It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Perhaps they should also think about prosecuting anyone who purchases a ticket to Amsterdam, on the understanding that they are planning to use illicit drugs whilst there? After all, they are planning a trip, they must be planning what they are going to do when they arrive? Arrest them all!

In some respects the US government is walking backwards.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
@ the drug dealers and gun runners trying to crack down on everyone else. You can't make this stuff up.

They all need to go. Purge the government.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Our rights have been slowly eroding for years. Once again freedom of speech has just gone out the window. This is so outrageous. You can be arrested just for telling someone where he can buy something!?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I know the US has been overstepping its bounds for a long while now, but this borders on insanity. The US's ego grows exponentially each year. The hubris of the US will be it's downfall. It won't be long before someone stands up to the US and it's gonna be nasty.

I'd really like to move my family outta here!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This will only apply to those people who are not a part of the criminal cartel aka the U.S. Government.

edit on 8-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
reply to post by rabidrabbit

I think you missed my point. I see us being enslaved by all of government which is rotten to the core.

Wow, seeing ThePublicEnemyNo1's post removed has convinced me more than Garth that ATS is not on the side if the 99%.
edit on 7-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

I'm still appalled and just sick to my stomach that such a Bill is even being considered smh
Not really sure why my post got deleted but at least they didn't take all of my points this time
I guess I'll just have to watch "exactly" what I say on ATS from now on.

Just making a general statement, Mexico isn't all about guns and drugs as they allow certain life saving institutions to operate in their country that the US doesn't allow. For example, The Gerson Institute who kept my mother in law alive and well for over 22 years. She had breast cancer and survived over 2 decades without ever having a mastectomy, chemo or radiation because of The Gerson Institute's belief in healing the body through natural means. Obviously they had to operate out of Mexico, because the US doesn't allow such "great medical" practices to occur within our very own boarders. She even became a trained caregiver and traveled the world caring for cancer patients and saving lives. Her name was Shirley Tice, look her story up along with Max Gerson and Charlotte Gerson (who I talk to weekly). They and The Gerson Institute are/were doing what our own government will not ever allow. I wonder how this bill will effect organizations such as The Gerson Institute if passed? I think I will be sending them a heads up just in case they don't know about this possibility. This could cause them some serious problems. I can't believe this Bill might get passed (although I am highly doubtful). Someone wants it too though and we should find out who they are.

This government and all its shot callers need to go....they're a joke while being the biggest drug dealers/manufacturers on the planet.

Awesome job OP...now I'm off to see what terms I violated

S-n-F

ETA
Okay, so after reading the one (1) warning in my email from Don'tTreadOnMe, I was given no reason what terms I violated nor was I offered a reason here on this thread. My post just got removed and 500 points taken with no reason. What's up Mods? Can someone at least tell me what I did or said that was out of line? I'm mind boggled by your actions.

Mods, what you guys did to me is kind of like locking someone up and not telling them what law they broke

edit on 10/8/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Since no one has mentioned this....This is apparently also in response to the growing trend of senior citizens crossing the Canadian and Mexican borders to purchase their prescription drugs at a fraction of the cost of purchasing them here at home in their own country....the good Ol U. S. of A.

Who's govt is comprised of the Rich, By the Rich and For the Rich !

Either these representatives are being paid by the Pharmaceutical lobby to initiate this legislation or they simply don't have anything better to do with their time.

Esta Cabron !

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Maybe the US should:

1) Stop Transporting Cocaine Across the border in Mexico as the CIA has been caught doing
2) Controlling the sales of Oppium in Afganistan in order to Launder Money
3) How about they stop legalizing the use of Drugs that arent fully tested by FDA that end up harming people. Big Pharma
4) Forcing Vaccinations that arent fully tested.

How about they do this first, then we can discuss what i can and cant do in another country.

Touché my good man.... Touché!

IRM

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

www.huffingtonpost.com

The House Judiciary Committee passed a bill yesterday that would make it a federal crime for U.S. residents to discuss or plan activities on foreign soil that, if carried out in the U.S., would violate the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) -- even if the planned activities are legal in the countries where they're carried out.

The Controlled Substances Act also regulates the distribution of prescription drugs, so something as simple as emailing a friend vacationing in Tijuana some suggestions on where to buy prescription medication over the counter could subject a U.S. resident to criminal prosecution. "It could even be something like advising them where to buy cold medicine overseas that they'd have to show I.D. to get here in the U.S.," Piper says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

I don't get this. Sounds like a US attack on foreign sovereign nations. Does this mean they can fly into a nation illegally under the foreign nations laws and arrest some one in that nation that is not doing anything illegal. Sounds like an action that will incite war.
edit on 8-10-2011 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Get your own house in order before imposing laws on, or violating laws of, other foreign sovereign nations.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

This makes sense. What if you were in Colombia talking to the Colombians or educating them on how to distribute it in America. It should be a crime.....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Something else to consider:
I wonder how much money the US Government is going to pay foreign nations for tattling on American activities while abroad?

This legislation is hypocrisy at it's best. How do you campaign on smaller government and then pass this crap? They should have just called it the:

"Give Obama Four More Years Act"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

This makes sense. What if you were in Colombia talking to the Colombians or educating them on how to distribute it in America. It should be a crime.....

Try actually reading the entire bill.

Once again, Americans are getting crushed by the "big picture". While the above seems like a good thing, the problem is that this bill can be interpreted on a broad ranging scope. Look no further than the Patriot Act to see where this is headed.

Go to Amsterdam and visit a coffee shop? You can get arrested in the US.
Need cold medication while in Mexico? Better show ID and have proof you did.
Visiting a red light district on foreign soil? You may as well cuff yourself as you deplane.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Probably more like the US Government will pay foreign nations for the information and then you will face arrest upon your return to US soil. However, as the bill is written, it doesn't state that they can't arrest you on foreign soil. I would imagine this would be problematic on a number of levels however.

The really ridiculous part is that if you plan a trip to Amsterdam and include a coffee shop in your itinerary, you can get arrested for the plan itself. Even if you don't actually go to Amsterdam.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They are all pushing laws to control us, its a game for them to see Which Party can convince us ignorant Americans to belive lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That is why we need to get up and take to the streets to stop the dirty whores in congress that are been influence by private interest over our own interest and freedoms.

We need to keep protesting to take them out of our lives and our right to chose.

Move people move and protest.

We don't have a democracy neither a republic anymore is nothing but and elite and private interest dictatorship going on.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This makes me sick. The US government knows no bounds when it comes to violating any and all rights of every citizen of every country on earth. The US government has been run by sociopaths for so many years that people have just come to expect sociopathic behavior as the norm. It is not the norm, we have got to change the government. I, for one, am sick of being associated with these people. I was in Germany and had to defend myself a couple of times for actions of my government; I would have to explain that my government does not represent my views in any way, shape, or form.

One need look no further than Obama. You can see his TRUE view on the War on Drugs prior to him being elected president. After his election though, he has a virtual 180* turnaround. Why? Big pharma? I think so. Among other things. Prison union? Check. Private prison builders/managers? Check. DEA wanting to justify their existence? Check.

The government is nothing more than a huge organized crime family and the people involved - All 3 branches need to either be prosecuted under RICO or tried as traitors.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If passed I can see this as a double-edged sword. How about those CIA or DEA agents or their bosses that are selling guns to criminals here in Mexico or running their drugs for them? Would this apply to US government agents acting under orders fromn the US government? Or would their bosses who plot such adventures expected to be exempt from prosecution? Probably just applies to us peons that have no big interests at stake in illegal enterprises like those agencies.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

I'm not mocking you, but I'm sure the Colombians don't to be educated from any of the "ordinary drug dealers" on how to get drugs into the US. They have the CIA for that and so far...it seems to be working just fine. They've been partners now for what....over 40 years at least? I think they're getting all the "edumacation" they need directly from their "True" buyers, who then distribute it as they see fit while destroying millions of households and families. You don't actually think people like you and I are responsible for the huge amounts of drugs that come into the US everyday do you? Sure, we could say it's as simple as don't do drugs (no pun intended Mrs. Reagan), but that's kind of an oxymoron, especially since people are prescribed narcotics and opiates "legally" everyday. It's not always an indiviuals intent to become "hooked on drugs". However, it is the intent of the Big Pharms to hook all of us on something.

There's nothing about this bill that makes any sense what so ever IMO. Did you read it
And if so, could you please elaborate with the rest of us and give us your opinion on what good could come out of such a bill?

Thanks...looking forward to your reply

ETA
Meanwhile, back in California and across the US....we're all about to be forced to give illegal immigrant students tax payer dollars for college. I'm not sorry either about completely disagreeing with the second half of this bill (AB131). But hey, if the government wants to come out of their personal pockets and pay for these kids to attend college...then by all means go ahead Mr. Pres/Gov. Brown and all the rest of you political crooks, but don't expect me to pay for it. Don't expect me to pay my taxes either. Especially, when they're using my hard earned credits to break the law!

AB131
Local News link on AB 130-131

Yet, the majority of US families/students can hardly afford college (which has turned into another Big Business), if at all
The first link is directly from the "author" of the bill I believe. Things are getting heated around the USA folks!

Whatever, I've had enough

edit on 10/8/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
reply to post by gentledissident

Indeed. But one expects this from the Democrats. They love Big Government. But when the Republicans do it, I think it is worth noting, because they sure have been making a big deal out of this 'limited government' they claim to want.

There's not much difference between the two parties' love of big government. The main difference is the Republicans appear to favor big government regulation of the lives and activities of the "little" people, the ones who cannot qualify to be among the blessed elite because they don't possess multi million dollar asset portfolios and lack the income required for admission to their inner circle and are, therefore, insignificant but potentially dangerous due to their numbers. The democrats favor as much control of these legions of little people as the Republicans, they just package their regulation of the little people in different and more palatable terminology.

Bottom line, there is no real difference between the Republicans and Democrats. It's all just deceptive theater.

That's why nothing ever changes or improves in this country.

That's why someone like Barack Obama, and those who preceded him, tell the citizenry during an election campaign what he believes he must say to win their vote and then, once in office, he performs as though his campaign promises had never passed his lips.

What we have is also in large part due to the fact that the country is not run by our elected officials. It is run by people whose names you never hear and whose faces you never see in an election campaign or in a voting booth. George Carlin nailed it in his many skits where he referred to "the owners of this country" followed by syaing "and you're not one of them". That al;ways seemed to get a nervouse laugh from his audiences because it followed the comic template for generating laughter and contained that kernel of truth which, deep down, everyone was somewhat aware of.

Real change will require that the people and groups who really run this country are exposed for all to see who they are, what they do, and how they do it. Faces, names, addresses, affiliations, so the people can deal with them in whatever way that needs to be done.
edit on 10/8/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarification

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join