It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
reply to post by gentledissident

That's why nothing ever changes or improves in the is country. That's why someone like Barack Obama, and most of those who preceded him, can tell the citizenry during an election campaign what he believes the citizensneed to be told in order to win their vote and then, once in office, perform as though those promises never passed his lips.

I couldn't have said it better myself as this is exactly what Obama did. Made a zillion promises...not one of which he intended to keep. Boy did I make a mistake by voting for him
Get this...I actually believed him! I have learned so much since Bush and Obama have been in office and it just sickens me

I'll tell you what though...although I disagreed with just about everything Bush did while in office....I'm no longer a part of any Party in this country...zero, nada, zilch, 0. It's pointless to vote and has been so for decades now. Until they get rid of the electoral votes, we'll never get who "we think" suits us best in the white house, congress or the senate. Again, this is my opinion.

edit on 10/8/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

So now it is illegal to even TALK about getting medications in Mexico or Canada. What about going across the border to a dentist because it is 1/10th the cost of here?

And therein lies the essence and meat and potatoes of this 'bill'.

You guys need to realise that your so called representatives are hopelessly in the pockets of Big Pharma, and only loyal to the one's paying the big bribes.

I ask you, who is going to lose if you talk about generic medications and drugs which can be bought over the counter elsewhere in the world at 5% of the cost of the USA Big phama equivalent...the same big pharma who is buying your representatives up like it's going out of fashion, that's who.

This is a truely disgusting, not only because of the freedom and basic rights to speech issues, but because they don't even seem to care that it's so screamingly obvious why they're doing it and who's backsides they are protecting. And let me tell ya it ain't yours!

It's gotten to the point now where they are more or less saying 'cos we said so, now shut your face and do as you're commanded'..for the people by the people eh? Old George Washington would be turning in his grave.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

A lot of these laws are to arrest people they don't like. You probably won't get harmed by it, but yea you would be breaking the law...in mexico...in america?

Stupid law, stupid idea. They'll have their reward soon enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by amatrine

So now it is illegal to even TALK about getting medications in Mexico or Canada. What about going across the border to a dentist because it is 1/10th the cost of here?

And therein lies the essence and meat and potatoes of this 'bill'.

You guys need to realise that your so called representatives are hopelessly in the pockets of Big Pharma, and only loyal to the one's paying the big bribes.

I ask you, who is going to lose if you talk about generic medications and drugs which can be bought over the counter elsewhere in the world at 5% of the cost of the USA Big phama equivalent...the same big pharma who is buying your representatives up like it's going out of fashion, that's who.

This is a truely disgusting, not only because of the freedom and basic rights to speech issues, but because they don't even seem to care that it's so screamingly obvious why they're doing it and who's backsides they are protecting. And let me tell ya it ain't yours!

It's gotten to the point now where they are more or less saying 'cos we said so, now shut your face and do as you're commanded'..for the people by the people eh? Old George Washington would be turning in his grave.

I totally agree with you and well stated

Here's an example for you:

1. I can get cheaper life saving "Tacos" from Mexico
2. The "Tacos" I get from Mexico are made by a huge "Restaurant" in the USA
3. I need to eat these life saving "Mexican USA made Tacos" or else I'll end up on a gurney somewhere
4. The USA refuses to allow me to eat these "Mexican Tacos" even though they keep me alive...they/FTA (Federal Taco Authorities) say that their USA made "Tacos" are illegal in the USA

So, with that all said why the heck would the US make these "Tacos" only to have them sold in other countries and saving the lives of people all over the world, just not "US Citizens" while making them illegal in the US?

Here's why:

1. I mentioned in another post in this thread about a USA founded institution called The Gerson Clinic/Insitution in Mexico (forced to move there because the USA made their 100 year old medical practices illegal in the US), who has saved more lives from the harms of cancer by natural therapies. These types of places/institutions/clinics take money out of Big Pharm and I mean BIG chunks of money!

2. The US kills most people by injecting them with chemotherapy and radiation not really saving anyone..they just make you more sick. So sick, that now you have to take something else to fight the effects of what made you sick to begin with. They certainly know how to keep the "Dinero/Money" rolling in. I can just hear them in the Big Pharm lab now.."Mr. Smith, any idea when that drug...you know the one that prolongs life until we cut if off, will be ready"?

3. As long as the Big Pharms/FDA makes sure we continue to get cancer, disease and viruses from all the nasties in our air, food and water they keep making billions upon billions of dollars.

So, why would the rich bastards allow these "Life Saving Tacos" to be sold here in the US?

Exactly

ETA
I really do have to get my life saving "TACOS" from Mexico too. But, I better be careful talking about this especially since this just popped up on ATS:

Pre-Crime Detection

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We here in Canada have a law that tells wanna-be child abusers that if they go to a third world country and involve themselves in under age sex, they will be arrested when they get back to Canada. Most people would agree with this sort of law.

I think the Americans are trying to do the same thing with recreational and prescription drugs aren't they, but this isn't a universally abhorred thing. There are lots of ifs, and and buts, not to mention vastly differing laws around the world on the subject.

To try and have such a long reach of your law is quintessentially a nanny state tactic set up to ensure the profits of the American drug industry and nothing else. Expect no cooperation from citizens here in Canada, or Mexico. I wish I could say the same for my government, but unfortunately they are nearly as beholden to American companies as your government is.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So no more trips to the Amazon to get your Ayahuasca wake up call then?!

Anyone thinks this ties in with the recent killing off of Peruvian Shaman?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is just one more thing they can use against you if and when they are ready to "eliminate" your involvement in whatever it is they find not to their liking. Its not that you will be arrested every time you partake of something legal elsewhere but illegal at home. It will serve to be the thing they can use against you if there is nothing else available to them.

Peacefully attend an anti-establishment rally but break no laws. Oh, wait a minute, what about that trip to Mexico? .... aha! Arrest her!.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
This is just one more thing they can use against you if and when they are ready to "eliminate" your involvement in whatever it is they find not to their liking. It will serve to be the thing they can use against you if there is nothing else available to them.

I believe that to be the primary reason for this, that and for revenue enhancement if they find their coffers running low. They need some sort of catch-all for travellers.

How can you claim to live in a free country if there is not some kind of law to arrest and detain someone that could disturb you? I had a cop promise me during a traffic stop there was always something he could find to detain me for if he cared to. That was years many ago so I figure his job is much easier by now.

edit on 9-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

So no more trips to the Amazon to get your Ayahuasca wake up call then?!

Anyone thinks this ties in with the recent killing off of Peruvian Shaman?

What's this? Please tell more so I can read about it. Thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There was a name that was stuck and finally came back to me. Lets not forget about Rick Ross. The guy Bush senior used to get that whole crack coc aine kick off in the 90's

That series turned into the best-selling book, “Dark Alliance,” that blew the lid off of the alleged CIA complicity in the importation of coc aine into the US, creating the exceptionally profitable, and damaging, crack coc aine epidemic spread through many inner city neighborhoods. Congressional Hearings, in the late-90s, found the book’s facts to be true.

Old but relevant...

Rick Ross, CIA linked trafficker to be realeased ( '09)

Lest we forget Michael Ruppert confronting the head of the CIA about trafficking during a hearing

Pot, meet kettle...
edit on 13-10-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Selling drugs to people is collecting illegal taxes.
Opium war never ends.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
US drug policy cannot even be enforced in California. They are smoking weed in public and the cops give it back to you when they see your prescription card. Fat chance anyone will pay attention to the world's worst human rights violators. Hey, this whole thread is against the rules here at ATS. Moderators, remove it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This bill would have much further-reaching implications far beyond what your comments suggest and is a potential danger for foreign travellers and Americans living abroad like myself. Please stay on-topic.

Such matters as this are vital to the liberty of Americans, should be understood by them what kind of laws are being brought forth in congress at this time, and discussion of such issues should not have to be terminated by your unwarranted wisecracks. You obviously understand the sensitivity regarding intelligent discussion of these concerns. Shameful that you deliberately seek to undermine this thread.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Many a wonderful thread has been removed here because of the silly anti-drug rule. Why not this one? It seems only the drug threads that don't reflect public opinion get to stay.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The US is behind the international ban on drug (save a cpl of exceptions). E.g. Heroin was made illegal in the UK in 1955 only. Prior to that date we had no heroin addiction problems (apart from the odd bohemian), most households kept it in their medicine cabinet as a very effective painkiller...but in the US with its prohibition etc. there were massive addiction problems...and since prohibition of these substances now we ALL have massive addiction probs in our societies.

These rules aren't about imposing the US's rule on other countries - it's imposing it's laws on it's own citizens no matter where they might be on the globe and no matter if their actions are causing harm or no. That is scary.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join