It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos from Occupy Philadelphia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
OccupyPhilly.org

There are no constraints left to halt America’s slide into a totalitarian capitalism. Electoral politics are a sham. The media have been debased and defanged by corporate owners. The working class has been impoverished and is now being plunged into profound despair. The legal system has been corrupted to serve corporate interests. Popular institutions, from labor unions to political parties, have been destroyed or emasculated by corporate power. And any form of protest, no matter how tepid, is blocked by an internal security apparatus that is starting to rival that of the East German secret police. The mounting anger and hatred, coursing through the bloodstream of the body politic, make violence and counter-violence inevitable. Brace yourself. The American empire is over. And the descent is going to be horrifying.

Here are some photos I managed to get this afternoon:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Im still not sure how I feel about all this other than its good to see people doing SOMETHING other than just taking what the government and big business dish out with little to no complaint. Hopefully things can remain peaceful though I have my doubts, given the way the police in NY are behaving. Some friends of mine who are really into all of this advised me to stock up supplies because things would get a lot more uncertain in the coming weeks and days. I guess we shall see.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

It's hard to grasp how far this movement is spreading. So many threads from so many places regarding local protests. I'd really like to see a complete list of locations where people are coming out and standing up. It certainly seems to be nation-wide. Thank you for posting your experience and your photos.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For anyone on facebook...there is an Occupy Earth page that I think is trying to do just that...keep tabs on just how many occupations are going on right now.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes I have been reading and keeping a close eye on whats been happening. Put up supplies, and extra food, because if things start getting violent, life will be mighty hairy for a while. We may even end up under martial law, if things get really crazy...
... I also have a bug out bag, along with the rest of my family in case tshtf in a big way.

I just hope some other Nation that is itching for a fight with us, doesn't take that opportunity to do so while we are internally in chaos...
... That would not be good....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

S&F! Good pictures!

Hopefully more and more people will continue to show up. I dont really know how the Philly police act, but here in Dallas, they have been very respectful. Just stay peaceful.

reply to post by VariableConstant

It's hard to grasp how far this movement is spreading. So many threads from so many places regarding local protests. I'd really like to see a complete list of locations where people are coming out and standing up. It certainly seems to be nation-wide. Thank you for posting your experience and your photos.

Here's a picture I found that was posted on the occupy dallas facebook 2 days ago.

Im guessing there may be more now to

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Capitalism never happened.

We have to pay to licence everything, even the land we pretend to 'own', and if you don't pay that property tax, they will confiscate it from you and put you behind bars.

That's not capitalism, trust me.

That's state-ownership of everything. It's totalitarianism and tyranny.
And then the corporations lobby the state to skirt under the tax system and promote their corporate agenda to take over and get rich, that's fascism.

Saying "get rid of capitalism" is very misguided in my opinion, they should be saying "get rid of tyranny".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Here's a picture I found that was posted on the occupy dallas facebook 2 days ago.

Im guessing there may be more now to

Thank you, that is impressive.

This gets me thinking. We have way more potential than we can even imagine.

Just think of what is possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The cops here have their good and bad apples. This is the town of flashmobs and knuckleheads and the police have had many run ins with both this year. Lets hope they see this for what it is and not just more "kids making trouble"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus

The cops here have their good and bad apples.

People are like that everywhere.
Believe it or not, cops are people too.
They just happen to have a badge, pretty lights(except when seen in the rear-view), and annoying sirens.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great pictures!

They're real inspiring, regardless of what people think about the whole Occupy movement..

Hopefully the UK can wake up & get with the program too. I think there's already been a protest held in London..But I wanna see something similar to how the movement has spread, like in the U.S.

S&F

new topics

top topics

join