It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99%? Who wants to be a part of the 100%?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Divisiveness.
Over and over again I see us vs. them. Rich vs. poor. Haves vs. Have Nots. The only difference is 99% of that 1% is that they worked hard. They EARNED it.
And the "99" want to take that away?

We need to be 100%. Because even at 99, there is divisiveness, there is a separation. There is a gap.

Americans need to be 100%.

Unless you support separation and divisiveness. Then go about your "99" and see how that goes.

We need to stand together.

Would you drive over a bridge that was 99% done?
Would you eat prepared blow fish that was 99% done?
Would you get eye surgery from a doc that had a 99% success rate?
Would you trust your kid to a sitter that was only 99% safe?

Mods, feel free to throw this puppy in the rants if needed.
Beez
Oh come on Beezer. Just felt liking pulling something out your arse eh? lol Yeah, guess what... you just made an us vs them thread! lol I guess you ARE part of the 99.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty confident in saying that those 1% have what they have because of monopolization, entitlement, and inheritance...destroyers of the free-market system. I'm calling b.s. on your claim.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by beezzer

‎...What about the 53% of this country who don't have the time to sit and protest in various cities because their parents aren't paying their rent? What about the 53% of people in this country who work hard, and pay taxes, and aren't asking for a government handout(pay for my school, pay for my healthcare, pay for my living arrangements...etc). You call yourself the 99% but you don't speak for me. Talking about how evil capitalism is when you're doing so on your Apple computers and iPods, and sipping your damned latte from Starbucks. The "99%" can go screw themselves.

Why do you cons keep confusing capitalism and corporatism?

In the end you stand with the corporations, sure enough you guard the Federal reserve with that act.

The Corporatist, fake ass libertarians, can feel free to put the chains on their own wrists.

Protect Wall Street, attack the little guy just like the TV told you to do.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SeleneLux

yeah dude take it up with the civilian who start wars not the them

had enough of the "angry liberal in the thread" for now

feel free to denigrate anyone who disagrees with you

dont count on people standing bye and let you get away with it.

carry on

You and your friends lie and make stuff up.

You then scare the hell out of each other

Then you are used liked pawns because you are scared.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

yeah well your half right seems to me the ones who go around to every thread calling other people liars

are the ones who are scared thats all you got waste someone elses time

cya later buh bye
edit on 8-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Touché! What you say is very true. I don't think it is so much as the 99% not wanting anything to do with the 1%. I'm thinking the 1% not wanting anything to do with the 99%. I like how you broke that down though

Thank you.
Ask yourself why there is so much division, when there should be unity.

Who's preaching division?
YOU are! lol You are preaching unity with the 1%, BUT divisiveness with the 99%. lol All you've done is flip it around.

So, are you trying to tell us here that you would rather be a citizen of the corporate states? For the corporation, by the corporation and of the corporation? That's what they want. lol So, you stand with them then?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Originally posted by KaginD
Touché! What you say is very true. I don't think it is so much as the 99% not wanting anything to do with the 1%. I'm thinking the 1% not wanting anything to do with the 99%. I like how you broke that down though

Thank you.
Ask yourself why there is so much division, when there should be unity.

Who's preaching division?
YOU are! lol You are preaching unity with the 1%, BUT divisiveness with the 99%. lol All you've done is flip it around.

So, are you trying to tell us here that you would rather be a citizen of the corporate states? For the corporation, by the corporation and of the corporation? That's what they want. lol So, you stand with them then?

Thats how I see it too...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

yeah well your half right seems to me the ones who go around to every thread calling other people liars

are the ones who are scared thats all you got waste someone elses time

cya later buh bye
edit on 8-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Well just stop lying then Neo,

it's pretty simple

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You've got some brown all over your face, Beezzer.

Are YOU part of the 1%? If not, why? Are you just a lazy sack of crap? Did you do something to utterly screw up your life? Do you have some tragic genetic condition that prevents you from ever achieving equal footing with hte greatest men on earth?

My wager is no, on all counts. I'm guessing that, despite your apparent inability to apply critical thinking especially well, you're not any different from the rest of us who bust ass to work and earn and build, and never quite "make it." Like the rest of us, you see the government "by the people, for the people" completely pass you by, despite your many efforts to participate an be heard. You realize that our "participatory democracy" is largely reserved for that wealthiest 1% - perhaps this is why you admire them so.

But no, you're not lazy, you're not stupid, you're not defective, and odds are you have not gone through life trashing your own chances at doing well. You have imperfections, of course, but we all do, it's part of the human condition.

So now, ask yourself, why aren't you part of that 1%? Why is there so much frustration in your life? Why are the many hundreds of people who you interact with weekly also frustrated in the same ways? Surely they can't all be bums and degenerates, just as you aren't. So reform the question. it's no longer "why aren't I fabulously wealthy" but rather, "why are people who are intelligent and work hard still poor?"

And then ask yourself another question. Why should the fabulously wealthy be more entitled to political representation than the poorest of the poor?

I feel sorry for you, Beezer. it's like you're looking out the window at the concept of social justice, but the room you're in doesn't have a door.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Part of what pisses me off so much is that they denigrate the very system that allows them the liberty to spew their idiocy.

Screw capitalism they say? Damn the corporate machine? Does that include Twitter and Facebook and Above Network LLC? Does that include Apple Computers, and the "Green" industry that can't survive without government handouts? Does that include the various coffeehouses they spend money at, and vandalize in the same visit?

I think the 99% are all but one percent of the total population of stupid in this country.
They are denigrating predatory banking and business practices, and the influence they have over our politicians and our country's financial health, NEITHER of which ALLOWS them their liberties,,, that would be The Constitution of the United States. Idiot much? lmao

Stupid is the person that thinks corporations and banks have anyone's interest in mind but their own.

Oh beezer, you can bet those corporations can live without you btw. lol

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
yeah the desperation is pretty thick in this thread rampant personal attacks,marginalization of a poster simply because they dont agree seriously

totally 100% pathetic anything to justify their own beliefs classic liberal playbook oh now where have i heard that ?

oh yeah saul alinsky.

meh two thumbs down on my get a clue meter

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

‎...What about the 53% of this country who don't have the time to sit and protest in various cities because their parents aren't paying their rent? What about the 53% of people in this country who work hard, and pay taxes, and aren't asking for a government handout(pay for my school, pay for my healthcare, pay for my living arrangements...etc). You call yourself the 99% but you don't speak for me. Talking about how evil capitalism is when you're doing so on your Apple computers and iPods, and sipping your damned latte from Starbucks. The "99%" can go screw themselves.

Keep patting yourself on the back, cushy within a system that just more or less just keeps you comfortable enough not to revolt. If you love working for the system and don't see anything deeply wrong with the whole thing, then news flash: THIS MOVEMENT IS NOT FOR YOU. Don't pretend you speak for everybody who works/pays bills because EVERYBODY HAS TO DO THAT. Don't sit there and pretend the movement is full of the unemployed, because it SPANS THE RANGE of people disillusioned with the government/economic system. Oh and so the protesters utilize some of the products of Capitalism... therefore, their concerns about the system and/or of Capitalism are false/irrelevant?? Wrong. You don't have to be the exemplar of an alternative lifestyle to criticize the system you're a part of. And have you ever considered that if people who lived COMPLETELY without Capitalism (which is virtually impossible considering its stranglehold on ever corner of the planet) started protesting, wouldn't someone like you just write them off anyway, calling them hippies or all other manner of thick-headed gung-ho propaganda? Yeah, somethin tells me you would. Your "53%" of the still-asleep need to WAKE UP.

Your kind of smug worker-bee pride is mind-numbing and laughable to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Part of what pisses me off so much is that they denigrate the very system that allows them the liberty to spew their idiocy.

Screw capitalism they say? Damn the corporate machine? Does that include Twitter and Facebook and Above Network LLC? Does that include Apple Computers, and the "Green" industry that can't survive without government handouts? Does that include the various coffeehouses they spend money at, and vandalize in the same visit?

I think the 99% are all but one percent of the total population of stupid in this country.

You really don't get it, do you?

The system that "ALLOWS" them to "spew their idiocy"?? GTFO.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
reply to post by beezzer

This is what I don't understand about the protests. I have an idea,I market it,it's a sucess,I'm evil
. If said company is able to employ lots of people, even better. Oops I mean more evil.

So simple-minded... and absent-minded of the kind of insanity that ACTUALLY goes into making our economic machine function.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

You have to understand where beezer is coming from.

He "admires" the wealthy. I put it in quotations 'cause that's his own word, the reality is much closer to "reveres." His belief is that it isn't the corrupting influence of money in our political system that is the problem, but rather the fact that there are politicians who are corrupted by it. He regards the concept of reforming the system to be dangerous and communist, instead insisting we need only find 435 State Representatives and 100 Senators who are avatars of whatever divine beings prevent corruption, then elect them, and until we find these creatures of myth, the corruption needs to run rampant, because that's "freedom."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The only problem is..

while we are busting our asses and providing them with the luxuries, at our expense, they are the true parasites of the society.
It has nothing to do with just "they have more than us and we are jealous"..there is quite a chasm between just being well-off or rich..and then BEYOND-MEGA rich.
My husband is from a developing country. There is a saying there, that translates as "No one ever got rich without walking on the backs of many.." and I believe that is so. Successful does not translate to rich. I would never begrudge anyone their successes, that are truly earned.
But when I see this tiny percentage of Americans with such a huge concentration of wealth, that does not represent their contributions to society, that is what makes my blood boil. Especially when I see my fellow neighbors struggling and falling down and losing everything to a gigantic set of pyramid schemes.
And the worst is, these mega-rich people..once they get money, they just keep wanting MORE and MORE and MORE. Nothing satiates their thirst for wealth. It is truly hideous.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JMech

The problem is, as before, companies make decisions based on profit-growth, not production growth.

Gaining market share has become less about creating a superior choice in the equal marketplace, and more about finding ways to game the marketplace in order to eliminate competitors.

Free market is a wonderful idea, but it is not perfect in its current form. There are people in this world who have most definitely cheated.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Perhaps if we frame it this way, the point can be made clearer:

It goes without saying that the powers in control have engaged in various forms of social engineering. The result has been to create the corrupt society in which we now live.

Let's liken those engineers to, say contractors. They had a design, they implemented it, and it has produced said result.

I think that we can agree that most of us here are not satisfied with the result of that work.

I do not advocate tearing down the entire structure of our government, but I think it is clear that it is in definite need of a major overhaul.

In order to do that, changes must be engineered to produce a desired result. The question that we should be asking ourselves is what is the desired result that we, the people, would like to see, and then reverse engineer the solutions that we will need to get ourselves there.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I hope that you'll take the time to look at my posts. I try to refrain from personal attacks when at all possible, and I think that we might be able to return a level of civility to this discussion if we try.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just read through this entire thread, from start to finish...

What a frickin waste of bandwidth if you ask me, a bunch of know nothings bickering back and forth...at least I know that I know nothing...all I have is my experience.

I should probably STFU and go to bed, I know...and I'm a hypocrite for saying what I am about to say...but we Americans in particular have a habit of having a baseless OPINION and NEVER shutting up about it. And this is all I find wrong with the OCCUPY movement; without a leadership, with a frickin GOAL, it is just a bunch of people with an opinion. I'm sorry, but that is going NOWHERE. The best possible outcome is something akin to a giant MOSH PIT.

Am I a corporate shill or something? F no. I'm with the people, all the people that worked their asses off all there lives to stay on the treadmill that goes nowhere. I worked all of my life, my first job was newpaper delivery at age 11 and I worked all through high school. I was making over a 100K until four years ago, my LIVELIHOOD was stolen from me BY THE SO-CALLED 1%---STOLEN. Why? Because a 14 million dollar a year salary wasn't enough for the CEO? So, first they took our benefits, because 10 mil wasn't enough. I'm a skilled tradesman for a craft that American labor is NO LONGER NEEDED for...so I could not find a job. When the BANKERS went tits up, THEY HAD THEIR HANDS OUT...when I went to the unemployment line, my FELLOW Americans called me names.

I served in the Army, four years, and I aint no HERO, and wouldn't dare feel good being called one. Anyone that spends four years in the military and hasn't figured out the real deal is so far gone in DELUSION I wouldn't even attempt to have a conversation with them about politics...if you think what this country is doing all over the world with big guns pointed at their heads is RIGHT...then you are part of the 1%

YA, I know, we humans have to protect our egos from the truth sometimes, so lie to yourself however you want to pretend what we are doing at war for 10 years now has an altruistic motive behind it...it's BS.

Until the OWS has a leaders or leaders with a well defined GOAL, with a PURPOSE, or a CAUSE...sorry, it's just a mosh pit, and I am too OLD to get into one of those.

There is NO MOVEMENT, NO PROTEST to FIX this mess...it's going to take a power beyond human, because if you go through history, NOTHING MAN HAS EVER CREATED has EVER WORKED FOR LONG...

edit on 8-10-2011 by odd1out because: spelling etc

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join