It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ability to sense other peoples emotions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Dealing with other people's emotions is impossible if you cannot first deal with your own.

If you are empathic, seek to understand the nature of emotions. Seek to maintain a balance of your own emotions. When your emotions are balanced, other people's emotions will be easily identified as "not yours". This allows one to live in harmony with their gift.

An "emotional inventory" could be helpful during times of intense emotion or before you learn to balance your emotions. Ask yourself, "What am I feeling?", "Why am I feeling this?"

If you cannot answer the "Why?" question, the emotion may not be yours.

Take Care.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm glad I get the screen captures. That's when I know for sure it's not me.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
I hate crowds. It's your prerogative as to whether or not you believe I'm empathic, but I get pretty close to wigging out when there are that many people milling around, engaging in conversations, all subconsciously worked up by the ubiquitous advertisement, entertainment, and glamor of a place like a mall or theme park. It's sort of like a psychic overload, I guess.

The funny thing is, if everyone is sitting still, or all focused on or paying attention to the same thing, even if they're jumping around (like at a concert), it doesn't bother me.

Good times, I guess.

If I am in a crowd, my mind is closing, and rejects almost every information from the outside , that does not interest me... like advertisements, and others' chatting nearby. On the other hand, I highly concentrate on the movements nearby me, somehow I see those people being annoyed by this concentration, I believe.

This makes those individuals actually freeze right in front of me, in a moving crowd. Anyone experienced such thing before, I am looking forward to hear that.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hmm. Maybe it's not always great to have screen shots. Like seeing someone with bullet-like holes throughout their energy bodies where negs are nesting & eating away at them. Eek.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What you are talking about it also what happens to me, but just slightly different.

I didn't notice that i was actually sensing other peoples emotions until a year ago. My mom teaches all about charkas and she ended up telling me because i had 'gifts' when i was little, like i could see my guardian angel and that i saw peoples auras... stuff like that

so i can sense emotions that are stronger emotions like, happy, sad, depressed, frustrated, angry, impatient, silly, nervous, jelous, hyper. or anything like that. But the real problem is that i take on the emotion i feel, and to the exact degree. like one time i asked my mom to help me and she gave off a stronge emotion of 'frustrated' to the point i felt like screaming at her and slapping her to get her off of the chair and help me. i tried to control it, but i was shaking so violently. I told her to calm down and tell me what was wrong so i wouldn't do anything harsh.

After i told her that i felt her being frustrated she told me that there was an exercise to control that 'absorbtion' (she called it). She said to imagine a zipper and taking that zipper from your red chakra up to your top chakra (i think its dark purple or white), you do this motion with your hand like you would to with a jacket. She says physical movement in your chakra feild (or your 'personal bubble' some people call it) helps you block some things off or lets things be more visable or something. It works for me if i close my eyes and concentrate hard enough, but i don't do it a lot because peoples emotions are more obvious to read. i'm also affraid that if i do this to much i'll loose my gift to feel. She says that this won't happen though.

If you notice you do take on the emotion you could try this exercise and maybe you'll notice the difference

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Well, this is weird, for a long time i have noticed that i can pick up on peoples emotions without them showing them. For example, in a crowd of people, i can pick up peoples emotions etc and feel what they are feeling without even making contact with them
weird to say the least, how would you explain it?

( note: if your gonna joke and take the piss, dont waste your time..ill flame back
)

I read the other comments after replying to you the first time and i'd say there is no reason to do pill and drugs to controll this. There are many ways to control or block out the emotions you feel. If you want to take pills and drugs a shot, i won't stop you, and i won't blame you either.

I also want to comment, that when i was less experinced about feeling emotions i would go to a BIG party where everyone would dance and be totally excited and crazy. But the next day i would have what you call a 'hang over' although i don't drink. I would just sit around and do nothing all day and i wouldn't want to speak to anyone. If they did try i would just tell them off. This was because the party and all of the emotions drained all of my positive energy to the people around me. Even my dads and step reliatives that don't believe in this called it a 'social hangover' and wouldn't dare go near me for at least two days.

After i realized i could control it i no longer had them, and also got closer to my family. Good luck in your research!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i can also feel what people feel too. all the emothions even pain.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I've always had that ability too. I thought it was just a normal thing for all people, until I started to discover that other people couldn't sense other's emotions at all. And some people are totally unaware that others can sense their energies.

An example of this is a friend's wife, who when her children misbehave will stay where she is at the table with guests, and scream at her children from there, rather then go to them and deal with them. She has no idea that she is screaming at everybody in the room, that her guests are subjected to the same coarse energies as her intended target is.

I've also noticed that people who cannot sense other's energies tend to rely on words heavily. They can't tell if someone is lying or telling the truth, so they need further words in order to decide. It made me realize how simple it is to deceive people like this, and that TPTB must surely realize this too, which is why they put in so much effort "dumbing us down".

IMHO, they don't dumb us down intellectually, but spiritually for this reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I hate social situations because I can usually read people's emotions. It's mainly an instinct, I can just feel someone's personality and what they're like. I dunno if it's psychic, but it gets really draining. In fact, it becomes extremely overwhelming.

Cure? Alcohol. Numb the senses.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Potato
I hate social situations because I can usually read people's emotions. It's mainly an instinct, I can just feel someone's personality and what they're like. I dunno if it's psychic, but it gets really draining. In fact, it becomes extremely overwhelming.

That's one of the reasons I also avoid social situations, but large, public places are much different. I find that places like parks and malls and airports especially have some wonderful emotions floating around.

Cure? Alcohol. Numb the senses.

Vallium prescribed by your doctor and ONLY when going somewhere you know you'd fall apart in without it, like a funeral.

It's better to learn to deal with the emotions than cover them up, addicting your body to a substance in the process. Never a good thing.
The world has enough zombies in it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Fair point, but in any situation with large groups of people I can get many different feelings, all of the feelings lead me to wanting to retreat, though.

Holy crap, maybe I suffer from a mild case of agoraphobia.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

I doubt it, not if you enjoy going out and being around some people sometimes.

wiki definition:
The word "agoraphobia" is an English adaptation of the Greek words agora (αγορά) and phobos (φόβος), and literally translates to "a fear of the marketplace."

Agoraphobia is a condition where the sufferer becomes anxious in environments that are unfamiliar or where he or she perceives that they have little control. Triggers for this anxiety may include crowds, wide open spaces, or traveling (even short distances). This anxiety is often compounded by a fear of social embarrassment, as the agoraphobic fears the onset of a panic attack and appearing distraught in public.

Agoraphobics may experience panic attacks in situations where they feel trapped, insecure, out of control or too far from their personal comfort zone. In severe cases, an agoraphobic may be confined to his or her home. Many people with agoraphobia are comfortable seeing visitors in a defined space they feel they can control. Such people may live for years without leaving their homes, while happily seeing visitors in and working from their personal safety zones. If the agoraphobic leaves his or her safety zone, they may experience a panic attack.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does any one know how you can learn to block the emotions around you?
I really need how to learn to control it. If I don't Im scared things may end badly. Some one please help...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
geez this is a great thread! I didnt realize this was a special gift, or what have you, until i started reading ATS!! I wait tables and this was really hard at first. Not only can i feel emotions, but i can make people feel mine (a little more difficult to pull off). My dad and I are also very connected and i cant stand it sometimes. Other times its just knowing if someone is mad at me and i cant stop asking them, "what is wrong with you?" over and over again until i get an answer. I think this is definately a gift and a curse...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I guess I experience this to a great degree as well, though I hate the label. I think everyone has this capability, it's just some are more open to it or sensitive to it than others.

Crowds totally drain me and I much prefer either being with my immediate family, closest of friends or just alone.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thats means Your a Clairsentient check it out on google to get more info

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think its pretty easy to sense when someone you know very well is either depressed, sad, happy, distressed or otherwise. I dont think there is any real secret here to this, I just feel that it is what it is.

I mean, there comes a time when you know someone as well as you know yourself and once it gets to that point, you can read that person like a book.

I have a best friend that I can read like a book. I know when hes lying and I know when hes telling the truth...I know when hes depressed about something....I mean, sometimes you dont even have to ask someone to know.

The above can also be the same with pets (and pets knowing when we are depressed etc)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think it's a curse.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I get this frequently, and as a result I've spent most of my life as a hermit. It started with the onset of puberty (ten years old for me), and you know how cruel some kids can be at that age. I withdrew, not because I really wanted to, but because if I didn't then all of those emotions in the air would have overwhelmed me. Becoming introverted to such an extent as I was was a great way of putting up a mental block, and over time I have gradually learned to develop a thicker skin, especially if the energies are directed negatively at me, so the block isn't as prevalent.

It's going out shopping that poses more of an issue for me these days. I'm over my crowd hating for the most part, but when I get to the checkouts I zero in on the casher without even meaning to. I get the most uncomfortables vibes from them, even if they are outwardly happy and pleasant. It's like a hatred and loathing bubbling under the surface.

Recently I've discovered that I leech off other peoples emotions as well. For instance, I can walk into a room perfectly happy one minute, then someone walks in who is having a bad day and without them even doing anything, speaking or gesturing, my mood goes instantly downhill. It doesn't happen if they're happy. This only happens with those closest to me, so it could be argued that I've just known these people for too long.

But yes, I love the internet because I don't get bogged down with feelings coming in at me like arrows on fire.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
its called empathy.
2nd line.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join