It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security moves forward with 'pre-crime' detection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Hi Iamonlyhuman, In case your statement wasn't rhetorical... I think this new thread on a frequent topic got started because of the FBI's recent decision (news release) to make facial recognition systems a nationwide implementation. In terms of news, it makes it slightly new... and I would agree with the OP that this is worth discussing (again).

www.nextgov.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well, solving Pre-Crimes should help Homeland Security a lot -- it's not as if they have any Post-Crimes to show for their efforts so ANYTHING would be an improvement.

If this Bush era "make work" department wanted to be really useful, they could Pre-Fix cars by filling pot holes.

>> of course, I'm absolutely certain, that all the Pre-Criminals will not have evidence brought against them -- that would require competent prosecution and evidence -- and HS is just not staffed with that sort of personnel. Everything will be in secret, and we will get "trust us, we know what we are doing."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Obviously, Philip K. Dick influenced them the same way Homer influenced ancient Greeks.
They have entered into this schizophrenic trip and it is going to be very interesting to see how they screw their own minds in this super-intelligent scheme

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I can't believe this is where we are now.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
This all needs to happen for people to wake up one day and say "something is wrong with the world."

..eventually, it will happen. If it doesn't people will at least agree in silence that the vocal ones are right. Right now, people just think they're nutty.

reply to post by ModernAcademia

The problem is... we are innocent until proven guilty. How can we be proven guilty if we haven't even committed a crime yet? What happens when someone gets in trouble because the profiling center is wrong?

Other than that, I was just thinking the same thing as you, Boncho. Well said.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Oh, yeah. They will be punishing our "crime potential".
Actually, it's just another form of taxing their slaves.
edit on 8-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Coming to YOUR child's school soon! I remember when I was little, the police would come to schools and fingerprint all of the kids...Back then I didn't realize the reason for this...

Will this be sort of the same thing? However it is used, it is unconstitutional. Profiling is unconstitutional, and I suspect this will bring major uproar, which will do no good. If the rallying against the Patriot Act didn't do any good, I do not suspect this will be any different. I have always said that the necessity for violent revolution was a good ways off, but maybe I was wrong.
edit on 10/8/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I guess Homeland Security already got the jump on THIS crime

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Coming to YOUR child's school soon! I remember when I was little, the police would come to schools and fingerprint all of the kids...Back then I didn't realize the reason for this...

Will this be sort of the same thing? However it is used, it is unconstitutional. Profiling is unconstitutional, and I suspect this will bring major uproar, which will do no good. If the rallying against the Patriot Act didn't do any good, I do not suspect this will be any different. I have always said that the necessity for violent revolution was a good ways off, but maybe I was wrong.

I'm already sure there is an EXEMPT group from all this "pre crime" investigation, because I think there is a LOT of evidence already...

.... sorry for the crude humor, but some of these Halloween costumes just really tell us the obvious with humor. The Clothes have no Emperor, and you know you are in a police state when what is legal is more harmful than what is illegal. Tar Sands pipeline, Wars for resources, and of course, Private Banks running the financial system.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by boncho
This all needs to happen for people to wake up one day and say "something is wrong with the world."

..eventually, it will happen. If it doesn't people will at least agree in silence that the vocal ones are right. Right now, people just think they're nutty.

reply to post by ModernAcademia

The problem is... we are innocent until proven guilty. How can we be proven guilty if we haven't even committed a crime yet? What happens when someone gets in trouble because the profiling center is wrong?

Other than that, I was just thinking the same thing as you, Boncho. Well said.

You seem to think that the Golden 1% care about such things. Innocent people getting executed, is far preferable to inconvenience and loss of profits for the Elite. Maintaining the status quo is the only religious doctrine at play here.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

it's building a "prototype screening facility" that it hopes will use factors such as ethnicity, gender, breathing, and heart rate to "detect cues indicative of mal-intent."

So... basically it's a racist program? Or pre-programmed to stereo-type?
I can see it now--- "Oh look, a male Mexican taking a walk... his heart rate is up.. uh oh! He must be planning on bringing guns and drugs over the border!"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

CDC and Homeland are already going to be offering classes at my school. I'm curious, so I'm going to take the classes. I'm excited and can't wait.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ever meet an actual, "good" criminal? Cool as a cucumber.
It is something they are proud of.

The rest of us, well, just knowing they are watching and my heart rate goes up, my eyes dart around to see where they might be, I walk funny when I know I'm watched, and on and on. I can't lie. Never could.

That is why I could never be involved in anything untowards ..... cuz I would probably trip all the detectors just going for an ice cream cone.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ok! two steps for would and one back wards.
then fall over and hope no one is looking.

in the early Victorian age
they started Research into measuring peoples heads and the shape of criminals.
and from this they hope't to bauble to see who is a criminal be fore they commit a crime.
I dont no why they gave up on it. but if we can find out.
we can tell these fools. so they stop now.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They also claim everything is predestined in genes.
This is clearly Borg mentality.
Technology trying to find foothold in vacuum. But, there isn't one. Instead, they keep constructing the Universe in their own image.
They are running out of resources and will turn against itself - us.
This world will be a ruin in short time. Most people are not ready for this.
There is a threshold after which people will either disobey or crash.
Definitely Borg.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ok! two steps for would and one back wards.
then fall over and hope no one is looking.

in the early Victorian age
they started Research into measuring peoples heads and the shape of criminals.
and from this they hope't to bauble to see who is a criminal be fore they commit a crime.
I dont no why they gave up on it. but if we can find out.
we can tell these fools. so they stop now.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I would prophesize, with current trends, that the next major target is education.
Yes I know they already targeted that, but they did with my two last threads too, as this thread and the FBI launching facial recognition project thread. They already targeted that too, but now even more.

Education would be the next logical element to target even more
Now it's just bad education, be ready for some SERIOUS indoctrination Stalin style!

How do you target education? They are targeting people's hearts and brains, via poisons of the body and the thoughts, no need to worsen education if they can't remember anything 5 seconds ago and only care about physical pleasures.

Dehumanization through culture does far more damage than cutting education funding. The TV is an ultimate weapon.

Here in California there has been a policy enacted by public schools. Students must receive a "whooping cough" vaccination or else they are not allowed to attend class.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If it's programmable, it is faulty, therefore, this is already rife with "opportunity" to alter the query search matrix's to enable a "false report" flag event, for "future" reporting on a specific target of opportunity..

Anything binary, is breakable, nothing that operates with a 1/0 is safe, and human nature is to abuse, distort, destroy, rape, and pillage what they want (never what they actually need)..

You "CANNOT" have anything Pre-crime, it would be controlled (is controlled BTW) a small group of people, who have only their own best interest's at heart.. All results are "false positives"..

Just another cash cow, and another means to cause fear and panic...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
To all the people who whine about Ron Paul's social and economic policies, you'll be whining even harder when the police state actually gets in your face.

Want to dismantle the military industrial complex? vote RP. don't wait til its too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join