It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Freemasonry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
I really wish someone would come to this tread and give me some proof to discuss........

There are tons of thread you can sift through, if you have the time, and you can rekindle them to stir new and old debate.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

I'm sure I read somewhere that there is actually a sort of "off-shoot" of Freemasonry, exclusively for women. Juo find the name of a few

Thank you to those that gave me the info (and told me how to decypher it!) I now know that there will be a meeting near me next tuesday. Next step is to contact the lodge and see if a member would be willing to chat with me, or even show me around

If so, I'll probably make a thread about it. I'm quite the noob when it comes to Freemasonry and if I get answers to any questions I have on the day I'm sure other noobs would benifit.

Kyle

ETA: Mijamija, I see you're already aware of the female branches... at least I now understand your "Eastern Star" comment earlier
Oh well...
edit on 27/10/2011 by kai22 because: Made a whoopsie

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Anyone who quotes the great philosopher Bueller and can't attribute it just plain has something wrong with them. What's wrong with you, man?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There are a ton of Mason lodges in this town and area. Always creeps me out. Seeing the big G everywhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

from my POV this thread should not be taken seriously unless someone can answer my initial query........if masons are the bad guys I'd love to see some proof.....solid proof.....not rumors, not hearsay, not third party sources, not web pages that lack proper sourcing....

There have been some bad guy Masons and/or Pseudo-Masons over the years. A highly publicized Murder gave Masonry in the US a bad name for awhile, and eventually led to the Shriners being formed to help spin Masonry in a better light. There was the nasty business of the Bavarian Illumuminati and Propaganda Due scandal in Italy. There are a lot of ways to read hidden meanings in Morals and Dogma and Aleister Crowley surely didn't help things, although none of that is representative of the majority of the fraternity.

You know, the best lies and rumors are always based in some fact. The Conspiracy Theorists and anti-Masons are not completely crazy, they are correct and prudent to be a little suspicious. Their only problem is ignoring the abundance of factual information and first hand accounts and choosing to believe the melodrama instead of the fact and experience. Still, for someone that wants to go looking for a darkside, it isn't hard to find some ammunition against Masonry. On the same note, if I wanted to find a conspiracy in mail carriers, and I background searched them, and found every weird off-hand remark, and pulled up every arrest and odd behavior, I'm sure I could make a case that mail carriers were sinister and dangerous, LOL!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can see where the anti masons are coming from as well, and I agree that there are always a few bad apples, that is true of any group, I have some very strong suspicions about Memphis misraim for example, but they are suspicions......only suspicions.....

And I know the difference in something intuitively feeling wrong, versus knowing something based on fact. Alot of the threads about anti masonry read like diatribes on how evil masons are, and they are for the most part well written albeit passionate diatribes but passion is an emotion, I am not really interested in reading someone's emotions on this subject, ya know? I have spent years trying to discover the big mason secret, and all I ever end up with are passionate accusations which rely on reading between the lines and speculating.

So, discounting the few bad apples, it seems to me until proof of a vast Masonic wide conspiracy is uncovered I just can't jibe with this conspiracy. I think what many people do not seem to know is lodges are fairly independent right?

So if one lodge is wicked evil, that does not prove that all lodges are just as wicked evil? I think some one mentioned that earlier.....

I am sure some anti mason will say I am basing my views off my own emotions of my dad, but in truth I have tried very hard to actually bust my dad out.....but after so many years and still no solid evidence it seems more and more clear to me....the conspiracy is not real.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am not sure if you are male or female, as that would make a big difference, but the best way to discover the truth is with first hand knowledge. I was in the same boat of looking for the truth and having a hard time believing that the men I know who were masons might be acting in an evil plot to destroy humanity. I decided that the only way I would know for sure is to become one of them. I did, and I found the truth. Sadly nothing I say will be accepted by others so the cycle of accusation will continue. At least I feel at ease knowing that masonry is exactly what my masonic friends told me it was. Until I reach the coveted 33rd, I will still have my doubts about those "white hats".
Those guys are suspicious. Always busy and always smiling. Definitely up to something.

edit: after looking back, you are female. since you father was/is a brother, you can join the Eastern Star.
edit on 27-10-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder. A crime of the highest level. Justice must be served!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

"always busy, always smiling"

LOL you have no idea how accurately that describes dad!

Masons just smile alot, and I never knew if they were smiling cause they get tickled at seeing us non masons try to desperately figure them out, or if they smile because they are exactly what some people fear they are!

Yes, I know Easter Star is an option but I have never been a social person, never played group sports, never was on debate team, never joined alpha-mega-lambda-hoo-ha-ha in college......

I am intuitively against secrets of any form, and I think that is also what holds me back.

I do not hold it against others, I respect their privacy, people have reasons to keep secrets and they are not always for negative reasons....

but I am open and vulnerable and wear my heart on my sleeve too much to join a group that must be secretive. I can keep secrets for my friends, I am fiercely loyal to those I love, but I do not think I could knowingly join a group where secrets were a cornerstone.

I just hope that if the conspiracy is true the masons are behind everything you are the good guys you say are!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I decided that the only way I would know for sure is to become one of them. I did, and I found the truth. Sadly nothing I say will be accepted by others so the cycle of accusation will continue.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I did the same thing, I have known many Freemasons over the years, and even married into a Canadian family with a long line of Masons and Eastern Star.
When I joined ATS seven or so years ago and started reading about the Masons, I was like this is total rubbish.

But the only way for me to know for sure was to become one, it was something I was planing to do someday anyway. So in a way I have to thank the Anti-masons here on ATS for giving me that little push I needed to get off my butt and see for my self.

It was one of the best decisions I would say I had ever made, besides getting an ongoing Masonic Education, I enjoy the meals and drinking together ( we have a bar in our banquet hall
) and the all around good nature of the Brethren I have met travailing to other lodges. So far it has been great and I have met many new friends that I can trust.

=====================
Seeing I made this post maybe I can ask some of the more experienced Brethren about the SR double Headed Eagle.
Why do I see it with the wings up, and also with the wings down?
I asked my mentor but he said he did not know as he is a Royal Arch and not a Scottish Rite Mason.
He guessed that one was American and the other Canadian, that's the only answer I have gotten so far.
I have also asked a few people from Grand Lodge, one DDGM told me to google it

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 27/10/2011 by Sauron because: mod tags

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
There are a ton of Mason lodges in this town and area. Always creeps me out. Seeing the big G everywhere.

Why is that?

Those blue hats are the ones I find suspicious.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
So in a way I have to thank the Anti-masons here on ATS for giving me that little push I needed to get off my butt and see for my self.
Yeah, I've actually read some of your old posts when searching on other topics, and seen your position before you joined. Fun.

Why do I see it with the wings up, and also with the wings down?
I asked my mentor but he said he did not know as he is a Royal Arch and not a Scottish Rite Mason.
He guessed that one was American and the other Canadian, that's the only answer I have gotten so far.
I have also asked a few people from Grand Lodge, one DDGM told me to google it
They don't make 'em DDGM for nothing. Smart man...
One answer
another

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I can see why I was told to google it,
Wings up in Canada and wing down in the United states, except for active 33rds in the NMJ who use wings up

If I read Freemasons for Dummies correctly.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Those blue hats are the ones I find suspicious.

I remember my first visit to my valley and seeing the blue hat with "50" on it. I thought I had stumbled onto the greatest conspiracy of all time! The hidden degrees in masonry above 33! Then I noticed that the guys wearing the blue hat were all very, very old. Upon further inspection, I realized "50" was for their years in the craft and not their degree.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am a member of a mixed gender Freemasonic Lodge, and I would encourage you to meet with a co-Masonic Lodge in your area if you have a genuine interest in becoming a Freemason. Whether you would be "Recognized" as a Freemason by members of other Jurisdictions is irrelevant to the discussion, if it is in your heart to be a Freemason you are half-way there. My advice is to look for Lodges of known Obediences, such as the George Washington Union, Delphi Order, Le Droit Humain, or American Federation of Human Rights...I am sure that I am neglecting to mention other important Obediences.
edit on 27-10-2011 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Sorry dude, but by not stepping out of the triangle and circle, I assume you are referring to the occult practice of summoning (though I hate that word) - which I can't see as having much to do with this thread.

Besides which, as a veteran occultist, I can recommend that you don't employ the triangle and circle method, because it's disrespectful and it just tends to tick off whomever it is you are asking for....

Anyway - sorry to stray off topic a little.

Well the term is "invoking" as you would well know if you were a "Veteran Occultist"......

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Anyone who quotes the great philosopher Bueller and can't attribute it just plain has something wrong with them. What's wrong with you, man?

Care to show everyone where I have "quoted" any philosopher in my post????
Nothing wrong with me man..... put up or shut up

PEACE
RK

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Care to show everyone where I have "quoted" any philosopher in my post????
Nothing wrong with me man..... put up or shut up

PEACE
RK

Why certainly. You stated:

"They have purt the info out there in plain sight for those who want to see...... I once heard the saying...... "Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it" That is very true to me now... you need to look at numerology, symbolism, architecture, city planning and Geometry to see the message that the Freemasonry agenda is all about."

That quote, dear boy, is from the great philosopher Bueller. Anyone that utters those words and can't attribute it isn't worth two squirts of piss. Okay, maybe one squirt. You probably don't even know who Abe Froman is.

Save Ferris.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

As a veteran occultist, I can tell you that to invoke would not be to use the triangle and circle. It would help if you'd read a couple of those books in your vast library, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Still awaiting your response to my post. I mean, you said you'd gladly debate with a member of either the Scottish Rite or York Rite.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
As a veteran occultist, I can tell you that to invoke would not be to use the triangle and circle.

Can you invoke something to fetch me a six of Sam Adams? And maybe some chips too...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join