It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter down for over an hour now (7th Oct. 2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If you have problems with Twitter right now and wonder if your computer or internet is damaged don't worry.
It's just Twitter that can't be reached at the moment (>1h for me in Europe).

You can check the current status here:

Source: Twitter Status

So as we all like conspiracies here what do you think:
- Just a damaged harddisc and they can't fix it for hours?
- Total loss of power and the backup generators don't start (or they don't have one)?
- Taken down by some hackers?
- Just wan't to fool us and testing how we react if the service is down for some hours?
- ... your ideas here
edit on 7-10-2011 by UnixFE because: Added status screenshot

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
No offense but-does anyone really care? Can't believe you actually made a thread about this......

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Twitter Site Issue 1 hour ago Update (Thursday Oct 6 2011):

The issue has been identified and our engineers are currently working on remediation.

Many users may be experiencing an issue with the site. We are currently investigating this issue.

Twitter Status

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
another thread about this was just murdered by the mods

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Just remember that many important thinks today get organized using Twitter ore FB. Just take OWS or the London riots. In London the blocked mobiles and others access to Twitter and FB in order to prevent the people from communicating and organizing their efforts. For a really big company it's unusual to be offline for >1h as you always have (or should have) backups for every possible failure. If the server explode you have another one, if the power fails you have generators and if the internet line gets cut you have at least 2 other lines running in the building.
So either Twitter don't have backups for these cases or they took down their service to prevent us to use it at the moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Actually my birthday is tomorrow, the EIGHT of October, not the SEVENTH! They can't get anything right!

I want twitter down for my birthday, that would be my present.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
No offense but-does anyone really care? Can't believe you actually made a thread about this......

Amen, I was thinking "Good, who really gives a # anyways?" I guess OP does..............

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
First though: wtf?? Who the hell fives a damn
Second rhought: Maybe it's because of the protest?? Somethng happened to them??
Third though: I can't beli.....mmmmmm I smell bacon....
Last thought: Still wtf the fudge cares?? While bacon is in my mouth...so tasty ((Forgetting about Twittger.... jesus H..))

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Amen, I was thinking "Good, who really gives a # anyways?" I guess OP does..............

Depends on what you mean with 'care about'. Although I have a Twitter account I only tweet about 1-2 messages a week. I only use it as a rare status update for important projects.

In my opinion it is the best way to reach all your customers and those who are interested in your products. Of cause I can add an update section to my website but this would produce much more traffic and took longer to open/load for the customers. So I use Twitter a few times a month but it doesn't hurt me if it's offline a day.

But it's really unusual for such a big service to go down for such a long time. So it's either something realy big that happend there or they made a really stupid mistake like flashing the latest incompatible firmware to all their routers at once.

So I care as this might be a hint to something bigger behind it.
edit on 7-10-2011 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't tweet...twits twitter....cliff note versions of complete thoughts...more dumbing down of people. JMOHO...no offense to the OP.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

ETA: I did give a S&F to keep it in the forefront for those who do, and appreciate the info the OP posted.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hehe, no problem with that
I also don't like FB and hate all those 'Just woke up'-Tweets.

Compare it with this: If all the visitors of the world biggest solarium disapear I won't care about the solarium or those people. But it may be a hint that UV light can do some cool stuff

edit on 7-10-2011 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think they finally realized that twitter was a bad idea - like an epiphany

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wonder how many are having withdrawals..

OMG!!! Stop the presses!!!!!

What's funny, I can actually imagine how many people are twitting that twitter is down. ROFL

edit on 7-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh poop...no twitter...no revolution...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Guys the birds outside are mocking me now, they're like TWEET TWEET and I'm goin... okay (.... and crying a little bit HOW WILL I GO ON!!!!....

Sorry OP but this is funny

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Twitter is constantly having server load issues, not that surprising that it goes down for an hour or so, you really didn't need to make a thread about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

HAHA! I'm going to Tweet tha.... oh FFS!!!! Everyone... please remain calm I have some good news and some bad news.. bad news TWITTER IS DOWN!!! Good news the birds are still tweeting CONSPIRACY!!!.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

HAHA! I'm going to Tweet tha.... oh FFS!!!! Everyone... please remain calm I have some good news and some bad news.. bad news TWITTER IS DOWN!!! Good news the birds are still tweeting CONSPIRACY!!!.

The birds are more faithful than twitter.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpaul

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

The birds are more faithful than twitter.

I see mock twitter when it's down eh?? Why don't you say it to it's face!! Your horrible you know that?? I'm going to twee..oh FFS!!!

haha onl Joking Destiny

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Now that's funny...tweet twitter...to tweet that twitter is down.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join