It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s kiss of death to Holder: “Certainly I was not” aware of gunrunning.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Obama’s kiss of death to Holder: “Certainly I was not” aware of gunrunning

Ever notice that just before some corporate honcho gets the axe, the board of directors issues their statement expressing “the utmost confidence” in the beleaguered executive?

What must Eric Holder be thinking after Obama’s news conference discussion of “Fast & Furious?” Speaking to the WH press, Obama expressed his position:

Holder has "indicated that he was not aware of what was happening in Fast and Furious. Certainly I was not," Obama said.
"And I think both he and I would have been very unhappy if somebody had suggested that guns were allowed to pass through that could have been prevented by the United States of America," he said.

President Obama on Fast and Furious: "I certainly was not" aware of gunwalking
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Did you notice the subtle changes from Obama’s past pronouncements that neither he nor Holder had any prior knowledge of the gunrunning programs?

Now, Holder “has indicated,” while Obama “certainly … was not.”

And, Obama “would [be] very unhappy” if it turns out Holder was aware “that guns were allowed to pass through that could have been prevented.”

Followed by Holder’s feeble attempt at misdirection,

Holder also lashed out at some of the more extreme charges being leveled by Republican lawmakers, such as a statement this week by Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) that federal officials who approved the “gun-walking” technique should be charged as accessories to murder.

“Such irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric must be repudiated in the strongest possible terms,” Holder wrote. “Those who serves in the ranks of law enforcement are our nation’s heroes and deserve our nation’s thanks, not the disrespect that is being heaped on them by those who seek political advantage.”

www.politico.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.politico.com...

could this be seen as the beginning of Obama distancing himself from the ultimate target/scapegoat?

jw

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
"I'm not a crook." ~ Richard M. Nixon
"I did not have sex with that woman." ~ Wm. J. Clinton
"Certainly I was not aware." ~ B. H. Obama

Anyone seeing a pattern yet?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

But only one of the three felt the blow of his actions............

America is tooooo dumbed down.............Reality TV is a little more important...........

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If it was me, little Joe average citizen, charged with facilitating the Illegal passage of guns to Mexico, and those guns were directly linked to the murder of American citizens.....

I have no doubt that I would be charged with Something, and it might very well be 'accessory to murder'.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

"I'm not a crook." ~ Richard M. Nixon
"I did not have sex with that woman." ~ Wm. J. Clinton
"Certainly I was not aware." ~ B. H. Obama

You beat me to it, but everyone knew that old tricky Dick was a crook. His problem was that he tried to protect the Water Gate 7 and took the fall along with them. Bill's problem was he lied about it which is most likely Obama's position but no proof of that yet. At least when Nixon was around, there was still honor among thieves but now there is none. Just have to wait and see who gets thrown to the wolves.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Whether or not Obama was aware isn't the issue any more. The fact is that he is now aware and needs to take some action against those that conceived, organized and executed the program.

Those who serve in the ranks of law enforcement are not the the ones responsible. The ones at the top of the chain are the ones responsible. The responsibility now lies with Obama, Holder, et al to determine who orchestrated this debacle and take appropriate action and mete out appropriate punishments.
edit on 8-10-2011 by N3k9Ni because: edited for clarity

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
How true OP. This whole fiasco reminds me of some idea tossed out at a late night poker game, after one Makers Mark too many. It makes no viable sense at all. An idea born of arrogance. With no concrete thought of consequences.

With that thought in mind, I have no doubt, Obama knew, and helped execute this massive FAIL. His mind works that way.

Holder will be tossed under the bus. It's just a matter of timing, depending on how long it stays in people's minds, on the front page of the press. The talking heads in the media are already discussing if Holder will be tossed before the elections, or after.

Methinks Holder is the slimy type that has his own mud to sling...this should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Honestly, the 2 of them should be sharing a cell for 5-10.

This Govt has turned into a Joke.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I thought he might have gone with, "I do not recall"

lol

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Holder should have been canned after he lied about the Black Panther case. Right now, you better believe that Obama is consulting with lawyers about the ability (and willingness) of Holder to claim Executive Priviledge should he have to testify after he gets the kibosh.

This White House is corrupt and Holder knows the details. If they think that he will open up in front of Congress then he will keep his job. If he is willing to play ball, they'll let him resign.

If Holder was simply a gent who was failing at his job and lied, he would have been gone long ago. More going on here than that

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Whether or not Obama was aware isn't the issue any more. The fact is that he is now aware and needs to take some action against those that conceived, organized and executed the program.

Those who serve in the ranks of law enforcement are not the the ones responsible. The ones at the top of the chain are the ones responsible. The responsibility now lies with Obama, Holder, et al to determine who orchestrated this debacle and take appropriate action and mete out appropriate punishments.
edit on 8-10-2011 by N3k9Ni because: edited for clarity

Bingo!

Holder's response to Congress, attempted to mis-direct the focus from himself and the DoJ to field officers. He also implied that his briefings, if he'd read them were just suprficial references, absent details.

Wrong!

“I simply cannot sit idly by as … the House Committee … suggests ... that law enforcement and government employees who devote their lives to protecting our citizens be considered ‘accessories to murder,’” Holder wrote.

What Gosar was referring to is that Obama administration political appointees, not law enforcement officers, responsible for Fast and Furious would be accessories to murder.

In the letter, Holder also suggests … that the weekly briefing reports … did not contain details of how Fast and Furious allowed guns to walk into Mexico. That’s despite a detailed description at least five of those memos contain.

“This investigation, initiated in September 2009 … involved a Phoenix-based firearms trafficking ring headed by Manuel Celis-Acosta,” each of the briefings addressed to Holder state. “Celis-Acosta and straw purchasers are responsible for the purchase of 1,500 firearms that were then supplied to Mexican drug trafficking cartels.

That last sentence appears to describe how weapons were allowed to walk into Mexico.

dailycaller.com...

It looks like Holder's misdirection will result in directing everyone's attention to him and Obamqa's DoJ.
He should be ashamed for trying to make the brave and helpless officers in the field seem responsible for his failed schemes.

jw
edit on 8-10-2011 by jdub297 because: ' sp dele

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Holder will be tossed under the bus. It's just a matter of timing, depending on how long it stays in people's minds, on the front page of the press. The talking heads in the media are already discussing if Holder will be tossed before the elections, or after.

Methinks Holder is the slimy type that has his own mud to sling...this should be interesting.

One has to think that Holder and Obama have shared enough secrets that he has at least a few things under his hat that Obama does not want revealed.

Too bad that Obama is now putting distance between them.

I would not be surprised if, somehow, new memos from DoJ to the White House on the F&F details "accidentally " leaked in the coming days.

Holder is not going to go down quietly.

Didn't Nixon fire his Attorney General to try to quash the Watergate investigation?
Will Obama fire his AG to quash the Bordergate investigation?

jw

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I thought he might have gone with, "I do not recall"

lol

I guess he thought he needed to elaborate a little on your suggestion:

“Much has been made in the past few days about my congressional testimony earlier this year regarding Fast and Furious,” Holder wrote. “My testimony was truthful and accurate and I have been consistent on this point throughout. I have no recollection of knowing about Fast and Furious or of hearing its name prior to the public controversy about it.”

dailycaller.com...

s h p, at least you tried. He would've been better off keeping it short, per your suggestion.

jw

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Destinyone

One has to think that Holder and Obama have shared enough secrets that he has at least a few things under his hat that Obama does not want revealed.

Too bad that Obama is now putting distance between them.

I would not be surprised if, somehow, new memos from DoJ to the White House on the F&F details "accidentally " leaked in the coming days.

Holder is not going to go down quietly.

Didn't Nixon fire his Attorney General to try to quash the Watergate investigation?
Will Obama fire his AG to quash the Bordergate investigation?

jw

If Obama can pull his head out of channeling Reagan to gain votes long enough...he'll can Holder in a New York second. I do pray Holder is holding a whole deck of memos to leak on his way out the door.

Obama is going to stick with.."who me?"..."I knew nothing". Holder is now, instead of a strong ally to Obama, he is the poop on his shoes. To be gotten rid of ASAP, before the stink sticks.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Fall on your sword now Holder, your boss has thrown you to the wolves.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

could this be seen as the beginning of Obama distancing himself from the ultimate target/scapegoat?

jw

We can only hope. Meanwhile, there must be a paper trail somewhere, just waiting to be discovered. It would be nice if it implicated both of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Darn...

Holder should have known that in the end he'd be the one living up to his name sake...

Now who holds the bag, Mr. Holder?

And I bet you thought you and Obama were going to be homies til the end huh? Yep, you shoulda known...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The problem is that Obama is NEVER held responsible for anything wrong, but when something goes right, he gets al the praise in the world even if he wasn't responsible.. If this happened under Bush, it would be a huge scandal, but no, Holder will be tossed under the bus to keep Obama clean.
edit on 9-10-2011 by relique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by jdub297

jw

We can only hope. Meanwhile, there must be a paper trail somewhere, just waiting to be discovered. It would be nice if it implicated both of them.

CBS let Sharyl out to talk to O'Reilly, of all people. She was very circumspect in her relation of past events, but made it explicitly clear that what has been revealed is only the tip of the iceberg, that they are verifying docs that reach deeper, and that "this is going to be a very big story" when all is said and done.

CBS Reporter to O'Reilly: More to Come on 'Fast and Furious'

www.foxnews.com...

jw

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
and when Holder goes to Leavenworth....

he will be break'n boulders into little rocks.

a new product?

"Holders Boulders"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join