It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon....Who saw it last night and tonight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I tried it before, didn't like it.

You are referring to the program Stellarium?

You tried it and "didn't like it"?? Was it because it was accurate, and showed that the "feelings" about something being "wrong" with the Moon were proven to be wrong?

As will any Planetarium you visit, and if you ask the staff there. Experts, mostly....people who look at the sky, and celestial objects, for a living.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

I tried it before, didn't like it.

You are referring to the program Stellarium?

You tried it and "didn't like it"?? Was it because it was accurate, and showed that the "feelings" about something being "wrong" with the Moon were proven to be wrong?

As will any Planetarium you visit, and if you ask the staff there. Experts, mostly....people who look at the sky, and celestial objects, for a living.

No, the images just looked faked. Didn't look real to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by CherubBaby

Odd how every time the horns of the Moon point in a different direction we hear about it on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

planetariumweb.madison.k12.wi.us...
starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...
magicvalley.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Makes me realize how bad the education system has failed soo many.
I mean, COME ON!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

They don't use "photographically realistic" images, except for the "landscapes". That would tend to slow it down, processing those photo-realistic images....and, we have only a few that could be pressed into service anyhow, since we don't make many regular photo vacation trips to Mars, or Venus, or Mercury, or Deimos or Phobos.....

So what? That isn't the point, it's about the calculations of the movements of celestial objects. This is math, it is physics, it's astrophysics. The planets and moons of the Solar System move in their orbits and rotate on their axes in predictable, reliable ways. That is what Stellarium does, it calculates the mathematics to depict the positions and relative appearances of those objects, from within any of the various vantage points it offers.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I know this sounds crazy. But didn't anyone notice the moon last night. Did it not look a lot lower, yesterday the moon was behind my trees, today it was way above. Also, the stars looked a lot higher. Today the Moon is higher and stars look at a lot lower. I am sober as a rock. I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

It's funny you should say that, I was walking my dog at 3am (GMT) yesterday (friday), the skies were clear but I couldn't even see the moon, the place I was walking him was one of the highest points in the town, I can only surmise it was behind a hill or somesuch but it wasn't normal!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I have two words for you if you want to talk about my education in derogatory sense. Do you want me to say them or can we move on?

Read your links - what a load of baloney. I'll say there was a big (I mean BIG) scramble in 2002 to explain the boat, bowel, u, Cheshire, etc. moon when it first appeared in lattitudes where it had never been seen before. In the U.K. it became the Cheshire moon and in the U.S., frankly, not that many people noticed. There were news stories from the Phillipines (near the equator) to tell how normal it all was. There was a bunch of junk about the smiley face moon. All that is wonderful - what happened? Then the orbit of the moon became chaotic and that's where it is now. This wasn't seen before and a snow job on the internet doesn't make it common or referanceable. Just because we coin a name and stick stories on wiki etc. about folklore and other bunk doesn't mean anything. Read the links I gave. If you're seeing the crescent moon like a 'U' - guess what? You're On The Equator!!!. But wait - not anymore because it's been seen like this as far north as the U.K. and Washington state in the U.S.

I have to laugh my as- off at your links due to the fact they are atrtist animations and even the sites that the links take you too admit they are created by starchild graphics. I also want to add that the site pages the links represent were created and modified recently and the oldest reference is from 2002? We waited till 2002 to address this? Why is that?? What a joke..

Finally, are you dis-info artists telling me that the moon can rise in Las vegas Nv with the crescent Centered To The Right side and by the time it sets , it has rotated 90 degrees.. ???? Thats what it is doing for the past 3 days in Los Angeles and Las Vegas Nv. and furthermore, The boat moon comes several times a month here almost every other month of the year!!! I will post pics taken by my camera not animations!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
isn't the sunlight part supposed to move R to L in NH and L to R in SH?

so why does it look like the sunlight part is moving upside - to down?

it does look like 2 horns pointing up for the first time in my lookings!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So what's your theory? What's behind it and what does it all mean?

I'm hoping the word "Nibiru" doesn't appear in your reply, but still I'm genuinely curious as to your take on what could be going on.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's when it started? 2002? Are you sure?

From 1910:

There is an old superstition which dies hard, and that is that the position of the horns of the new moon tells what the weather will be. If the horns of the crescent are on the same level it will hold water, and hence it is a dry moon, but if it is tipped up then the water will run out, and it is a wet moon.

Source

A similar article from 1909:
paperspast.natlib.govt.nz...
edit on 10/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I have to say I am surprised a smart guy like you has trouble reading what I said. I didnt say that this has never happened before 2002. I said your links take us to sites that are modified and are no earlier than 2002 as far as the reference material they talk about, My quote below is clear on this..

I have to laugh my as- off at your links due to the fact they are atrtist animations and even the sites that the links take you too admit they are created by starchild graphics. I also want to add that the site pages the links represent were created and modified recently and the oldest reference is from 2002? We waited till 2002 to address this? Why is that?? What a joke..

Oldest reference meaning the oldest date listed on the sites having to do with this subject you contributed was 2002 and most were modified this year on the subject. Who said it "Get your facts straight and,,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Aren't you saying that there is something "wrong" with the Moon? There isn't. The Moon has always done this. There are old superstitions based on it.

edit on 10/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I looked at the moon Thursday night and it looked completely normal to me, didn't go out and look last night but I will tonight, I'm going to guess that it is going to look normal. Every time I see a thread about the moon on here I go out and look, and am not surprised to see, the moon is as it should be.

I'm not sure what people think is going on with the moon or the stars, but how could anything be going on with thousands of telescopes pointed skyward every night? Even if NASA wanted to hide something how could they? With so many people looking up at the sky every night, they couldn't possibly silence thousands of people all over the world.

Also I like Stellarium and I have also tried StarWalk app for the iPhone, I think it is great it will tell you exactly what you are looking at anytime you want it to.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here is another person who is freaking out with what they are seeing.. BTW isnt it strage the date of the story?
The link is below

www.muzzerino.com...

and a quote from the story.

One day, late in 2002, I arrived in Australia. I looked up into the night sky one clear Sydney evening and saw it. "Holy crap, the moon is upside doon!" (thats Scottish for "Down")

So it seems many people like myself are suffering from mass delusions? Or maybe I was asleep for 45 years and never looked at the sky? Hardly.. !!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

first time looking around, eh?

lol. pretty cool, huh?

d.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Phage

Here is another person who is freaking out with what they are seeing.. BTW isnt it strage the date of the story?
The link is below

www.muzzerino.com...

and a quote from the story.

One day, late in 2002, I arrived in Australia. I looked up into the night sky one clear Sydney evening and saw it. "Holy crap, the moon is upside doon!" (thats Scottish for "Down")

So it seems many people like myself are suffering from mass delusions? Or maybe I was asleep for 45 years and never looked at the sky? Hardly.. !!!

He moved from Scotland to Australia, and the Moon was upside down? Oh dear, this isn't going to end well.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I moved from South Africa to Norway, and guess what???? The moon looks different, and I see different constellations in the sky. OMG, I don't even see Centaurus or Crux anymore, instead I see Draco and Ursa Major, and for me, Orion is upside down.... (well, damn, it has always been upside down according to the books printed for the northern hemisphere I read), so I guess it is now rightside up, lol.... Does it mean that the earth has flipped on its axis, on it's orbit or something??? No, it just means I changed my location. Down there I could always pinpoint where South is by looking at the stars, Now I can't even say where North is by looking at stars ....
edit on 8/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That's funny because, last night while I was out with my mom, she commented about the same thing. She said how the moon looked farther away than normal. To me it just looked like the haze from the day was making it appear to be at a farther distance than normal.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Or maybe I was asleep for 45 years and never looked at the sky? Hardly.. !!!
Only some months ago did I noticed (thanks to another thread like this one) that Moon has an apparent rotation movement while it moves across the sky. It doesn't mean that I have been asleep for 48 years or never looked at the sky, I have several photos of the Moon taken by me before, it's just that I looked at the Moon not expecting to see it any different, so I didn't notice the difference in the way it looks when rises in the east to when it sets in the west.

This photo was taken some minutes ago, with the Moon near the highest point in its path across the sky.

PS: just because things look different then we expect it doesn't mean we should act like the "sprinkler lady".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Or maybe I was asleep for 45 years and never looked at the sky? Hardly.. !!!
Only some months ago did I noticed (thanks to another thread like this one) that Moon has an apparent rotation movement while it moves across the sky. It doesn't mean that I have been asleep for 48 years or never looked at the sky, I have several photos of the Moon taken by me before, it's just that I looked at the Moon not expecting to see it any different, so I didn't notice the difference in the way it looks when rises in the east to when it sets in the west.

This photo was taken some minutes ago, with the Moon near the highest point in its path across the sky.

PS: just because things look different then we expect it doesn't mean we should act like the "sprinkler lady".

O.O .... your moon looks different to my moon!!!!! There must be something afoot, rofl

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I know this sounds crazy. But didn't anyone notice the moon last night. Did it not look a lot lower, yesterday the moon was behind my trees, today it was way above. Also, the stars looked a lot higher. Today the Moon is higher and stars look at a lot lower. I am sober as a rock. I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

This is because it do change altitude day by day and even rises and sets at different times. This is and was always the case.
It also changes depending on season.

But the stars on the other hand did not change positions, unless you observed it at a different time of day/night.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join