It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security moves forward with 'pre-crime' detection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Homeland Security moves forward with 'pre-crime' detection

news.cnet.com

An internal U.S. Department of Homeland Security document indicates that a controversial program designed to predict whether a person will commit a crime is already being tested on some members of the public voluntarily

If this sounds a bit like the Tom Cruise movie called "Minority Report," or the CBS drama "Person of Interest," it is. But where "Minority Report" author Philip K. Dick enlisted psychics to predict crimes, DHS is betting on algorithms: it's building a "prototype screening facili
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ethnicity, Gender and heart-rate?
What is this a joke?
Biased profiling is being automated???????

DHS calls its "pre-crime" system Future Attribute Screening Technology, or FAST

More like "Software Technology Using "Unbiased" Profliling Identification System or STUPID!

Guys henceforth I will be referring to "FAST" as "STUPID" so please bear with me.

So STUPID can make basically anyone without not only without proof but without intent a suspect.

Ethnicity, sure think blacks and muslims if you want
But these days they keep talking about right-wing extremists, so don't worry it's coming to you too guys.

Lupe Fiasco rapper has verse that comes to mind from a song called Building Minds
" Don't think you safe though because you not black
Greed is color blind, so i'm color blind
They going to mess with yours as soon as they done with mine"

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Facial recognition and pre-crime detection?

I wonder if they are planning on setting up a bunch of cameras near wall st. soon?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Facial recognition and pre-crime detection?

I wonder if they are planning on setting up a bunch of cameras near wall st. soon?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Look, over there, it's a mexican!

Phew, that was close.

So, who thinks having an account on ATS will add you automatically to the FAST (or STUPID) database?

Me, for one.
edit on 10/7/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would prophesize, with current trends, that the next major target is education.
Yes I know they already targeted that, but they did with my two last threads too, as this thread and the FBI launching facial recognition project thread. They already targeted that too, but now even more.

Education would be the next logical element to target even more
Now it's just bad education, be ready for some SERIOUS indoctrination Stalin style!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What if big sis discovers that she is going to commit another crime against the bill of rights and the constitution? I bet that would make a good movie seeing that fat butch running around with all their futuristic DHS quack machines! No seriously yack!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yay!!!!

thought profiling orwell would be proud

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I would prophesize, with current trends, that the next major target is education.
Yes I know they already targeted that, but they did with my two last threads too, as this thread and the FBI launching facial recognition project thread. They already targeted that too, but now even more.

Now it's just bad education, be ready for some SERIOUS indoctrination Stalin style!

That's a frightening thought.

Though I take some comfort in the fact that protecting your child is a basic human instinct.

reply to post by DieBravely

Yea, well I'm a poker player, or I was before they took that away from us.

I wonder if a full media blackout is in our imminent future?
edit on 7-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

link   
There is already a global effort to destroy all free acquiring of knowledge. Or production of real art in literature, movies, TV, copyright, you name it.

link   
This is crazy, but I can't say I'm surprised. Wasn't a movie released about a similar subject not too long ago? If I remember correctly, it was about law enforcement authorities who travel backwards in time to stop crimes before they occur.

I may be wrong, but it sounds familiar.
edit on 7-10-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: (no reason given)

link   
This all needs to happen for people to wake up one day and say "something is wrong with the world."

..eventually, it will happen. If it doesn't people will at least agree in silence that the vocal ones are right. Right now, people just think they're nutty.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadesofGrey78

yes sirrie minority report starring tom cruise

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The easy trick here is they can decide WHAT is a crime, arbitrarily.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadesofGrey78

I think that was Robo cop or at least one with Arnold S.

This would not affect the real criminals as they would have immunity to this type of detection.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

How do you target education? They are targeting people's hearts and brains, via poisons of the body and the thoughts, no need to worsen education if they can't remember anything 5 seconds ago and only care about physical pleasures.

Dehumanization through culture does far more damage than cutting education funding. The TV is an ultimate weapon.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

mood altering pill residue in the water we drink plus indoctrination
how do our great grandchildren even stand a chance?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

mood altering pill residue in the water we drink plus indoctrination
how do our great grandchildren even stand a chance?

We think they don't, but how surprising are cells, and life in general when it comes to adapting to the surroundings in order to survive?

They can try to spray chemicals from the air onto us, but we will eventually adapt to survive.
They can take away all nutrients in the food and we will adapt.
They can make everything we do illegal, but we'll find ways around those stupid laws.
They can fluoridate the water.... yeah, we aren't adapting to that one.

The point is, life always finds a way. I don't think it'll be any kind of life we'd consider "normal", but that will be all that they have ever known. Very sad, and very wrong to do in my opinion, all for the sake of the economy and sustainability in the current broken system.
edit on 7-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
They can take away all nutrients in the food and we will adapt.

The epidemic of obesity disagrees with you

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
They can make everything we do illegal, but we'll find ways around those stupid laws.

The prison industrial complex disagrees with you

I can go on and on with different topics that disagree with you
At the end of the day I don't disagree with you, I prefer to be positive like you

At the same time to have the majority of people stoically allow forced adaption through greed and corruption to continue is what I disagree with.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Are you sure it is not life itself that is doing this?
It looks like all life's technology of survival is the driving force for this crappy outcome.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The epidemic of obesity disagrees with you

Being obese does not mean that you're "healthy" or getting all the nutrients that you need for that matter... you're just stuffing yourself with fat and carbs... processed crap. where are the nutrients though? You guzzle down 5 cokes a day... but where are you getting your nutrients from?? It's just syrup, sugar, and a bunch of artificial flavors and colors... there's no actual nutrition anymore

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join