It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s kiss of death to Holder: “Certainly I was not” aware of gunrunning.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
I have no recollection of knowing about Fast and Furious or of hearing its name prior to the public controversy about it

Alas, if only ALL of us could get away with anything we have ever done by saying those "magic words" :

I have no recollection of knowing about < fill in the transgression >.

That's just great. Holder now can't remember if he ever knew about fast and furious ...

Liar!
edit on 10/9/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Could someone please explain what Holder's, or Obama's, or whomever's motive was to allow all those guns to fall into the hands of the wrong people?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Armchair Philosopher

I've been under the suspicion that it was somehow connected to gun control laws. But after learning more with each new leak, this is simply criminal activity at the highest levels of government. Dope dealing and gun running. Same game that they were playing in the 80s. The sun's light does not shine on anything new.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
obama knew holder knew and both should be spending some quality time at a 5 star mexican prison.

think about the instability in mexico created the push for more immigrants to come here and to increase his voter base since they already trend left.

this was all according to plan the thousands of mexican deaths didnt matter until the death of a border guard then all of the sudden it matter and there they are going oh crap we just got caught lets save our own butts.

crooks,liars,instigator its treason crimes agianst humanity!!!!!!

jail time i say and prove to us that justice is blind not deaf and stupid but thats a pipe dream in a country where oj got off with murder.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm sure we will hear the usual I do not recalls as this gets bigger.Holder has been thrown to the wolves.Like another poster said expect leaks.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by jdub297
I have no recollection of knowing about Fast and Furious or of hearing its name prior to the public controversy about it

Alas, if only ALL of us could get away with anything we have ever done by saying those "magic words" :

I have no recollection of knowing about < fill in the transgression >.

That's just great. Holder now can't remember if he ever knew about fast and furious ...

Liar!
edit on 10/9/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

He can't even get the basic "plausible deniability" words right! This man is a blithering idiot.

"I have no recollection of knowing" is NOT a legitimate response.

He doesn't remember "knowing" about F&F?

He's talking about it right now; he's absorbed with its diminution in the eyes of the public. Another clear and obvious lie: Of course he remembers "knowing about" F&F!

What he would've said if he wasn't dumb as a rock was "I have no recollection" of learning about F&F; which, in reality, wouldn't bolster his image as master of his domain very much.

At this point in the game Holder should have a crystal clear picture of who said what to wheom, when they said it, how he found out and what he did in response.

Instead, we get: "Duh."

If I were his boss, I wouldn't fire him for F&F or the cover-up; I'd fire him for being stupid.

jw
edit on 10-10-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
obama knew holder knew and both should be spending some quality time at a 5 star mexican prison.

think about the instability in mexico created the push for more immigrants to come here and to increase his voter base since they already trend left.

Forget prosecuting Bush and Cheney at the World Court as some wish would happen.

We've got people in office right now - Holder and Obama - that should be answering charges.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

they already got the answer to that "well bush and cheney got off why cant they"

always an angle to be played.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armchair Philosopher
Could someone please explain what Holder's, or Obama's, or whomever's motive was to allow all those guns to fall into the hands of the wrong people?

Barack Obama campaigned on, among other things, increased gun control.
Eric Holder made a key part of his administration at Obama's Dept. of Justice the re-imposition of restrictions and a ban on the sale and possession of "assault weapons," which in the left's lexicon means a rifle capable of firing bullets from a removable "clip" or extended reservoir with each pull of the trigger; a semi-automatic rifle. They hoped to expand the restrictions from rifles to shotguns and handguns shortly thereafter.

The problem they have is that semi-automatic weapons have various legitimate uses and are valuable products. They hoped to impugn the reputations and approval of such products by putting them into the hands of people who could be certain to use them in crimes.

The Obama administration hoped that they could flood the media with stories of mayhem and tragedy tied to these products, and alter popular perception about them, to aid government interference with constitutionally-protected rights to make, sell buy and possess such products.

They fostered the sale of thousands of "assault weapons" and even military-only arms to people who they knew were buying for criminals; i.e., "straw purchasers."

No one would have noticed, except that some of the guns were used in a shootout with the Border Patrol, which resulted in the death of an American Border Patrol agent.

Since then, dozens of the guns have turned up at other crime scenes, which is what Holder and Obama wanted, but not with so many eyes on the process.

One CBS "investigative correspondent" has followed this right up to the DoJ and the White House.
You might want to follow their series on this to get a better idea of the details.

jw
edit on 10-10-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see who will roll on who first....It's the Great 2011 Holder/Obama Roll-Off HBO Super Event....

Making popcorn for everyone......

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Apparently, Obama knew about this and holder's role, in March

Now that Holder and the White House staff have tried their best to divert attention away from their roles and cover-up efforts, CNN's John King digs up an interview Barack Obama gave in March to CNN En Espanol where he discusses Fast and Furios, gun-running and Holder's investigation of the matter!

This was, of course, more than a month before Holder told Congress in May that he'd just learned about F&F "a few weeks ago."

How could he have had an on-going investigation in March, according to his boss, but just learned of the operation a few weeks before his testimony?

"John King USA"

Listen to this interview the president of the United States, not the attorney general, the president of the United States, had with CNN Espanol back in March.

BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: There have been problems, you know. I heard on the news about this story that -- Fast and Furious, where allegedly guns were being run into Mexico, and ATF knew about it, but didn't apprehend those who had sent it.

Eric Holder has -- the attorney general has been very clear that he knew nothing about this. We had assigned an I.G., inspector general, to investigate it. (END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: It begs the question, how did the president know about this in March, and how did the president know the attorney general knew nothing about this in march, when the attorney general says in May he just learned about it a couple weeks ago?

Obama Spoke About "Fast & Furious" Before Holder Claimed He Knew

Apparently, there is much more to the story about who knew what when than we've been told thus far.

jw

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

What a revealing and seething discovery !!!

This could nail the coffin(s) shut !

Could be part of the plan, maybe.
A continuation of diversions.

Like somebody said in a movie:
"either you are incredibly smart, or you are incredibly stupid"

I don't know which applies here. Maybe both !

Here are some questions that Congress should be asking:
(assuming that Federal taxpayer money was appropriated to the Justice Department for investigation, clerical, and legal expenses, etc.)

1. What was the source of the funding for F & F?
(circle the answer that best describes the situation)

a. The US Treasury
b. A private fund
c. A CIA black account

2. Did the operation make a profit?

a. Yes
b. No

3. Was a tax return prepared by the vested parties?

a. Yes
b. No

4. How many jobs were created from the operation?

_______

5. Please explain in 500 words or less how the funding was returned to the US Treasury.
Also provide (attach separately) an audit trail for all financial transactions concerning F & F.

If the money that was used has not been returned to the US Treasury, then please explain how the operation benefited the majority of United States citizens.

Mr. Holder, please raise your right hand and swear......

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

5. Please explain in 500 words or less how the funding was returned to the US Treasury.
Also provide (attach separately) an audit trail for all financial transactions concerning F & F.

If the money that was used has not been returned to the US Treasury, then please explain how the operation benefited the majority of United States citizens.

Mr. Holder, please raise your right hand and swear......

Since no US funds were used to buy rhe arms, none were spent.program originally intended, but were already set aside for co-intepro, and didn't chase the guns into Mexico/

The guns that are now showing up are the "fruit" of the program.

jw

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Since no US funds were used to buy rhe arms, none were spent.program originally intended, but were already set aside for co-intepro, and didn't chase the guns into Mexico/

The guns that are now showing up are the "fruit" of the program.

I would generally agree, but some think that is only the "surface" explanation.

Two articles, although perhaps a bit bias, have a different opinion.

The possibility of taxpayer money exists, plus maybe the added salaries of ATF agents and related expenses connected with F&F.

Have a look.

Not only did U.S. officials approve, allow and assist in the sale of more than 2,000 guns to the Sinaloa cartel -- the federal government used taxpayer money to buy semi-automatic weapons, sold them to criminals and then watched as the guns disappeared.

This disclosure, revealed in documents obtained by Fox News, could undermine the Department of Justice's previous defense that Operation Fast and Furious was a "botched" operation where agents simply "lost track" of weapons as they were transferred from one illegal buyer to another. Instead, it heightens the culpability of the federal government as Mexico, according to sources, has opened two criminal investigations into the operation that flooded their country with illegal weapons.

U.S. Government Used Taxpayer Funds to Buy, Sell Weapons During 'Fast and Furious,' Documents Show

The United States Justice Department has uncovered evidence that the Obama Administration funded the Project Gunrunner scandal (Fast and Furious project) through the Stimulus Bills. In an earlier post we noted how Federal agents pressured bonafide gun dealers in border states to allow unscrupulous gun transactions to be completed against the better judgement of the dealers, under the watchfull eye of the Federal agents.

In addition to agents turning their heads and looking the other way as Mexican Drug Cartels purchased guns in America, Stimulus money was paying for the illegal activity. Justice.org has located on page 96 of a report on this program, 2009, February, the Recovery Act signed into law, allocated $10 million to the ATF for Project Gunrunner. The launch of the Project Gunrunner scheme was announced in March of 2009 under orders from Barrack Obama, by the Deputy Attorney General, at a White House press conference.

Stimulus money paid for Project Gunrunner. Ten million dollars was allocated in the stimulus Porkulus bill to buy semi automatic rifles and revolvers and let Mexican drug lords take them across the border back to Mexico to use them on our Federal agents...

The Supplemental Appropriations act in June, 2009, allocated an additional $67 million to the ATF for Project Gunrunner which means you can trace the money directly back to Obama.

Then in August, 2010, the Emergency Border Security Supplemental Appropriations Bill of 2010 allocated $37.5 million to the ATF for Project Gunrunner – more money from Obama’s stash.

Obama Culpable to Funding Project Gunrunner?

Evidence?....Maybe....
God Help Me!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Not aware my a$$!

Its so basic, the democrats want to take our right to bear arms away. They give guns to mexican's to make it look like we are the bad guys.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I really hope there is gonna be a full And serious investigation into the F&F scandal, and everybody involved should be brought to justice.

I mean how sad is it to accuse some iranian car seller of acts of war, while bringing 2000 weapons to the cartels on taxpayers money ?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
And now there is evidence that grenades, or the parts thereof, and instruction on how to assemble those parts for a working product were also allowed to walk across the border into the hands of criminals.

Wow folks this just gets worse with time!

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Great Caesar's Ghost !!!

what's next.....RPG's, SAM's ??????

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
here is Eric's new theme song

as he goes to sleep.....

Eric asked Barack WHY ME?
and now here's what Barack says...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Great Caesar's Ghost !!!

what's next.....RPG's, SAM's ??????

Yes! See the thread about the long-running State dept. initiative that's been arming South and Central America for almost a decade.

jw

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join