It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Recently recieved an email from ATS for Manners & Decorum...your account has been deducted 1000 ATS points. OK? Point of making this thread is to ask what in the world ATS points do for me...can I buy something with them or are they just there to make me look cool? I mean seriously what are they and why should I care if I go -1000000?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They're just there for you to look cool, bruv.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I asked about the ATS Shop last year, and apparently your points were used to buy things to add to your profile, but now your profile is entirely editable and the points are unneeded.

Maybe one day we can use them for something. Like t-shirts or gear would be cool.

Here's the that thread with a bit more info: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
Recently recieved an email from ATS for Manners & Decorum...your account has been deducted 1000 ATS points. OK? Point of making this thread is to ask what in the world ATS points do for me...can I buy something with them or are they just there to make me look cool? I mean seriously what are they and why should I care if I go -1000000?

WOW! Do you have enough points left to tell us what you said in the original post??

As for the points, they just make you look cool. As you can see, I'm not cool yet!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

They used to buy access to RATS and Alt-Sub, but that was changed to need a certain number of posts instead. They contribute to your WATS Index and Karma points.

Mostly they are bragging rights.

You won't ever get to a negative 100k, you would be banned long before reaching that level. Abide by the TandC's as much as possible. On the occasionaly misstep or thing that just has to be said at all costs, accept the consequences graciously and move on. We've all had posts removed, it isn't anything to get upset over.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

lol I don't really remember what I said but I never insult anybody so it couldn't of been that bad

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

accept the consequences graciously and move on

Holy submissive...

And no, they are not bragging rights...Stars n Flags maybe, but points are nothing more than a way to control the members - at least the ones that find them important.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by getreadyalready

accept the consequences graciously and move on

Holy submissive...

C'mon now - don't tell me you've never put anything up that you knew (when you were doing it) was going to get removed... most of us have done that at least once and some, more than once...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

C'mon now - don't tell me you've never put anything up that you knew (when you were doing it) was going to get removed

TRAITOR!

Of course, and even after asking the mod 'why' and not getting a satisfactory answer, I leave it at that...

I just have issues with penalties that are subjective...

BTW - I'm going to post stalk you now...

edit on 6-10-2011 by facelift because: to kill off a smiley and spell "trader' correctly...i can't believe i just did that...holy gmmaarr

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I just have issues with penalties that are subjective...

BTW - I'm going to post stalk you now...

On occasion, you can be a likable guy and I'm in a decent mood, so I'm giving you a fair notice that I've just directed that Black helicopter (currently hovering over my building) your way... RUN!!

No, wait - it's just a News helicopter covering the protest rally... it's all good.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm still riding high off of my -1,000 points. It was at 2,000 but I've been good so far.

The points mean nothing.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Points? we don't need no steenkin points!
I forgot how to even look to see how many I have.
BTW..I am not cool yet either.

big Karma and WATS...now then.. your Cool.

Yeah, Lady Skadi removes her own posts before the mods can see them. Joking with ya ma'am!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm willing to give my 300,000 ATS points for the first member able to personally introduce me to a time-travelling Hollywood megastar.

Any takers?

Oops... make that 400,000

edit on 6/10/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: Shhhhhh...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'm willing to give my 300,000 ATS points for the first member able to personally introduce me to a time-travelling Hollywood megastar.

Any takers?

Sir, you have just met him. I'll be taking those points now

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Sure... that's easy for you to say, but can you prove to be a 'time-traveller'?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
can you prove to be a 'time-traveller'?

Who isn't?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I've been travelling all morning. I choose to move forward at 1 sec per second, but some days it feels a lot faster!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
11 O'clock, 12 O'clock, 11 O'clock, 12 O'clock.

Come on, it's fun. If you think about it, it's time travel.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sure... travelling forward in time is easy at a rate of one millisecond per millisecond.

How about going back, though. Let's see you do that. Hindsight is 20/20 but going back in time before your own birthdate has gotta be a nifty feat. Going into the future at more than 1 minute per minute would make you a wealthy man indeed (think lotteries and horseraces).

The offer of 400,000 ATS points stands for anyone who can prove they did that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join