It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Two French Journalists Kidnapped

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Martin
The French are so damned unpredictable, man... First they embrace exiles, then they tell them they can't wear all that religious crap... I say nuke 'em.

I agree with Otts, that's a very distasteful attitude and i'm surprised you're allowed out in the public and posting on here.

BTW Jack this isn't some backyard game with Green and Tan coloured plastic toy soldiers shooting eachother. This is real

The # is chess it ain't chequers.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"If France backpedals "

Do you think a nation will allow it's self to dicated by little thugs with AK47's that desire to commit an islamic ritual of commiting murder in order to pls their allah.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Jack Martin - Ah, just read down and saw that your "nuke France" thing is being silly. However, re your comment about the French being sissy-pussed and so on...

I would just like to remind people that after 9/11 Jacques Chirac was the first foreigh leader to go to Washington and declare his solidarity with the United States. French international newspaper "Le Monde" titled "We are all Americans" on its front page.

Just remember that when you criticize France, especially when it's struggling to save two of its citizens.

And before anyone calls me a frog-lover... because I'm sure that's coming... I just think that a balanced approach is required. There's been too much of that "Countries that agree with the U.S. good, countries that disagree with the U.S. evil" mentality going around. Just trying to set the record straight.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I suppose the Philippines and Poland just fancied going on vacation? I said "IF" not "WHEN" you fool.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i AM FRENCH and don t talk about if it is good or bad
They are humans
black or white
no matter the more important is that they don t have to be killed by stupidity

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree with Otts. Sure, France is #ed up in alot of ways, but thier opposition to Iraq was not one of them.

There were more Americans in the govornment trying to avoid and stop the Iraq war anyway. Do you call them traitors?

This subject is about terrorists taking hostages and threatening violence and brutality if another countries dont change a law they dont like.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfThis subject is about terrorists taking hostages and threatening violence and brutality if another countries dont change a law they dont like.

Isn't that what the war on terror is all about? Isn't this why the US is fighting wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? This is the face of the future. Get used to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
French minister attempts to secure release of journalists

August 30, 2004. 7:20am (AEST)

It is the first time during Iraq's foreign hostage crisis that kidnappers have sought to secure foreign policy change.

France was a fierce opponent of the Iraq war and does not have any troops in the country.

www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
this was posted by Flyboy:

I agree with Otts, that's a very distasteful attitude and i'm surprised you're allowed out in the public and posting on here.

BTW Jack this isn't some backyard game with Green and Tan coloured plastic toy soldiers shooting eachother. This is real

The # is chess it ain't chequers. (end quote)

Well, Flyboy, I'm only presenting a sense of humor. I appreciate your concern and apologize for being silly in a spot which required solemnity.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Jack Martin - Ah, just read down and saw that your "nuke France" thing is being silly. However, re your comment about the French being sissy-pussed and so on...

I would just like to remind people that after 9/11 Jacques Chirac was the first foreigh leader to go to Washington and declare his solidarity with the United States. French international newspaper "Le Monde" titled "We are all Americans" on its front page.

Just remember that when you criticize France, especially when it's struggling to save two of its citizens.

And before anyone calls me a frog-lover... because I'm sure that's coming... I just think that a balanced approach is required. There's been too much of that "Countries that agree with the U.S. good, countries that disagree with the U.S. evil" mentality going around. Just trying to set the record straight.

Yeah, and they're busting their butts to find Osama bin Laden, and just look at all the money they've put into fighting terrorism. You're absolutely right: those French sure do love America.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
French are idiots for allowing these savages into their country. All they do is rape their women, commit crime, and want to blow something up.

Those journalistics shouldn't be in the land of the savages. You don't allow sheep to walk through an infested wolves valley.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Thinker]

Gee, Thinker, I was only joking; you seem to be a real heavy on this subject. (Hey, you know, Jerry Lewis is going to be the go-between in negotiations).

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry if i snapped Jack, although you were messing about some people may interpret it as a serious comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Aw, that's all right Flyboy. I tend to drink too much, and the sense of humor becomes tasteless.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Isn't that what the war on terror is all about? Isn't this why the US is fighting wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? This is the face of the future. Get used to it.

No. If we were really interested in fighting terror, wed be after Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. Iraq was not a terror factor until we opened Pandora's box there.

The new face of the world: a hornets nest we bust open by invading countries that were lower prioity threats and letting the real problems get off easy. get used to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
No. If we were really interested in fighting terror, wed be after Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.

Clearly, the US needs to avail itself of the Evil Elf Terror Intelligence Network. Bill Cowan move over.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
what's gonna happen now do you think......

poor blokes.......

France's Response

[edit on 30/8/04 by Klepto]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

France should just deport all muslims instead of head scarfe. Fix the problem once and for all. In last yeah my hate for muslims has been growing to much. Stuff like this makes me so made. neoplean will be roling in his grave.

Do you (and others posting similar remarks) really think that all muslims are gun-toting extremists? My, my, the press seems to have done it's job... I'd wager you don't even personally know any? Most muslims are some of the kindest people you'd ever meet. It's the extremist minority who get all the press. I've lived with them for over two years, and believe me, it gives you a unique perspective that I wish I could share with others, to avoid such blind hatred. Are you suggesting putting them into camps? Another guy had that idea too...maybe you've heard of him....Hitler?

Not to mention, this reeks of the anti-Japanese sentiment of WWII. How many remember that debacle?
'

I will say this though, on this particular issue.... Giving into terrorism does nothing but legitimize it as a valid means of achieving your goals. Spain, the Phillipines, and others bear some of the responsibility for these continued kidnappings, as it's their actions which have served to make such kidnappings an attractive means of getting the terrorist's goals achieved.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Lets see what the outcome of this crisis meeting is.

August 31, 2004

PRIME Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin will preside over a ministerial crisis meeting today after an ultimatum on two French hostages held in Iraq was extended by 24 hours, a source close to him said.

The meeting, to be held at 11:30am (1830 AEST) at the prime minister's office, was to be attended by Education Minister Francois Fillon, Defence Minister Michele Alliot-Marie, Interior Minister Dominique de Villepin, Communications Minister Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres and government spokesman Jean-Francois Cope.

The offices of both Barnier and Raffarin refused to comment last night on the latest developments, saying only that they were closely monitoring the situation, which has left France in a state of shock.

news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
In fact even the organization who opposed that directive the most now support the government in its policy of no deals with terrorists
So don't accuse me of hate but these journalists do a stupid thing

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
My guess is,

The French will do their best to negotiate it will fail and heads will roll. The retaliation against the Muslims in France will be extreme.
"All for One and One for All" the Frogs will make the anti-semitisim against the Jew's look like child's play. All Muslim's will be open targets!
I am always wrong, relax.

TUT

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join