It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More dead seals washing up in New Hampshire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The New England Aquarium said that as of Monday afternoon, 15 seals had been found dead along the New Hampshire coast since last week.

The aquarium said necropsies were performed on the three latest seal carcasses found, and samples of the animals have been sent out for testing, but it appeared the animals had "adequate blubber layers," and it did not appear that the animals died because of "a failure to thrive."

Read more: www.wmur.com...

I feel that something really is going on here, with all these animal deaths. The fact that they can't fugure out what happened is just so odd to me. I know whales, and dolphins and such beach themselves when ill, but why so many? Why so often now? Pollution? Birds, fish etc.....

Here is a link to a map I found. This is as of January 2011.
Map of mass animal deaths in US

I know there are no simple anwsers, and there a million reason as to why this is happening. I just feel like we need to find out why so we can try and stop it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Somebody will probably swing along to tell you it's from nibiru's approaching arrival. Due to the gravitational pull, it managed to somehow heat the water and weigh down the air, causing dead animals.

Ain't it simple?

Mostly likely it's a cause from the sun effects, all the flares are microwaving the animals.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That is strange...looked up this article:

Seals Dying

And a quote from them:

NOAA spokesman Maggie Mooney-Seus tells the Portsmouth Herald ( http://(link tracking not allowed)/qNSo25) that 49 seal deaths have been reported in the three states so far. A spokesman for the aquarium says necropsies have been performed on three animals and preliminarily results show that lack of food is not to blame. Human causes have also been ruled out.

So, not human causes nor lack of food. Disease or coincidence maybe?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Somebody will probably swing along to tell you it's from nibiru's approaching arrival. Due to the gravitational pull, it managed to somehow heat the water and weigh down the air, causing dead animals.

Ain't it simple?

Mostly likely it's a cause from the sun effects, all the flares are microwaving the animals.

You crack me up Heartisblack.. for a 17 year old , you sure do ridicule others, yet come up with your own version of truth, like you have a handle on the realities of life.

If seals are being effected by "flares' so strongly..wouldn't it make sense that animals that size on land would be as well?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Seals Dying

And a quote from them:

NOAA spokesman Maggie Mooney-Seus tells the Portsmouth Herald ( http://(link tracking not allowed)/qNSo25) that 49 seal deaths have been reported in the three states so far. A spokesman for the aquarium says necropsies have been performed on three animals and preliminarily results show that lack of food is not to blame. Human causes have also been ruled out.

Yes, Disease was my thinking, but I guess I was kind of linking all the animal deaths, land and water alike. Also in the article I linked, it says that all the dead seals were pups a year old or less in variouse stages of decomp. So no other animals were eatting on them?
Love your owl BWT

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

First was the fish then birds and bees and now this.
Somebody tell me there isnt something major happening right in front of our noses!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Ain't it simple?

You crack me up Heartisblack.. for a 17 year old , you sure do ridicule others, yet come up with your own version of truth, like you have a handle on the realities of life.

If seals are being effected by "flares' so strongly..wouldn't it make sense that animals that size on land would be as well?

Who really knows? This wasn't happening as bad as it was before the solar max got started, it still might be sun related or even some sort of ELF wave within water. Please do explain the birds, I have a strand of patience to listen. We could say it's a plague within the animal kingdom but this has been happening since new year, it would've killed the animals on-land and then maybe to a few people, by now it would've killed us all. I don't know what to say about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Seals Dying

And a quote from them:

Yes, Disease was my thinking, but I guess I was kind of linking all the animal deaths, land and water alike. Also in the article I linked, it says that all the dead seals were pups a year old or less in variouse stages of decomp. So no other animals were eatting on them?
Love your owl BWT

It's strange! I'm about to say it's the effects from BP oil, or pollution, when people start dropping. I guess the "unawake" will awaken. Until then, we watch and prepare. Who really knows? I'd think some other animals would be eating them but no..........strange times we live in.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Many algal species form blooms commonly referred to as "red tides," each with distinct impacts. The New England Harmful Algal Bloom event is caused by the toxic alga Alexandrium fundyense. Blooms of this microscopic alga occur periodically in the Gulf of Maine. Red tides, also known as harmful algal blooms or HABs, can produce potent neurotoxins that accumulate in filter-feeding shellfish and other parts of the marine food web. Shellfish contaminated with the toxin from Alexandrium, if eaten in large enough quantity, can cause illness or death from paralytic shellfish poisoning or PSP. States have well-established, rigorous shellfish monitoring programs to protect human health, so consumers are assured that commercially available shellfish are safe for consumption.
source

I think red tide may be to blame. I know that it was in the southern Maine shore not too lang ago, can't find source though. Would be interesting to know how long it can stay in shellfish.
edit on 6-10-2011 by topcat7 because: source added

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
www.wmur.com...

Adding to the mystery of the seals... Dont you think its about time someone starts to explain this to us? Why is it that all these animals are dying and in unusual ways?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens all the time, it's nothing to worry about, no matter how paranoid you might be. Mass seal die-offs are usually a result of a food shortage or bad ice conditions.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
This kind of thing happens all the time, it's nothing to worry about, no matter how paranoid you might be. Mass seal die-offs are usually a result of a food shortage or bad ice conditions.

The article stated that the baby seals did not die of lack of food or current weather conditions.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natame
www.wmur.com...

Adding to the mystery of the seals... Dont you think its about time someone starts to explain this to us? Why is it that all these animals are dying and in unusual ways?

Nice find! And yes! Scientists are suppose to know these things, or atleast figure them out in a deccent amount of time. So werid really. Most of my family happens to live in Hampton NH and they are being told to stay out of the water and off the beach. In case of diesease no dout.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

My point is that it's not something to be concerned about. And I'd like to know how they can conclusively say it wasn't a food shortage.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

My point is that it's not something to be concerned about. And I'd like to know how they can conclusively say it wasn't a food shortage.

Did you read the article at all?

The aquarium said necropsies were performed on the three latest seal carcasses found, and samples of the animals have been sent out for testing, but it appeared the animals had "adequate blubber layers," and it did not appear that the animals died because of "a failure to thrive."

Read more: www.wmur.com...

Failure to thrive = either not receiving or have an inability to take in or retain adequate nutrition in order to gain weight and grow.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think this is something we should be looking at seriously... i have never in all my life being born an east coaster living most my life here heard of this.. is this a normal thing on a different coast... or a different area???? NORMAL?

www.boston.com...

Now almost a 100... what is killing all these poor animals... has there been some kind of chemical dumping?
Or are they going to say its some kind of unknown disease or mite like the bees.. think about it.. something is up.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
has anyone thought to measure how radioactive the corpses were, I wonder?

Seems to me the symptoms sound suspiciously like radiation poisoning.

The melted reactors at Fukushima have been emitting colossal amounts of radioactive particles for the past seven months. The fish there are saturated with radioactive cesium and other elements, so if those seals are eating radioactive fish, then the manner of their deaths doesn't surprise me.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

That is a very good thought... i also was thinking that... and the fact that Vermont Yankee had some issues not to long ago... but i really would like some verification on that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Wow, That is something I did not even think of, and I am sure that the scientist haven't either.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ok so now thats funny... New Hampshire and Alaska?....

www.thirdage.com...

<<   2 >>

join