scouts meet you.

SETX out.
edit on 11/6/2011 by TXTriker because: facts

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
... will send the scouts for the anti-virals. Shame they had to sell the place but I guess better than what is happening now. Are you staying put or heading this way? We have plenty of room and could always use extra help. Let me know and I'll have scouts meet you.

SETX out.
edit on 11/6/2011 by TXTriker because: facts

ATS transponder (the 500 mile range version
) SETX - Dosage and storage directions are Sharpied on the side of the containers. Don't let them freeze. Keep in dark place. No refrigeration required. No expiration date.

The place was resold to a new group of non-cloistered nuns and is operated by a civilian couple now.

Staying put, sorry. A survivalist's dream 10 acre gold mine on a hilltop, minus the gold of course. Thank you for the offer. Let me know if you need other help. Have a mountain of seed, no good in this drought though.

Incognito TREX - OUT"

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

ATS Transponder: SETX here. Thanks Trex. I always loved the Hill Country. Used to ride the bikes (motorcycles) on the Three Sisters.

Hang onto that hill. Maybe when things settle some we will visit. Take care and thanks again.

SETX Out

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

ATS Transponder: SETX to PhysicsAdept - you are welcome here but you are much closer to the Rockies base camp. You might try raising them on the transponder. You should definitely find people. It is a time of need of each other.

If you can't reach them or prefer to leave CO let me know and we'll get you here. There is also someone in Central Texas that might help.

Keep an eye out for walkers in your area. The zombies are evolving and hard to identify from a distance.

SETX out.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ATS Transponder : asia

have put together medical supplies, weapons, ammunition, food, clothing and blankets.
Arrainging for a long-range aircraft to do a fly-over and supply drop to your colorado base..
Once get the aircraft will let you know so that you can set up and mark a drop-zone aircraft will not land will airdrop the supplies and return.
Asia over.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

ATS transponder: "I read you TXTTriker! It is so nice to finally hear a human voice! As you may have heard, my transponder went through a... mishap... But I am glad to see it working again! You are my first contact so far, so I will see if there are any people in my area! Just as a status update, I will tell you that I have had an encounter. There was a walker that headed in my direction. It charged me and had incredible balance. The ones I saw before were not like this one... Instincts were not the only driving force behind it. I saw a mixture of both anger and fear in his eyes... It was horrible! Luckily, I liberated his soul from his body. I Impaled him with a nearby metal pole that I was lucky to stumble on shortly before I met this creature. Also, I have news. On this zombie's person I found something--that may require attention. There is a map of Colorado, and though it is heavily stained in water and blood, I see that there was an attempt made to point some location out on the map. I think something is circled in red, though I cannot distinguish possible ink from blood. I will examine it more closely and get back to you. Thank you again for responding, over."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

ATS transponder: "I have received intel of possible ATS members in the Rockies? Can someone there confirm? I am in The Sand Dunes National Park and request a meeting, and possible asylum. I assure to all that I can prove to be a valuable resource. Over."

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join