It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop calling Nibiru/Nemesis a hoax..? It is a hypothesis which is yet to be proven.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Evidence Nemesis/Nibiru is not a hoax but a serious theory that explains many cyclical extinctions.

"Richard A. Muller has never been comfortable with conventional scientific wisdom. In the 1980s, when his mentor Luis Alvarez came up with the then outrageous idea that a giant comet or asteroid impact wiped out the dinosaurs, the University of California, Berkeley, physicist went him one better, suggesting that the meteorite had been hurled our way by a dim companion star to the sun, which Muller dubbed Nemesis. In the 1990s he posited that ice ages are triggered by space debris encountered because of cyclical changes in the location of Earth’s orbit. "

www.scientificamerican.com...

Don't panic about the following text: this collision is in a approx a million years. But it does back up the theory Nemesis/Nibiru hypothesis. The reason we know about Gliese 710 is that it is an orange Dwarf so much brighter than the cooler brown dwarfs which are far harder to detect..

"New calculations show that the orange dwarf, called Gliese 710, will crash through the Oort Cloud that surrounds the Sun. The disruption to this shell of many billions of icy fragments would launch a shower of comets into the inner solar system, threatening the planets with devastating impacts."

Evidence of close brown dwarfs..

"A dim object less than 10 light years from Earth appears to be the closest brown dwarf yet found. The "star" is so cold that any residents on an orbiting planet would see a dark sun in their starry "daytime" sky.

The discovery suggests that brown dwarfs are common and that the objects could exist even closer to Earth."

www.scientificamerican.com...
blogs.scientificamerican.com...

And since it has already been successfully argued that if one had been discovered closer which poses significant risk they wouldn't tell us.. There is no way to rule out that there isn't one approaching.

But we can search for the effects this brown dwarf has.. Statistical evidence does exist for this and the argument that the orbit would be too unstable is false as it such orbits have been found.

"Sedna moves in a highly unusual elliptical orbit, Cruttenden has determined that Sedna moves in resonance with previously published orbital data for a hypothetical companion star."

Please read the whole article.
www.sciencedaily.com...

NOT A HOAX BUT SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE SEPARATED FROM THE WORD CONSPIRACY.
edit on 7-10-2011 by mockrock because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by mockrock because: quote add

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

One question.

How far from earth do you believe Nibiru is right now?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That was not the post.. Think about it all I am saying is can we stop labeling it as a hoax when it is clearly not, it is worthy of serious discussion.

Nobody but NASA and Governments privy to that information could possibly know.

It is a serious scientific theory, which has been proven to explain many anomalies in our solar system.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

But if you want my best guess.. I'd say asteroid YU55 could be Nibiru.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I can accept the concept of Nibiru on the same basis as Bigfoot, Nessie, Little Grey Men or Atlantis. It is possible, there are some interesting premises but no real evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Michael S Heiser, a scholar of Aramaic and Hebrew languages disputed Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of the Sumerian Tablets and explains why here:

www.michaelsheiser.com/nibiru

If Niburu was a planet, inhabited by the Anunnaki, on the elliptical orbit that Sitchin claims, it would be an ice-ball.
Sitchin also predicted that Niburu would arrive here in 2003.
Not to be totally ignored but some of Sitchin's interpretations are seriously flawed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

There is more evidence to support the theory than there is to discount it completely.

Atlantis yes possible.. ancient city swallowed by floods, not unbelievable.. Big foot possible legend of neanderthal man as modern day homo sapiens did share the earth at some point in history.. it would fit as they were better suited to a colder climate.. fits with the whole snow theme.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I don't know what is worse... The bandwagon that calls NIBIRU a hoax or the bandwagon that knows SH*T about Sumerian cosmogony, that has absolutely NO astronomical information from Sumerian tablets, that doesn't know what NIBIRU, but pretend to be experts in the subject, based in YT videos of people who point every single sun flare, star or even a smudge in the lens, as a brown dwarf near the sun. Ironically most of these people asking for credibility in threads about this subject, have NEVER read a single book of Zecharia Sitchin, who brought the name "NIBIRU" into the knowledge of modern society and these very people, most of time, ignore real astronomical information about the noticeable effects of the hypothetical presence of a brown dwarf star in the inner system, as sunlight reflection and orbital disruption in the inner planets.

Despite the fact that nor a single amateur astronomer of world wide, has reported anything in the inner system, suggesting such object, these people DON'T WANNA know it. They desperately want the morbid thrill of a planetary cataclysm in the next video of Terral or any other doom preacher.

I do believe that NIBIRU does exist, but in what concerns me, the Sumerians could have referred to ANYTHING they saw in the sky. An alien mothership, a space station, a hologram, ANYTHING. But if it was really a brown dwarf star or a giant rogue planet, what they saw and named NIBIRU, better you guys come with some solid evidence that is within the inner system right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
Michael S Heiser, a scholar of Aramaic and Hebrew languages disputed Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of the Sumerian Tablets and explains why here:

If Niburu was a planet, inhabited by the Anunnaki, on the elliptical orbit that Sitchin claims, it would be an ice-ball.
Not to be totally ignored but some of Sitchin's interpretations are seriously flawed.

I would not bother so much with Sitchin's work and the aliens etc.. stick to the science papers, there has been so much evidence to back it up without needing to use any of the Mayan information either.. too easy to be labelled as misinterpretation.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

It is fascinating how the science articles are ignored and we go back to trying to link it to Mayan/alien themes.. Forget these.. Lets stick to science for this thread.

So for this thread I am trying to argue Nibiru/Nemesis needs to be treated as a serious theory.. to do this lets for now not link it to the things which are used to easily disparage the theory eg Stitchin, Aliens etc. We don't even need to go near that to prove the Nibiru/Nemesis theory..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mockrock
...it is worthy of serious discussion.
It is a serious scientific theory, which has been proven to explain many anomalies in our solar system

To be worthy of scientific study it needs some evidence or observable phenomena behind it and so far there is none to the "theory" (makes me gag saying that in this context) of Nibiru or whatever you want to call it.

Sure, there's brown dwarfs and as the article says,

"The discovery suggests that brown dwarfs are common and that the objects could exist even closer to Earth."

Doesn't mean there is - that the possibility exists. It doesn't say there's everidence though. And if it were to hit us on Dec 21, 2012 - it wold have to be closer than a few light years and travelling pretty f-ing fast.

No.. doesn't make sense. People have misinterpreted some old Myan calendar malarky and attributed it to things they fear. Archetypes, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

So is any/everything..

There are pink unicorns on the moon, the US govt hides it.. ra ra ra..

Prove me wrong!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

That is exactly what I wanted to say. Being interested in all mentioned phenomoena I personally think all of them seem possible. i wouldn't go as far as to say there are *evidences* though...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

But it is evidence that the theory behind Nemesis/Nibiru is not ridiculous/Hoax.

If scientists have proven these binary systems exist.. and that an irregular elliptical orbit would not be unstable.. That these dwarf stars are numerous and are hard to detect then why place Nibiru/Nemesis theory in the same hoax category as myself having a third nipple which I use to communicate to alien beings?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

It is to convenient to label things we do not wish to discuss as a conspiracy/Hoax.. I think we are advanced enough as species to be able to talk about the implications of this without deriding it as a hoax.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I would not bother so much with Sitchin's work and the aliens etc.. stick to the science papers, there has been so much evidence to back it up without needing to use any of the Mayan information either.. too easy to be labelled as misinterpretation.

There has been no scientific recognition of Niburu. It does not exist.
Nowhere does the Sumerian Tablets refer to "The Anunnaki" or "Niburu".
Translation by Christian and Barbara Joy O'Brien refer to "The Shining Ones".
Whereas I do believe that our DNA has been interfered with and it could well have been those 'Gods' referred to by the Sumerians, talk of Nibiru is purely Sitchin's interpretation which no one else has confirmed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

That was not the post.. Think about it all I am saying is can we stop labeling it as a hoax when it is clearly not, it is worthy of serious discussion.

Nobody but NASA and Governments privy to that information could possibly know.

It is a serious scientific theory, which has been proven to explain many anomalies in our solar system.

I would say rather the theory is something that could provide a lot of insight to what we see in the asteroid belt and many other "dots" of knowledge througout history and across many society's. I am open to it and would not call it a hoax. However, I do feel Phage has been right when he points out stuff that is someones imagination taking artistic privilidges with scientific data. In my estimation something other than what I was taught in Astronomy may be the truth but they were careful to say 'this is what we believe has happened". The point being the science is not settled at all in these matters. Therefore, with further proof of rogue planets coming out of other systems being captured in our telescopes, we have a plausible explanation. No way that the data showing planets can roam is a hoax. Niburu is possible and it could explain the cycles observed in the geological data. It appears to be a viable theory.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

There has been no scientific recognition of Niburu. It does not exist.
Nowhere does the Sumerian Tablets refer to "The Anunnaki" or "Niburu".
Translation by Christian and Barbara Joy O'Brien refer to "The Shining Ones".
Whereas I do believe that our DNA has been interfered with and it could well have been those 'Gods' referred to by the Sumerians, talk of Nibiru is purely Sitchin's interpretation which no one else has confirmed.

Why do you keep referring to a load of christian nonsense ? and Stitichin's interpretation. This thread is to discuss the science behind Nibiru/Nemesis theory.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Evidence Nemesis/Nibiru is not a hoax but a serious theory that explains many cyclical extinctions.

For the umpteenth time, Nemesis/Tyche is an as yet unproven scientific theory. Nibiru is a hoax. Why, why, why can't you understand that?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

But if you want my best guess.. I'd say asteroid YU55 could be Nibiru.

According to Sitchin, Niburu is a gigantic planet with a period of 3,600 years. YU55 is a clump of rock with a period of 446 days. Think, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join