It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Freemasonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

How about you occupy LIFE?

reply to post by partycrasher

Freemasonry is nothing like that. I enjoy every minute of it.

Wow, you see things special in your world. Who says we Masons should be given special entitlements?

If my kid asked I'd tell him/her what I could.

Insider trading? Dude I pull into my account a whopping $30k a year. The stocks I do own are nothing to be drooling over.

Which policies are we paying foe that a Mason proposed?

We're not asking you to join and by your attitude I really wouldn't want you to.

So will you please hand over your banking information and I'd like to monitor your spending habits. Who knows you probably support terrorists.

You supporting fascist ideals will ruin this country and goes against what it was founded upon.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Adolph Hitler was a mason until he got where he wanted to be and then he closed them down in Germany.

You can think I am or support whatever you want to think.....you think Lucifer is god so many would discredit you already just like you are trying to discredit me.

If you have a secret it is usually a negative - a positive is readily exposed high for all to see and emulate since with a positive there is nothing to hide.

Masons are a negative element.

If it looks like it is hiding something, smells like it is hiding something, lol walks like it is hiding something.....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Adolph Hitler was a mason until he got where he wanted to be and then he closed them down in Germany.

Which lodge was he a member of?

.....you think Lucifer is god so many would discredit you already just like you are trying to discredit me.

I think Lucifer is a planet and Satan is make believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Adolph Hitler was a mason

I am curious, did you just make this up on your own, or did you read it somewhere?
These are the kind of things that intelligent people would question. They would say, I have heard all kinds of crazy things about masonry, if any of them are true, then how could the people I know who are masons be a part of that organization! Then these intelligent people look for answers in places other than christian hate sites and *POOF!* they find out that a group of idiots have been spreading lies because they are very used to having someone to blame their problems on. Oh, and have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Proposterous. If he was a Mason, what Lodge did he belong to, when did he go through the degrees, and where? You, yet again, speak of what you cannot prove.

Who says anyone thinks Lucifer to.be God??

Secrets or secrecy is not naturally negative, Biblically or rationally. An exposed secret is a positive secret? If it is exposed then it is not secret anymore is it? You should really pick up a dictionary.

We're a negative element? The recipients of our various charities would disagree.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

He was as much a Mason as I am, though much more of a Christian than I.
(Since it's been a while since i last made these rounds, I'm not a Mason. I just happen to know how to ask politely. Turns people off, calling them baby rapers.)

You can think I am or support whatever you want to think.....you think Lucifer is god so many would discredit you already just like you are trying to discredit me.

Leo Taxil would be astounded at how well his hoax has stood the test of time if only in certain circles.

If you have a secret it is usually a negative - a positive is readily exposed high for all to see and emulate since with a positive there is nothing to hide.

I dated my girlfriend in secret for a year, due to me being an atheist and her family being strident Christians.
My personal business is usually conducted privately as well. Though if you are willing to share your pin number...
No, actually I'd still hold it private. But I'd appreciate the effort on your part.

Aye, with the free dinners, hospitals, ect. They're as bad as churches.

If it looks like it is hiding something, smells like it is hiding something, lol walks like it is hiding something.....

Did y'ever try asking politely to be shown around? Usually works wonders.

I'm still indebted to Lost in the Midwest for my copy of Morals and Dogma.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Partycrasher, If you want to know more about the Masons, Join us. It really doesn't hurt THAT much. All I have is a slight limp from my initiating. I will say, the proficiency work is kinda painful!

I, like you, want to know more about all the secrets of the world and Masonry... However though, I'm only up to the 9th. degree in the York Rite, so I only know about the secrets pertaining to Illinois and a few surrounding States.

Once I get through the York Rite degrees, I'll know all the secrets of the United States, then it's off to the Scottish Rites. When I get through all that, I should know about the secrets of the World! The whole World! It's a very long road to travel, but once there, I'll know everything there is to know.

If you would like a tour of our lodge, let me know in advance, I'll need to hide a few things!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It doesn't seem he wants to join to findout about Masonry, so I can only recommend he do what I did.
Find out you local Lodge, chat with them back and forth. Need I remind you, do so politely.
I note that Morals and Dogma, Duncan's Ritual and Monitor Guide, the Scottish Rite's Ritual and Monitor Guide, and a Bridge to Light, the replacement to Mr. Pike's Moral and Dogma, are all available through online stores like Amazon,so you should be able to pick them up for cheap.
Though Morals and Dogma and Duncan's Monitor and Ritual Guide are available online for free, having entered the public domain, I don't rightly know about the other ones.
Personally, I prefer the dead tree version of books, but that's just me.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Will not be joining a masonic lodge. Massive peer pressure from family and co workers has failed to get me to participate so do not think that posters on a website will have any joy with that. I do not "believe" in a supreme being. I actually admire the "ideas" of lucifer, helel, the rebelious queen who was replaced by esther, the En Sof etc. But I do not count these as solid reality so therefore I do not believe in deities.

I will spend some time and dig up the book I have about Hitler's masonic and other secret org participation and do more web research.

Read my other new post.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Will not be joining a masonic lodge. Massive peer pressure from family and co workers has failed to get me to participate so do not think that posters on a website will have any joy with that. I do not "believe" in a supreme being.
It's not for everybody. We even have an ATS member who left Masonry by his own choice when he lost his faith. When he began to doubt his own belief in God, he didn't feel like it would be respectful for him to sit in lodge among men who still had faith if he was only going through the motions. It happens.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I will spend some time and dig up the book I have about Hitler's masonic and other secret org participation and do more web research.

Read my other new post.

Be sure to bring his Lodge number and dates of being initiated, passed, and raised.
All of which is the core of a masonic historical record. And please don't be a wuss and disappear when you don't find anything, be a man and admit you were wrong,

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have several colleagues who are masons, and to be honest, I really wouldn't worry! It seems that to become a mason you basically need to be totally inept and rather bloody stupid!

Although, having said that, I must praise the amount of work they do for charity.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws
I have several colleagues who are masons, and to be honest, I really wouldn't worry! It seems that to become a mason you basically need to be totally inept and rather bloody stupid!

Really? Many great leaders and scientists such as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin etc were Masons. To become a Mason you have to be a good person and desire to become even better.

Btw I'm not a Mason, I just respect them for all good things they have done. Especially in the past.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Be sure to bring his Lodge number and dates of being initiated, passed, and raised.
All of which is the core of a masonic historical record. And please don't be a wuss and disappear when you don't find anything, be a man and admit you were wrong,

It looks like he has decided to be a wuss. I was looking forward to that book...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As someone who has studied Hitler and Nazi Germany for the better part of three decades and has also been a mason for the past few years I find your statement intriguing. Please site your source (as others here have requested). Thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's not hard to understand what free masonry is,just after hearing the name I know what it it.

The hard part would be learning the brick recipe. Or the technique they use to get all the materials for next to nothing costs.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry for asking, but is it necessary to believe in a god to become a member of a Masonic Lodge?

I've just been looking at the homepage for the United Grand Lodge of England ( www.ugle.org.uk ) as well as the "Are you thinking becoming a Freemason?" booklet and one thing I remember seeing was;

"Masonry recognises no distinction of religion
and emphasises the duties of citizenship.
Religious or political discussion is not
permitted in Lodge meetings."

Just wondered if you could clear this up for me please?

On topic, I haven't finished the first page of posts yet but already I doubt wether or not the OP has any idea what the he's talking about. It sounds as if his "knowledge" regarding the masons is based on horror stories and hearsay.

Kyle

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
Sorry for asking, but is it necessary to believe in a god to become a member of a Masonic Lodge?

In most jurisdictions, which would include the United Grand Lodge of England, belief in a Supreme Being is required.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thank you for the reply

Just before I read your post I found this on the urgle website;

"What is Freemasonry’s relationship with religion?
All Freemasons are expected to have a religious belief, but Freemasonry does not seek to replace a Mason’s religion or provide a substitute for it. It deals in a man’s relationship with his fellow man not in a man’s relationship with his God."

I must admit, I'm surprised that having a religious belief is a requirement of sorts. Does this mean that, even though they won't discriminate against other religions, atheists wouldn't be accepted?

Kyle

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
I must admit, I'm surprised that having a religious belief is a requirement of sorts.

The allegorical lessons deal in part with having to recognize that there is something bigger than yourself and the immortality of the soul.

Does this mean that, even though they won't discriminate against other religions, atheists wouldn't be accepted?

Yes, in most jurisdictions this would be the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join