It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ability to sense other peoples emotions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, this is weird, for a long time i have noticed that i can pick up on peoples emotions without them showing them. For example, in a crowd of people, i can pick up peoples emotions etc and feel what they are feeling without even making contact with them
weird to say the least, how would you explain it?

( note: if your gonna joke and take the piss, dont waste your time..ill flame back
)

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can usually sense before my cat needs to take a piss.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
I can usually sense before my cat needs to take a piss.

What part of "dont take the piss" dont you understand

I feel your cat has more intelligence then you.........

[edit on 28-8-2004 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What you are describing is called empathy or being Empathic, being able to feel others emotions.

It can be very overwhelming at first but once you learn how to control it it can be a very advantageous little talent.

There are drawbacks to it depending on how empathic you are, but my suggestion would be to try and learn as much as you can about it and how to control it, here maybe a helpful link:

groups.yahoo.com...

Good luck and take care.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
What you are describing is called empathy or being Empathic, being able to feel others emotions.

It can be very overwhelming at first but once you learn how to control it it can be a very advantageous little talent.

There are drawbacks to it depending on how empathic you are, but my suggestion would be to try and learn as much as you can about it and how to control it, here maybe a helpful link:

groups.yahoo.com...

Good luck and take care.

Spiderj

Thank you very much Spiderj

I have been reading into this over the last few days. I shall check out the link now
thank you again

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No problemo there infinite, if you have any questions please feel free to U2U me.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I know how you feel Infinite ... i work with alot of different people in a day, and sometimes it really drains you of your energy. You can almost feel a persons emotions 10 feet away, and adjust + or - to how they are feeling at that moment.But to do it over and over again is tuff. Good Post!
Parker

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I had a really empathic friend who would have to get drunk to the point where he'd pass out just to cope with the massive emotions he was feeling. During the columbia disaster he had to get drunk, he literally ripped his hair out because he couldnt stand all of the peoples pain and mourning. On 9/11 the same thing, shortly after 911, in february he hung himself on a saturday morning. He was 16 and very helpfull in getting me through some tough times i had. It was really freaky though when he would tell me if i wanted to go because he felt that i did for the past 15 minutes. Well he would be able to tell me what his mom was feeling and other family members that he lived with, although they were away at work/school and such. Yeah he was the strongest empath i ever knew...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
I had a really empathic friend who would have to get drunk to the point where he'd pass out just to cope with the massive emotions he was feeling. During the columbia disaster he had to get drunk, he literally ripped his hair out because he couldnt stand all of the peoples pain and mourning. On 9/11 the same thing, shortly after 911, in february he hung himself on a saturday morning. He was 16 and very helpfull in getting me through some tough times i had. It was really freaky though when he would tell me if i wanted to go because he felt that i did for the past 15 minutes. Well he would be able to tell me what his mom was feeling and other family members that he lived with, although they were away at work/school and such. Yeah he was the strongest empath i ever knew...

This is a sad story. i cant help but think that he may have still been alive had he gone to see a psychiatrist and got some anti-depressants

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Well, this is weird, for a long time i have noticed that i can pick up on peoples emotions without them showing them. For example, in a crowd of people, i can pick up peoples emotions etc and feel what they are feeling without even making contact with them

How do you know that you correct about the emotions they have? If you don't test to see if you're right, your idea about your gift can never be falsified.

This doesn't need a paranormal explanation. People leave clues about emotions in their posture, movement, facial expressions and tone of voice. Maybe you're just very good at interpreting those clues.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
This doesn't need a paranormal explanation. People leave clues about emotions in their posture, movement, facial expressions and tone of voice. Maybe you're just very good at interpreting those clues.

Could well be me interpreting peoples emotions, but im starting to looking into this and shall continue to understand this over time.

Odd

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't enjoy it one damned bit, but I'm empathic as well... if it starts to get to you, I recommend either Paxil (which is legal, but will get you no further than baseline) or Marijuana (which is not, unfortunately, legal, but which will allow you to better understand, hone, and cope with your abilities).

Good luck with it. If you have any questions, please feel free to U2U me.

[edit on 8/29/2004 by Odd]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
How do you know that you correct about the emotions they have? If you don't test to see if you're right, your idea about your gift can never be falsified.

Whenever im on drugs I always thought I could sense peoples emotions because for no reason at all when someone was near me my mood changed so I decided to test it out, one day i was high as a mother#er and i was in a good mood then my brother sat beside me and i started getting pissed off for no reason so i say to him "what the hells wrong with you why are you pissed off" and he replies "how the # did you know i was pissed off", first of all my brother doesnt show his emotions second of all i wasnt even looking at him

[edit on 29-8-2004 by shembo]

Odd

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Stranger things have happened to me than the involuntary reception of emotions... the other night, my roommate and I were coming home, and I turned to another door in our suite (there are four rooms per suite, and two people per room.) I waved, and said hello, even though the door was shut... I just wasn't thinking. Two seconds later, some guy opened that door and came out. I said hi to the guy before he was there... my roommate can attest to this fact.

Empathy gets irritating at times, but if you learn to control it, it can be used to great effect. Just don't do anything with it that will mess up your karma, or whatever it is you believe... any human ability, from physical strength to psychic talent, can be used for both good and evil; it is up to us to decide which we will do.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

( note: if your gonna joke and take the piss, dont waste your time..ill flame back
)

I have strange and unexplainable experience in crowd, that is very interesting: It often occurs, that individuals (mostly females) have a force to turn around to see who is behind them, as I am walking near them in a rushy crowd. I have no explanation to what the heck is that, but they definately have to feel something which makes them turn around and deeply look into my eyes. Funny, but I feel, that I was digging in their mind. The physical distance is between 2 and 6 metres...

Odd

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hate crowds. It's your prerogative as to whether or not you believe I'm empathic, but I get pretty close to wigging out when there are that many people milling around, engaging in conversations, all subconsciously worked up by the ubiquitous advertisement, entertainment, and glamor of a place like a mall or theme park. It's sort of like a psychic overload, I guess.

The funny thing is, if everyone is sitting still, or all focused on or paying attention to the same thing, even if they're jumping around (like at a concert), it doesn't bother me.

Good times, I guess.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
all i have to say is i do this all the time. brb.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Well, this is weird, for a long time i have noticed that i can pick up on peoples emotions without them showing them. For example, in a crowd of people, i can pick up peoples emotions etc and feel what they are feeling without even making contact with them weird to say the least, how would you explain it?

As one mentioned, it's called "Empathy", and is a limited form of telepathy. Many people use this to varying degrees throughout their lives, most never even realizing it. Successful salesmen, etc. are often somewhat empathic.

When it's first realized, it can be a bit overwhelming, but you can either research, or learn, blocking techniques on your own to get rid of the "background noise", and then just use it at will.

I'm a pretty weak one, but I can sense strong emotion very well.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

)

I know how you feel. I feel the same sometimes.

Hey Gazrok, do you ever get it remotely? Like when you capture strong emotions emanating from someone remotely & then get like a screen capture of them?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
is this Empathy in the telepathic sense or is it just a case of an active ability to read body language and have a mental compassion?
Some mention has been made about people who have been able to sense another persons emotion but (please understand that no offense is intended by my comments) does this mean that someone may be sensitive towards how someone may have felt? there may be a fine line between compassion and empathy but I would be interested to hear if anyone has had an experience about an emotion a second party has had before even being influenced by 2nd parties emotion without communicative intervention ie. via TV, Radio or just on the grapevine. I myself have been confused on the subject as I beleive that we all have this ability and severe emotion stress works as a key to unlocking this which is why this particular maybe sharper... kind of like when you get a gut feeling about something.

I am very sorry to hear about the sad news mentioned by members who have submitted to this thread....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join