It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites, cowards or oppressors: Where are all of the "anti" disctatorship folks on ATS now???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

No ,That is wrong. There is only the Policy. When it moves to Executive Order. Intelligence provides the Daily Briefings to the best of their multiple capabilities.Policy Dictates the Course of Action. Regardless of the
Daily Intel Provided. If the Data is counterproductive to Political Policy.

Inherent Danger

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I wasn't here back then, so Im outta the picture. I've had a terrible feeling since BO got elected though.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So the people who screamed about the actions and precedents started during the last administrations (plural) would roll on and expand and eventually roll over Americans were right. And? What's the issue here?

It's only those who believe that a "name" or a letter R or D next to it makes difference, both then and now, and who assumed that those who either decried or maybe even supported these actions did so for those reasons, both then and now, who appear to have an issue here.

Just look at how the criticisms are couched by some. It's like the ultimate strawman in some people's minds, eh?

Please learn how to communicate properly, how to couch and broach your arguments without the obfuscation of names and letters, and we might just stand a chance of exposing and stopping the real perils here.

edit on 10/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I wasn't a member during the Bush years, though a occasional lurker. Just didn't have time back then.

But I do see people calling out this administration often.

We're still here and I believe that our voice is growing. It's just a low rumble right now. Wait for the eventual avalanche.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'd say because Bush was a dictator and Obama isn't. So there. I haven't heard Obama say once that he will do as he pleases, the Presidency isn't a popularity contest. I heard Bush say it with my own ears when he bailed out the banks and wall street.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So, we've seen there is an issue. We have ourselves a dictatorship...I don't agree with that assessment, but just for the sake of argument/conversation let's say we do.

What are we going to do about it? Sit behind our computer screens, and pitch a fit? Hold our breaths 'til we turn blue...stomp our feet?

I know I've said this many, many times over the past few years, but it does bear repeating.

Who, pray tell, put the dictator/dictators into office? ...and if you didn't vote at all, you're as much to blame due to apathetic stupidity.

Governing take involvement not only from the governing, but from the governed, as well. Obama's making you unhappy? Bush made you unhappy? Really? I'm just really sorry as hell about that. Really. You've my sympathy.

Now then, what the hell are you going to do about it?

Obama stepped out of line with this latest action in Yemen? Do something about it. What exactly, I leave up to you. I already know what I'm doing, and have done, and will continue to do. I want the dude out of office. ...and I'm going to do everything within my power to make that happen.

Now then, what the hell are you going to do about it?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm right here. As Always. I have just ceased to care. The people of this country have lost. The politicians own us and will do as they please. Everything around you is a lie. Every word that comes out the television, the internet, the radio and the mouths of the people around you are suspect. Truth is becoming a myth. Everything is a shade of the lie that came before it. Your government protects you from others only so they can have your servitude. Those who seek your vote couldn't care less about your well being.
If you seek change, rise up. The only way this will ever change is if YOU change it. No amount of voting will change this system. The only way change can happen is if the entire system changes drastically. Right Now!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
as in my signature line a quote I made a couple of years ago.
" If you wait until it affects you, You will stand alone when it does."
So many people say well this or that does not affect me so I won't worry about that.
By the time your nieghbor had his guns taken, "oh I don't have guns, so what does that have to do with me."
Your nieghbor gets sick and it takes 6 months to see a doctor due to Obama care, "I am not sick that does not affect me."
Your nieghbor gets taken to prison cause he paid a doctor out of pocket, " Oh he knew that was wrong. He should go to prison."
Your pastor gets arrested cause he preached the Bible, " Well, he should have preached more P/C message. Besides that does not affect me."
You are mowing your front yard and are arrested for mowing your yard on the wrong day of the week, which has a 5 yr prison term attached, "HELP>>>>HELP"
no one comes because it does not affect them........

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Actually I have been railing against the unconstitutionality of this for days, and it has been a vicious struggle too.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

A day didn't go by on these boards during the Bush administration, where people screamed of dictatorship or the risk of it!

edit on 6-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

It’s very easy to see why these people do what they do. They only pretend to have morals, values and concern for America when they are not in charge. They use this rhetoric as a means to attack their enemies. Don’t you remember when then Senator Obama criticized Bush saying it was “unpatriotic to raise the debt ceiling”? I sure didn’t hear that from any liberals when Obummer raised it as President.

They use any and every tactic possible to defeat their chosen enemies until they are once again in control, then their true agenda is revealed. It’s easy to predict their every move if you just understand their playbook.

Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals

RULE 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 8: "Keep the pressure on. Never let up." Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Source: www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

"This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
- T.S. Eliot

Want to know why all R's are evil and all D's are good? Read Herbert Marcuse, founder of the 'New Left', the political movement which began in the late 1960s which we call the counterculture movement and gave rise to George McGovern type Liberals alongside politically correct, multiculturalism, and globalism.

"Liberating tolerance, then, would mean intolerance against movements from the Right, and toleration of movements from the Left." - Herbert Marcuse

Germany and the United States suffered the worst from the Frankfurt School because as they were founded in Frankfurt am Main in 1923 Hitler kicked them out of Germany in the 1930s. They then moved to New York City and set up operation and concluded that Americans shared the German Fascist traits which developed from the patriarchal family that instilled the 'authoritarian personality' in children so that they respect authority and thus Karl Marx 'proletariat revolution' could never occur unless they taught the masses that patriotism, family, religion, and ethnicity were mental illnesses.

In so concluding their Critical Theory would then be used as the weapon which would overly and constantly criticize all Western identity and tradition while hiding itself behind politically correct so that no one could question their actions/beliefs without being unjustly labeled 'Nazi', 'racist', 'xenophobe', or 'bigot'. That is why there is no opposition to the United States (both domestically and in Europe) when Liberals are in control because it is illogical to defend America, seen by them as the heart of the capitalist/authoritarian Western identity, at any time and Liberals never defend it in any measurable way (they criticize and overemphasize our faults and even our non-faults are turned into faults).

One could argue that the Frankfurt School made the United States into the new Nazi Germany because they were given the control over the brainwashing in Germany after Hitler was killed but did not get to brainwash Americans after the war. So we naturally must be the enemy of Cultural Marxism as we exhibit all the traditional European, specifically German, traits that held back the proletariat revolution.

edit on 10/7/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Great work setting up the strawman, OP.

And another big shout out to everybody who is fighting the strawman. Get that boogeyman, guys. Yeah, good job.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
fascist bloody dictators only exist in this country when theres an R by there names

when theres a D its spreading goodness and joy and protecting you.

its politics.

sad pathetic truth.

I tend to think anyone who is critical of just one party is probably hiding something. The REAL controllers are behind the scenes. The POTUS is just a distraction. That's why partisan like yourself only criticize the Dems, while Dem Partisans only criticize the R.s All around the mullberry bush!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join