It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99%? Who wants to be a part of the 100%?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Divisiveness.
Over and over again I see us vs. them. Rich vs. poor. Haves vs. Have Nots. The only difference is 99% of that 1% is that they worked hard. They EARNED it.
And the "99" want to take that away?

We need to be 100%. Because even at 99, there is divisiveness, there is a separation. There is a gap.

Americans need to be 100%.

Unless you support separation and divisiveness. Then go about your "99" and see how that goes.

We need to stand together.

Would you drive over a bridge that was 99% done?
Would you eat prepared blow fish that was 99% done?
Would you get eye surgery from a doc that had a 99% success rate?
Would you trust your kid to a sitter that was only 99% safe?

Mods, feel free to throw this puppy in the rants if needed.
Beez

You dont know what your talking about, get off your ass and go Occupy something,
or cash out some money at the bank and donate it to OWS

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

edit on 8/10/11 by blarged because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have a question for the OP. You say the bankers have earned their wealth and that they deserve it. I also agree that the majority of hardworkers/innovators and inventors deserve the riches they obtain. Your talking about unity and eliminating the line between the 99% and the 1%. This also i would love to see

However lets stop pretending that bankers arent greedy and the 99% are envious and want a cut. That is so far from the truth of the reason for these protests. You want to know the painful truth that you've somehow missed.

Tell me what you think about these topics, whos to blame? And try to explain why this affected the
willing 99%:

The subprime mortgage crisis
Goldman Sachs and the selling of (3 billion dollars worth) low value CDOs, lying to investors and telling them they were high quality investment opportunities. They were assisted in these lies by dodgy credit ratings. Is that still part of the hard work you were talking about in the OP?

The $700 billion dollar bailout
The CDO market crashes and the big banks cant pay their hundreds of billions dodgy loans dollars. Mr Ben Federal Reserve Bernanke wants 700 billion dollars to bail out all his banking buddies. Recession hits and unemployment raises to a record (since 1983) high over 10% All the top executives walk away with their extreme wealth preserved. They hand picked board of directors to give them billions of bonuses while the 99% suffer foreclosures and job loss. Now that all the smaller banks are all being swallowed up by the 4 major banks they are becoming increasingly more powerful than ever before.

But this is okay? You call this hard work? They earned this money fairly did they? I eagerly await your reply

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blarged

Amen. I want the top dogs to follow the Constitution not use their wealth to place themselves above it. I want to see these welfare banks put out of business per the free market principles they pretend to believe in. Given a choice, I would prefer my tax dollars be given to people not Corporations but I know if Jobs were availible that provided a living wage the vast majority of our citizens would take them. NAFTA, CAFTA, and all the other legislation that is designed to exploit the Working Class needs to be recinded and imigration laws need to be enforced. Its not going to happen because Sociopaths get a kick out of causing this kind of suffering and Sociopaths are what exist at the top levels of our business and political fields. They exist there because people like the OP embrace morally bankrupt ideas so long as they get a piece of the swag.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thats your view of it but do you really protect the Country? You swore an oath to defend the Constitution and yet among many things, there are at least three "undeclared" wars going on which are blatantly un-Constitutional. You receive a paycheck from the very people that upsurp the document you swore to defend and you do nothing but come on here and lecture others. I'm betting you've never read the Constitution and probably haven't really considered your oath because if you had, you wouldn't be on here trying to convince the rest of us that "Up" is "Down" and "Left" is "Right".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They earned it through irresponsible business practices. Al Capone worked hard for his money too. Doesn't justify his methods. When you hold the fate of the nation in your hands, as many institutions do, you need to recognize a level of responsibility. Adam Smith didn't see this as opposed to capitalism, and neither should we. I don't begrudge success, just the tools they used to earn it. Let's face it, most of us could make a mint by disregarding laws if we were so inclined, but society has built in systems for dealing with this. Why don't we kick the same level of accountability upstairs. Would that be so bad, to be equal?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This whole #ing movement has already been derailed.

I was there the second week after it started and let me tell you, there was no preaching or talk about "gimme gimme".

It was about the corruption that runs rampant through the system...it was about how this pyramid scheme of a society we live in is what holding us back as human beings, it was about getting out and trying to make something happen...

Now...its a #ing mess...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dron020
Fact is is that the Middle class has been losing representation in Washington and most of todays policies do not benefit the middle class. All this country has been doing the past few years is going to wars and so on.

Agreed. But why then, are they protestingbankers instead of politicians?

If a dog uses your yard as a toilet, do you talk to the dog, or the dogs owner about it?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with making a profit the problem is patients and copy rights. they have gotten ridicules on what is copy righted. Now think about it how do patients and copy rights help society? they jack up prices and make the owner rich. If a company invents something and another company makes it to it helps everyone, especially if they make it cheaper.

Now lets consider software, music and movies..
People need to make money right?
no
imo actors don't deserve more money than police officers, in fact they deserve a lot less.
removing patients and copy rights will help more fairly distribute wealth to those who deserve it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

Originally posted by projectvxn

Wall St. isn't the problem. The fact that our government doesn't enforce contracts, individual and civil rights, and micromanages the economy IS.

Yes the government is controlled by the big money and is a problem.

It is the banks that have placed the WORLD into a very bad spot. Wall street IS a problem. You think criminal activity whether legal by a crooked government is not a problem? They contribute nothing but hard times for everyone but them. They drive the market up and make money then drive it back down and make money.

Where does that money come from? The working class. Real business men that are not crooks. You and the soul you gave up to fight for them in there greed wars.

You can still come to the side of mankind. Become a human again.
edit on 7-10-2011 by SeleneLux because: (no reason given)

yep, sure can see why you claim to be a "dirt poor" businessperson ...

Wall street IS a problem. --snip-- They drive the market up and make money then drive it back down and make money.

no dear. WS speculates ... do you know what that word means?
the Federal Reserve (Private entity - not a govt one) does the above ... "drive the market and make money [which btw is the duty of Congress via the Constitution] then drive it back down and make money"

The Fed initiates, manipulates, infiltrates, accentuates, frustrates and then depletes the market at EVERY level. IF you want to know the truth, start there.
the FR "creates" the illusion that WS sells, it is that simple.
No FR, surprise, WS will respond naturally.

The FR isn't a government operation. it is not of the people, for the people or even by the people.
It is the biggest problem of all.
It is a conglomerate of sinister malfunction.
No Fed, No more illusion.

don't be mistaken, i am not defending the system but i am not supporting the direction or leadership of this protest either.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Some food for thought ,so you start your own buissness, you are not a slave to no one, but your bussiness is growing and you need help. So you hire some people(now they are slaves to you) to help you, they agree to your terms of wages. You are making money hand over fist. You should give all yor profit to your employees,is kind what im getting out of a lot of what I read. Did you steal that money from your employees? Did you steal that money from your customer? So some group comes along and says you have to much we need to take it. Is that stealing?Do people steal from you? Or do you let them steal from you? Your talking about wall street. Ok so who on wall street took your money? Do they have a name? You do know these buissness have regular folks the work for them are they they stealing from you? Im rambeling now. It comes down to this being a hypocritical visious cycle.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

War is what the rich talk the poor into doing for profit

soooo, IF you actually believe this, why support the backers / leaders / organizers of the protesters?

agreeing with the complaints is easy, most do ... however, there is much more involved in resolution than an uprising and those designing this so called resolution do NOT have your interests at heart.

If you've checked out AdBusters, do tell, which part of "consumerist" aren't you?
you have to buy stock for that business, you're a consumer.
you have to pay for the location of that business, you're a consumer.
don't think for one minute that they have YOUR interests (let alone best interests) in mind.

they certainly have your interests in their "sights" but i sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes the day they decide we are all acceptable targets. carry on.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Remind me not to stop at her coffee shop on my way to my petty job. What a hypocrite. She wants to rant about all the injustice of the "rich" while she talks down to us with our "jobs" LOL our little jobs...she is an "owner!"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
I'm pretty confident in saying that those 1% have what they have because of monopolization, entitlement, and inheritance...destroyers of the free-market system. I'm calling b.s. on your claim.

pretty sure both Steve Jobs and Gates would disagree wholeheartedly.
then again, Ben Franklin, A Hamilton, A Lincoln, U Grant and Obama enjoyed similar "poor" origins ... what monopoly, entitlement or inheritance made them different ??
(well, excluding Obama cause no one seems to know for sure)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I mange a coffee shop and it is funny how many times I get vandalized by customers.

They usually just do terrible things to my bathrooms and sometimes some graffiti on a table or wall.

They THINK they are striking out against the "Man" or "Corporate America" but the man and corporate america isn't working at my store, I am and my employees. We all live locally, we don't get shipped in from corporate every morning. We are just normal people serving coffee and trying to have a good day doing it.

Crapping on my bathroom floor or breaking my soap dispenser doesn't stick it to "The Man", it sticks it to me, the local business operator.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by odd1out

In other words, you have no freaking idea what on earth you are talking about, since you've been brainwashed into believing a movement is not a movement unless it's being masterminded by one guy with a powerpoint presentation.

Maybe you should study history.

Oh, I have studied history...I fail to see where HISTORY has any relevance on the present as outcomes aren't really pre-determined by history are they? Why do people act like history is LIKE SOME UNIVERSAL LAW...oh wait it is...SEE BELOW.

Really, I have no idea what I'm talking about? Nobody said anything about a movement needing to be "masterminded by one guy", I said it needed a leader or leaders and a GOAL, without that it will accomplish NOTHING. And before long, a leader or leaders will infiltrate the group...then the agenda will become theirs, which is what we are already seeing. This is nothing more than a social experiment, and I GUARANTEE that when it becomes large enough, the MSM will finally clearly spell out and define the goals of the movement for them. Will they be mine, will the goals of the OWS movement match yours...let's see.

I call an ever-growing wave without direction a Tsunami. It's dangerous and serves no purpose other than to destroy.

The only I result can find in my study of HISTORY, is an ever-growing list of FAILURES: of governments, of movements, of rebellions, etc. These things, as marshaled by the HUMAN WILL, are ALWAYS DOOMED TO FAIL...and for the same reasons every time. Sure, for brief periods something may have had some success but the end result???

You show me in history where a wave of people without direction managed to do anything but riot in the end.

edit on 8-10-2011 by odd1out because: clarity, clara...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jugtalicus
This whole #ing movement has already been derailed.

I was there the second week after it started and let me tell you, there was no preaching or talk about "gimme gimme".

It was about the corruption that runs rampant through the system...it was about how this pyramid scheme of a society we live in is what holding us back as human beings, it was about getting out and trying to make something happen...

Now...its a #ing mess...

Thank you, this proves my point.
This proves I have a second line...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Something i have noticed more and more lately is that my employer tries more and more to make me work when i am of duty. If i tell them that i am not available they demand a reason to why i am not available. Like they have a right to evaluate and make judgment on what i do in my time of.

It is usually HR "human resources" that call and demand all these thing from me, when they have no right to. Its not my job to tell these people what their rights are and what my rights are. These people have also told me that if i dont comply to their demand i will loose my job. But they never mean what they say, but they use threats like this to force me to comply with their demands.

The attitude of the 1% is that they think they have ownership over their employees.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
You are absolutely wrong.

The 1% didn't earn anything but our hatred.

They profit off the blood and sweat of the people, and we the people will have our day.

We're drawing lines in the sand and it's clear which side you're on.

Enjoy the 1%, I'm sure that your masters will be happy to look after your every need.

I am part of the 1%. Because "they" need me. We are linked. "They" can't survive without me, I can't survive without them.
Hate them because they have more than you.

I will not hate them. Im just want to stop being a slave because of their crapy economic system they have created. The 1% have not all created their wealth and they are manupilating the whole world for there own benifit. Im thru with them stealing my time paying me less of what im supposed to get and destroying the whole world in their thirst fro greed. If i can not have my dreamlife and is working my ass of then they don't deserve their dreams. Either everybody get what is fair in this world and can live a happy life or we will have the apocalypse. The line is drawn and change is on it's way. Earth demands justice. You might not belive it but I don't care at all about money anymore. The system is about to chrash and another system will be built up that is resonable for all and for the nature.

Very telling.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I guess my family was dysfunctional. My parents raised me to be self-sufficient, to be generous to my friends, take responsibility for my own actions, and be a person that people could rely on. I don't feel anyone owes me anything. Of course, I'm not in debt because I'm also fiscally responsible and don't borrow money that I know I'll never be able (or have any intention) to pay back.

I guess I need to reevaluate my priorities to be more greedy and irresponsible? I'm really confused.

/TOA

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join