It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon....Who saw it last night and tonight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I know this sounds crazy. But didn't anyone notice the moon last night. Did it not look a lot lower, yesterday the moon was behind my trees, today it was way above. Also, the stars looked a lot higher. Today the Moon is higher and stars look at a lot lower. I am sober as a rock. I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I know this sounds crazy. But didn't anyone notice the moon last night. Did it not look a lot lower, yesterday the moon was behind my trees, today it was way above. Also, the stars looked a lot higher. Today the Moon is higher and stars look at a lot lower. I am sober as a rock. I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks.

I swear, the past three nights the moon that I see has had a totally different landscape... As if it is literally flipping upside-down... I don't know what this could be but I found it extremely odd...

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The sky appears to rotate as the earth rotates, plus, moon also rotates around the earth.
Depending on what times of the day or night you look at the sky, objects will appear in different positions in the sky.

You can conduct some very simple astronomical measurements of your very own by going outside and any selected time that you know the moon should be visible, take note of that time, and take note of the exact position of the moon, and then follow up by doing the exact same thing at the exact same time every day/night.

over time, you will notice that the sky does indeed seem to rotate, and things tend to create the illusion of moving around, when in fact, they're really quite predictable.

There's nothing to be alarmed about.
The sky isn't falling, or floating away, or any variation involving anything of the sort.
If a cloud falls on you, you should also be quite fine.
If the devil, ghosts, or any other sort of monster shows up on your doorstep, the problem can usually be sorted by giving away candy and wishing a happy halloween.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I know it rotates. yesterday at 12AM the moon was behind behind my trees. Knew I should of taken picture. Today it is above the trees. Also, it seemed like a crescent moon sort of, yesterday, but, maybe that's because the trees were in the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You might want to download this free program:

www.stellarium.org...

Learn how to use it, get the hang of it (the website has a tutorial I believe...I didn't read the instrucitons, jjust played around with it to learn).

Lots of cool features...my favorite is being able to put "yourself" on the other planets, and the Moon (and Mars' two moons). With the calendar function, you can go back in time to visit the Apollo landing sites, on the proper dates, and see what the sky was like, where the Earth was in the sky, etc. Didn't yet check to see haw far back in time you can go.....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

You might want to download this free program:

www.stellarium.org...

Seconded

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Moon looked okay to me last night, Although I was drinking so who knows..........

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As I sat all grumbly in traffic today with my son, around 5pm, Southern California..I glanced to the east and saw the moon. I had to stare at it a few minutes and had someone honk at me. It looked like it was turned upside down, or reversed or something!! Glad I am not the only one to notice!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The Moon sets about 50 minutes later each night.
www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
As I sat all grumbly in traffic today with my son, around 5pm, Southern California..I glanced to the east and saw the moon. I had to stare at it a few minutes and had someone honk at me. It looked like it was turned upside down, or reversed or something!! Glad I am not the only one to notice!

Glad you are not the only one who doesn't know what the moon looks like, you mean ?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I third this, or any variation of it.
Download a real-time sky view simulator or visit one online.
I like this one: www.fourmilab.ch...
Be sure to set coordinates for your personal location on the planet for proper viewing.

If something freaks you out because you don't know anything about it, you can fix that quite easily by applying yourself to learning why something does what it does, or appears the way it does.

When it comes to looking at the sky, you may also want to take into account things like atmospheric lensing where the moon and other objects may appear bigger, smaller, brighter or some other variation. Atmospheric conditions play a big part in ground viewing objects that are millions of miles or more away from you.

There are also a number of satellites, and even the space station that you can sometimes see if you take the time to watch the right parts of the sky at the right times.

Familiarize yourself with the different annual meteor showers, the difference between a meteor, meteorite, and bollide, the planets, what an iridium flare is, what constellations are, where they are the times of night they can best be seen.

Approach the unfamiliar with science and you'll be fine.

FYI:, I watch the sky every night, and I've yet to notice anything out of order in all the time I've watch the sky ever. Not once has the sky done something it shouldn't have.
Here in Houston the moon looks fine, just as it did last night and the night before and all those before it, every time I've checked and watched. The moon is beginning to settle down in the west, and should set in a few hours. Jupiter is directly over head as I type this, and Jupiter looks quite fine too.
Nothing to worry about.

edit on 8-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Not only that. Every day of this week the moon had this red outline around it. On Tuesday night when I saw it I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I then asked my girlfriend to have a look and tell if she sees anything, without me telling her about the red and she saw it straight away.

I know the atmosphere can play on ones eyes when looking up, but, that red outline is freakin' eerie.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Y'know, I felt that it was out of place? As if something was wrong with it, I just couldn't pin my finger on it!

Jamie.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. I will tell you something that should interest you and some others on here. The Earth is in a wobble or the moon's orbit is in disarray. The reason I say this is simple. "The Upside down moon"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have found more people are becoming aware of the moon and stars. I'm not sure why we are all suddenly looking to the sky, but I've found that the same sky I've looked at all my life suddenly looks different to me. I'm more curious, its almost as if we are looking for something to be wrong, but my Stellarium has assured me every night, that everything is in the right place, so maybe we are just becoming more aware of the sky.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Odd how every time the horns of the Moon point in a different direction we hear about it on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

planetariumweb.madison.k12.wi.us...
starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...
magicvalley.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thanks for posting the link for Stellaruim. I never heard of it before and when I got it downloaded I was amazed at what you can track with it. thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I imagine it may have something to do with the Magnetic field distorting from all these solar flairs. Having exactly that "Magnetic properties" and when the field streches up things look further away, kinda like looking into watter...ya'know..light is just energy particles being shot out from the sun. Our eyes do nothing more than send lightwave information to our brains so we precieve it distorted.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Thanks for the thread. I will tell you something that should interest you and some others on here. The Earth is in a wobble or the moon's orbit is in disarray. The reason I say this is simple. "The Upside down moon"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join