It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless? It's your fault, says Cain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
reply to post by beezzer

Yes it is you responsibility to find another, but, it is also the states ersponsibilty to ensure that there are enough jobs for those seeking them.

They get paid to run a country, if they run it right there would be enough jobs for everyone. Stop useless spending and use those funds to create jobs.
It's the states responsibility to create an environment where it would allow businesses to create jobs.
I agree on everything else though.
*cheers*

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Partisanity

Play the victim card if it helps, but I doubt you can pay your bills with it.

Personal responsibility means having to fend for yourself. It's a big scary world out there, but some still manage to get by without the help of anyone else.

It's as if you're insinuating that every one who doesn't have a job, or doesn't feel comfortable with the job they have, is inherently lazy and undeserving. Sure, there are some that leach off of social welfare programs, but that isn't the majority. I believe in limited social welfare as it is, but there are exceptions. In the past, when it was easy to find a job, the unemployed would get pinned as being lazy or weak or what have you. Today, it's much, much different. If you aren't privileged in knowing someone, there's a good chance you're not going to set foot in the door. While I don't necessarily see this as fair, I understand why it does exist, just based on the sheer amount of people applying for these open positions, and being able to narrow it down because someone within the company knows them (and since they're with the company, you should be able to trust their word) makes it a lot easier. A friend of mine needed to fill an open position he had, a front desk position at a dental office, and within less than two weeks he had over 250 applicants. This is not in a major city, this is not a high paying job. When you have college graduates that have to pay their loans, which can surpass $1000 per month, and they're left with only a handful of options (see the Yale graduate at Starbucks), they have no choice but to work as hard as they can, because that's all they've got. And for what? Minimum wage? Roughly $40-$45 a day, after taxes? If you do not see the absolute inequity in this, then I really do not know what to offer you. Open your eyes.
edit on 10/6/11 by Resonant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
reply to post by beezzer

Yes it is you responsibility to find another, but, it is also the states ersponsibilty to ensure that there are enough jobs for those seeking them.

They get paid to run a country, if they run it right there would be enough jobs for everyone. Stop useless spending and use those funds to create jobs.
It's the states responsibility to create an environment where it would allow businesses to create jobs.
I agree on everything else though.
*cheers*

BEEZER.

Ok. Look. In the USA, if you haven't noticed, they outsourced millions of good jobs, to be unsuccessfully filled with minimum wage jobs. They gutted our economy, and signed the American people up for Hundreds of Trillions in Derivatives debt. They've systematically dismantled the small businessman. They're getting ready to enact draconian Austerity measures on the American people.

BUT it's NOT anyones fault! On no!!!!! Not that.

Are you for real or what? Hello.... McFly......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I just have to say that Mr Cain's attitude to people is abhorrent to me.

And non-caring, and totally evil.

And yes, I mean evil.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There's no personal responsibility in the US as it was taken away by the government looking at all the silly laws you have.

I think you are living outside of reality because say a person bakes apple pies he needs so many licenses to be allowed to sell them it's not possible without starting capital. Licenses that take away your personal responsibility.

Of course keep living that American Dream tell to yourself that anyone can make it....
The reality is that you are not responsible for yourself because of the way your system works. The licenses needed to start any operation are basically to take away responsibility and protect people from their own responsibility as they are deemed unfit to be responsible by your government.
edit on 6-10-2011 by FriendlyGopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
P.S.

Cain murdered Abel in the bible.

What does this mean?

Something, I think.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

apples and oranges.
Want to talk about WHY the jobs got lost? Fine.

But this is about YOU finding a job. It is YOUR responsibility. Is it easy? No.

No-one said it was.

But is it your responsibility?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Every time one of these rich kids opens their mouth a load of sh*t comes flooding out. They try to tell people not so well off how to live their lives while they have never been in that position. They are so out of touch it's unbelievable. We should elect people that know about life, real life. It has always amazed me that these twats get elected, they honestly haven't got a clue outside their privileged little bubble.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by thejlxc

apples and oranges.

No-one said it was.

Yes.

If you're just being literal, sweet. Then of course, rationally, it's a person's responsibility to get a job. Because we live in a while system designed around jobs and steady income. So there are a whole lot of people, literally, who have screwed over Americans to the point where soon millions will be in the streets, and it's because they have completely gutted our economy and industry, to say the least.

Hence, the outrage.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by thejlxc

apples and oranges.

No-one said it was.

Yes.

You cannot separate the two at present.

Healthy economy = jobs = Easy to get employment

Unhealthy economy = Lack of jobs = hard to get a job.

Yes of course it is your responsibility but the government (both US and UK) has allowed so many jobs to go abroad that it becomes harder and harder to find.

So less jobs going around, means less total income for the population and less taxable income for the government to take.

So less money for the government and the massive amounts the used to bail out the banks means the government increase taxes and decreased the amount of money used for jobs (this could be direct jobs like the civil service or indirect jobs through stimulus packages).

It becomes a spiral heading downwards to a depression that will rip our current society apart (no more consumer greed I guess).

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by thejlxc

apples and oranges.

No-one said it was.

Yes.

You sure had to dig deep into your brain to come up with this didn't you?

Boundless knowledge right here

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Sanndy

Sanndy, like I said above, if you're going to deal in absolutes, specifics, then this is a waste of time.

If you lose your job, WHO'S responsibility is it, to find another?

But, Beezer it is you that can be guilty of dealing in absolutes.

Of course if you lose your job, it is your responsibility to find a new one, but if there are no more Jobs, or you are left with only part time work then it becomes impossible to support your family with the increasing costs of food, energy and petrol. It's all very well having personal responsibility, but people still need there to be available employment opportunities.
What is the responsible thing to do for your family if the only work you can find is part time work, having both parents working so there is no one at home to bring up the kids. Is that responsible, making ends meet, but ignoring the emotional needs of the family.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
He doesn't get it. First off, it's not the federal governments responsibilty to provide jobs, because the only jobs they will provide is government jobs and bloated cost contracts to political doners.

It is the governments business to stop regulating private businesses and overtaxing, this creates jobs in the private sector which is the solution to our problem.

However, the big banks are at fault and it's funny he tries to take the blame off of them being an ex fed chairman.

They have taken trillions of our tax dollars, because their corporations have failed. This is unfair to the rest of us with successful businesses. They are protesting the speculation that drives up our resource prices, the banks that are enslaving us in debt, and the corporations that are tax exempt, CEO's that are being paid millions to run failing companies; and in my mind there is only one reason for the huge tax payer bonuses to CEO's....shut up money. It's not because they know how to run a business so well, it's because they know what the business is doing.

Hermain Cain is terrible for America, anyone is that will not stand up to the banksters.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Let's look at the rest of what he said.

"Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself!" he said.
"It is not a person's fault because they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for."

I fail to see the problem. Call me what you will, pout, whine and complain all you want as well.
FOR MOST OF YOU OUT THERE, THE ONLY HELP YOU'RE GOING TO GET IS IF YOU HELP YOURSELF.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
[color=skyblue]How many folks here would find it sweet justice to see the likes of people such as Beezzer, (and also Neo96) to be jobless and broke in this lifetime just for the sake of learning just how much a struggle 'real life' really is for us commoners??

These heartless wealthy snakes and shills here on these forums are getting absolutely sickening lately spewing their complete heartless ignorant out-of-touch-with-reality nonsense.

And for the record, I am employed in a profession that is a very in-demand profession. There is almost ALWAYS a job in my profession regardless of the economy and I am LUCKY and thankful for this. But for CRYING OUT LOUD, I have compassion for those who arent so lucky. To be so HEARTLESS like some of these wealthy-snakes and shills here is just way beyond me.

A few snakes and shills here truly need some struggle to come their way for the sake of changing their sick heartless attitudes.
edit on 7-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join