It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless? It's your fault, says Cain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Im from South Africa and dont know much about your politics except that it doesnt make sense, but to see statements such as these coming from a presidential hopefull is very sad.

No job? Out of money? Don't blame the rich, says Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain - it's all your fault.

How insincere. Does he really blame the unemployed for the current financial situation, which is making it impossible for people to find jobs?

Im sure Herman Cain comes from a priviliged background and therefore has no idea of what it takes to become rich without the assistance of family money and connections plus ivy league universities etc.

Is anyone actually supporting this guy?

I think his comments just goes to show how out of touch these elites are with the average American. But what do you expect when all your politicians are millionaires and elitist, why not elect someone who is in touch with the common folk, who knows what its like to stress about bills and finding a job. Someone who actually have friends who are not super rich or famous. You cant expect someone who doesnt understand your circumstance to cater for your needs. How about voting for a politician who doesnt live in mansion and doesnt drive around in a limo.

You see that in my opinion is the problem with America, you have this 1% of rich and powerfull people who run the country for their own benefit while not giving a rats ass about the common folk. All your policies are catered to these people and you get left out in the cold without a voice. I cant believe that the richer you are the less tax you pay. Everyone should be paying according to their means.

Maybe its just the fluiride in your water but I cannot believe that the American people are allowing this situation to continue. By this stage the public should be in open revolt. Its basically deja vu of the way things were going in France before the revolution. Bah let them eat cake

Anyway here the full articlewww.news24.com...

I hope the American public can wake up from their slumber and kick out these elitist parasites running their country and trying to run the world, it would be better for all mankind.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Let me be the first to agree with Mister Cain,

"it's all your fault." Definately true, as YOU Americans have allowed a corrupt system to make these lizzards richer. Something about deserving the leaders.

Go march down to wallstreet and demand your wealth back.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

Hi,

I am a kiwi, but I am also disgusted by this attitude.

America, dump Cain - what an arrogant and ignorant person.

Where does he expect to get votes? From the rich, who also don't care about the plight of the poor and the jobless.

Also, may I point out that it is because of bad leadership in this world that there are no jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Herman Cain regurgitates his speech as rehearsed to appease the Tea Party. That's how you win GOP primaries. He's just 1 anti-gay-slur and 1 pro-death-penalty rhetorical speech away from the "home run".

Make no mistake, anyone in this race whose last name isn't Paul is just another partisan harlequin.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well, he just shot his presidential goals in the foot. Even if you disapprove of the Occupy Movement, you're telling everyone who isn't employed or underemployed or not being utilized for their skills or people who live below the poverty line (or near it) to ____ off. I'm sorry, I do not need another ignorant, uninspiring, useless president.

Actually, I am not sorry. Not at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Let's fire him from his job!!!
No work for you go pick in the fields, Mr Can do Cain I show what I can do ,,l,,

edit on 6-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I really see nothing wrong with what he (Cain) said.
Personal responsibility, kids.
It's what it is all about.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Says someone who wasn't "laid-off" to relocate corporate work in China.

Must be nice to be so emphatically sheltered.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here would be a good message for Mr Cain:

Since you have proved beyond doubt that you are a useless politician, what will you do now, since there are no jobs.

If I were you, I would be an obedient little politician and keep picking up my huge paycheck.

Unless you get the sack - and find out that there are no jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

Play the victim card if it helps, but I doubt you can pay your bills with it.

Personal responsibility means having to fend for yourself. It's a big scary world out there, but some still manage to get by without the help of anyone else.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So do you really believe that every unemployed person is too blame for his own unemployment?

What about the person who just graduated but cant find a job, or a person with a degree flipping burgers because the companies arent hiring.

I know how demotivating it is having a degree but not being able to find a decent job because of employment circumstances, over here its not only unemployment but also affirmative action shooting me in the foot.

Im assuming here and thus may be wrong but you probably have been employed in your job for probably 10 years, and found it when it still wasnt that hard to get hired and thus you dont know the difficulties in finding a decent jobs these days. Correct me if im wrong, but thats the only reason I can thinbk of for being insincere about unemployment.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well anyone who supports what this guy says can easily be written down on the list of "Lost Cause/Shill"

What a disgusting human being. Simply horrible and Evil.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I really see nothing wrong with what he (Cain) said.
Personal responsibility, kids.
It's what it is all about.

I...

Do not believe you.

You spend far too much time trying to tell people how they need to shelter the "job creators" more for all they do for the rest of us. Now you say this.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Partisanity

Play the victim card if it helps, but I doubt you can pay your bills with it.

Personal responsibility means having to fend for yourself. It's a big scary world out there, but some still manage to get by without the help of anyone else.

Do you actually think there is an infinite supply of wealth on Earth such that everyone could be at the top one day? Do you really believe that?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Please. Are we dealing in absolutes here?
Funny how everything is "shades of gray" for any other issue, but take one sound bite and turn it into some abhorent moral absolute is right?

If I lose my job, it is my responsibility to find another.

What is so hard to comprehend?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

Sanndy, like I said above, if you're going to deal in absolutes, specifics, then this is a waste of time.

If you lose your job, WHO'S responsibility is it, to find another?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes it is you responsibility to find another, but, it is also the states ersponsibilty to ensure that there are enough jobs for those seeking them.

They get paid to run a country, if they run it right there would be enough jobs for everyone. Stop useless spending and use those funds to create jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Funny how everything is "shades of gray" for any other issue, but take one sound bite and turn it into some abhorent moral absolute is right?

"Just get a new job", right?

Well, sorry, not everyone can still afford to fly to China to find their jobs... much less live off of less than $100/week.

You were obviously born in a pile of money because you clearly have absolutely no idea what earning it entails in this economy.

I'm worth $7 million, but you don't see me making stupid excuses for the corporate sector. Tell me, I DO create jobs, because I was once a lowly web designer trying to turn an honest buck. We may not be "black" right now but we know that people are out of work and driving themselves into debt because of the lack of jobs here at home, so we are employing as many people as possible even if it means we make no profit this year.

Why don't I get the same handouts that people like Cain want to give to massive corporations that only employ Chinese slaves... err I mean "workers", hmm? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with their hands not going anywhere near my pocket without it being lobbed off.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Sanndy

Sanndy, like I said above, if you're going to deal in absolutes, specifics, then this is a waste of time.

If you lose your job, WHO'S responsibility is it, to find another?

Ignorant. A LOT of hard working people, my self included, have been busting butt trying to find work for years. Even Mcdonalds isn't hiring ANYWHERE .I'm 38, working on my bachelors. I'd LOVE to get off food stamps. My bill aid got stopped so me and my son are entering winter while waiting for our electricity to be turned off - and that includes heat. When 500 jobs are open and 4000 people are going for those 500 positions, well... you do the math. I envy you your job security and nonchalance to the real world. You must be one of the rich 87% of this Country. I'd not wish unemployment on anyone ever because it is HELL. But I /do/ wish every rich person and upper middle class person would walk 6 months in the real world's shoes, have to live paycheck to paycheck on 300 dollars or less every two weeks IF you have work - or try to get by selling all you own just to ensure your child is fed, going to food banks, etc etc. That is the real world. Us poor are sadly comprised more and more by the middle class who are losing their jobs, homes, cars, etc too. It's not easy to find work any more. Even MCDONALDS will not hire.

I remember 10 years ago I could go to 20 jobs, fill out apps and have to decide which of the 19 I wanted as they all were going to hire me. Hm. Can't do that today. You put out 100 apps and even calling them every few days to show your interest, you're lucky to get 2 interviews out of those 100. And meanwhile the bills and rent keep coming. I'm so glad I'm against drinking, drugs and prostitution. Right now I have 24 cents to my name, have 300 for rent due on the 7th, our electric bill is totally behind, phones have been turned off for a bout a month now... yeah. life is NOT easy. once you lose a job or get laid off, that's it. Your chances to find work drop to .0000001 % it seems.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yes it is your responsibility to actively seek employment that is a given.

But when your current skill set is for a job which has been outsourced/off-shored to another country it narrows your options.

You can try for a job in mcd's/best buy/A.N. Other minimum wage job but even these are becoming harder and harder to find and get.

Where is the Government stimulus to help us in this time, oh that’s right the Government has no money as it was spent bailing out the failing banking system, so no money to help job creation schemes and no money for social security, yet taxes keep going up for those in employment (and with less people working the amount coming in through taxes decreases, so government jobs start to be cut - I guess these are federal jobs in the US).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join