It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites, cowards or oppressors: Where are all of the "anti" disctatorship folks on ATS now???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

A day didn't go by on these boards during the Bush administration, where people screamed of dictatorship or the risk of it!

Now that it has clearly arrived.....
total *crickets*!

So which one are you? Hypocrite, coward or oppressor?

Or is it something else?

Have we now squarely abandoned our culture of meaningful due process to fully join the rest-of-the-world club?

It's hard to believe that in the end America was defeated with a simple whimper and by its own apathy and ignorance!

Who would have thought that ever possible?

edit on 6-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
sorry but we can't tell you anything more on this.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
fascist bloody dictators only exist in this country when theres an R by there names

when theres a D its spreading goodness and joy and protecting you.

its politics.

sad pathetic truth.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Then sadly we must deserve our own demise.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't really ever focus on Presidential administrations, I believe they are mere puppet arms of a larger more complex octopus of tyranny.

The Administration is not the web nor is it the spider. It is just a mere link in that vast spider-web.

Do not get stuck on this mere segment of the web, for it will leave you vulnerable for when the spider does come along to devour you as you struggle.

I believe that every day I fight the system of despotism and deception, because I am willing to aid others in their journey for the truth. The truth is our greatest weapon and I want to equip as many people with it as possible so that they can make better decisions about all of our futures and the ultimate future of the human race.

Do not allow yourself to get frustrated by the apparent lack of change. This is a mere illusion because change is the only constant in this universal order.

Change is happening but it takes time for people to figure things out for themselves. Have patience and keep fighting, we are winning slowly but surely. This is a war of attrition.

Have faith in yourself and the truth you have within your heart.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Dont you know that when our Lord Obama does anything it is good. If he has you gunned down in the street tomorrow it will be because you deserved it. If you want good things in life then just remember that all good things come to those that serve Lord Obama.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have little doubt of the complexity of the web or the peril within.

I also suffer little confusion about my sense of it all- except for one thing....

I never believed Americans were stupid. I always argued that in the end, the American culture would save itself from the ills of the world or fight really hard trying.

Now I realize that isn't true.

I mourn the loss of that apparent delusion.

link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by neo96

Then sadly we must deserve our own demise.

All things must come to an end sooner or later.

Do not fade into obscurity, become the Phoenix and arise from the ashes of what once was.

Some battles will be won, some will be lost. Do not allow a mere battle to distract you from the larger overall ongoing war.

This is a Pyrrhic victory at best for our opponents. They are losing far more than they gain through their efforts.

The war between Freedom and Slavery is nothing new, and it will not be over anytime soon. It is an epic struggle that all of mankind has had to face in one way or another, and it has been ongoing for millenia in all cultures or civilizations.

link   
reply to post by loam

Two heads to the same snake. Classic divide and conquer. People on ATS are smart enough to know that both sides are the same. The governement are puppets being controlled by the man behind the mask.
Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The war between Freedom and Slavery is nothing new, and it will not be over anytime soon. It is an epic struggle that all of mankind has had to face in one way or another, and it has been ongoing for millenia in all cultures or civilizations.

I agree with these words and recognize their truth.

ETA: But still, it's amazing to see so many on these boards run silent now that tangible evidence has finally arrived confirming many fears.

Simply amazing.

If these boards have run cold and can't muster simple outrage, then the populous out there certainly can't.

Yes, all things must come to an end.

I guess I'll take solace in the fact that my own principles remain sound in this theater of the absurd.

What other choice is there, really?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The indications have been around long enough for a large number of people to have figured out how to go about making huge fortunes , I mean huge, huge fortunes from the dying embers of this once flaming dream of democracy.

If not from malice then why? Could they just be callus morons who have little regard for the rights of others?
Maybe there is some great sense of self, some ultimate sense of fulfillment, of accomplishment? I don't know.

I think more likely they are mad.

But who am I to say, for they would say the same of me.
To quote the immortal Butch.
"Who are those guys?"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Obama is a dictator who promised "hope and change".
And to redistribute the wealth.
And cookies. I swear he said something about cookies.

Bush never promised us cookies.
*shakes fist*

Seriously? Looking at some of the old threads, I'm rather shocked. Though, if given the choice between individuality or being part of the collective, it's easy to see where many want to be.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
To sum up his reply:
"It's obvious that he was directly involved in plotting terrorist attacks, but we can't come up with any evidence. I'm going to dodge any other questions by slowly repeating that I'm not answering them. *SNIP*

Well America, keep eating your fast "food" and watching your american idol... We'll just be over here assassinating our own citizens with no proof of them doing anything, while calling them an "enemy combatant" in our occupation of another country. It's all good.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Skyfloating because: Censor Circumvention Removed

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
Seriously? Looking at some of the old threads, I'm rather shocked.

Exactly.

WTF?

I just don't get it.

The following thread only has a page and a half of replies after nearly sixteen hours of being up on these boards-- and several are actually my replies.

Secret panel can put Americans on "kill list'

I really did think there were more honest brokers on these boards.

"Shocking" hardly describes the half of it!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

We are right here at your disposition Loam. Are you having difficulties?

We are here to Help with whatever rolls your way. I figure you have taken control over the T.V. exposure for your

young one(s) at this point.You Know, from the Violent exposure that you posted months ago.
We talked about that. Have Faith, In the Unknowable, Yourself, The Future, and U.S.

Best Regards,,,W
edit on 7-10-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in Content/typo

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

A day didn't go by on these boards during the Bush administration, where people screamed of dictatorship or the risk of it!

Now that it has clearly arrived.....
total *crickets*.

Only a racist person would call our dear leader a dictator.

Didn't you know?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It may look like hypocricy, but I think it is more about being jaded... Trust me I hate hypocricy with a vitriol most people never experience. I think people are at the point now where they can't believe anyone anymore.

We… are… dead… and… this… is… Hell!

(The Stand - Stephen King)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Those people calling for Bush's blood packed up their picket signs and went home. Their own God is in office now, so there's no way they'll go against him.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Apparently, you must be right.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I have little doubt of the complexity of the web or the peril within.

I also suffer little confusion about my sense of it all- except for one thing....

I never believed Americans were stupid. I always argued that in the end, the American culture would save itself from the ills of the world or fight really hard trying.

Now I realize that isn't true.

I mourn the loss of that apparent delusion.

Eloquently put.

But....... maybe the demise is needed. Half empty,or Half full.................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join