It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People Case Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The house I lived in was old....1840. I saw it when I was young,young enough to know it was evil. It would happen daily.Had to sleep with a light on back then,after it came at me consecutively,like weeks on end.
BTW,my parents thought i was nuts.........I had alot of strange things happen in that house or around it. When I was 5,a women was murdered in between the houses. Just a old house,but something was just wrong in it,or with it,or around it,I thought. It stopped when I was 13. My sister died in that house. I always thought this entity had some play in it. Years later,in a new home,my daughter told me she saw something in her room. I asked her what it was.She said it was a man with red eyes. I nearly fell out my chair. I ended up moving her out of the room,in fear of her getting terrorized by it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Great story and feedback i would love to keep hearing peoples stories about shadow people and or experiences

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by intrptr

The house I lived in was old....1840. I saw it when I was young,young enough to know it was evil. It would happen daily.Had to sleep with a light on back then,after it came at me consecutively,like weeks on end.
BTW,my parents thought i was nuts.........I had alot of strange things happen in that house or around it. When I was 5,a women was murdered in between the houses. Just a old house,but something was just wrong in it,or with it,or around it,I thought. It stopped when I was 13. My sister died in that house. I always thought this entity had some play in it. Years later,in a new home,my daughter told me she saw something in her room. I asked her what it was.She said it was a man with red eyes. I nearly fell out my chair. I ended up moving her out of the room,in fear of her getting terrorized by it.

So sorry to hear about your sister, my condolences. The details of your story go beyond my limited experience with these things. However, if your daughter has told you she has seen this caricature as well and in a different house, then the alarm bells are clanging in my head. The only way that can be is if the entity is attached to your family line and follows on down thru the generations. Could be a curse or even distant family ancestor still wreaking havoc from the past. You could research that by asking family elders about it. That or maybe (it) followed you from the other house, I have heard of that before. Either way, you need to look into possibilities, especially as you relate that you think it had something to do with the death of your sister, Dunno... just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Iv'e seen them...apparitions...
Solid looking ones too;
till they walk into a wall, or drop into the floor.

little light orbs...blueish-white in color...
shadowy things...smokey or brownish amorphous...
Solid flat black shadow figures..shadow orbs...
Moving objects...flipped, knocked, slid, bumped...
Odd smells from nowhere...

Here is a detail of my shadow person experience

They haunt places, things and people, but are not
necessarily bound to any one place or thing...

Call them ghost, angel or devil...even e.t., djinn; but remember...
We all have consciousness in common, and so are all bound down the same
"paths" in one way or another...

We are all "The People" Born of the Creation...

My Hypothesis:

The Aether/Ether/Astral plane, or whatever term you want to use for it, is a conduit/vibrational level/ zero point/ plane of existence that is accessible via Stellar and Planetary fields, by beings of either advanced Natural technology, Supernatural grace technology, or Supernal grace technology.
Those who use the more powerful Stellar conduit are doing so by grace of Cosmic authority, and appear within the light spectrums...
Those who are using the less powerful and more dangerous planetary conduits, are doing so under their own, or Bonded authority, and operate, with some freedom, within that dark field of geomagnetic energy...

As for who and what they are, that is varied, but all beings will fall within one of three catagories:
(Keep in mind that we are all forms of conscious awareness foci, and so, are related to each other in this regard...siblings in spirit...)

1. Natural Consciousness: Any being who is aware or becoming aware of all the aspects of incarnation within the physical world.
2. Supernatural Consciousness: All beings who are aware or becoming aware of all aspects of the Physical and Supernatural worlds, and the interactions between them.
3. Supernal Consciousness: All beings who have achieved full understanding of the physical and supernatural realms, and are currently engaged in the creation of worlds and spiritual offspring.

Just as with any other "person(s)", you will get mixed reactions/interactions with these beings.
There is no true "evil", there is only those who's foci are near dissolution from the entropic forces* that produce variation, and bonded agency serving the greater community...

*these entropic forces are technologically and naturally summoned up in the less powerfull bands of dark planetary energy to aid in the ongoing task of "new" creation...
(without a little dab of chaos, nothing "new" is ever made...)

I intuit that it takes Supernatural technology or a force of spiritual "will" to traverse stellar distances.
Unless of course you are an advanced race of terrestrial/extraterrestrial beings who have machines that can tap the zero point/Ether/Astral...whatever it is... of the supernatural realm...
UFO's often operate in a supernatural sort of way, and are tapping the Stellar Ether, and so, quite often shed and appear in forms of light morphing with solids...

Ghosts,shadow people, and Fae creatures are all of the Supernatural (with some verging into Supernal) realm, and are not necessarily able to access Terrestrial/Extraterrestrial Technology for crossing the distances...and must therefore rely on the power of their own **focusing potential to get about...

The Terrestrial and Supernatural realms exsist because of infinite and timeless Supernal Technology powered by Unified Cosmic Authority...God or "Totus Phasmatis Ut Unus."

(**Focusing and/or "Strength of Will", is/are the timeless Supernal technologies who's working parts are consciousness itself...accessible by any consciousness foci...(er...that includes you and me)...the only difference being in level of mastery and cosmic accedence...)

And now to wax a little poetic...

From the singular womb of the Dark Mother we emerge...
A new quintessence of sentience...
Held in the animated hands of the Light Father,
for all of Creation to see and be seen...

A new life of memories to be known...

A new reason for the journey to continue...

From order we are birthed..
Into entropy we go...
and in the infinities of seperation,
a new order shall be known...

A new kingdom shall be born...

A Heaven of Thine own...

Always carry on...never give up...

[color=sky blue]...Fidem Infinita...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

i've seen them once or twice, particularly when i'm being absent-minded. then when i start taking notice, they're gone.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kailin

Hah yeah they kind of remind you of the silence from Doctor Who

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This subject fascinates me. I've seen things like this a few times, but not regularly. The last experience I had was less than a year ago, I think I shared it here in another thread but I can't remember. I was on my couch and had just turned the lights out and the TV off and was relaxing, my dog was on a different couch behind me sleeping. After lying there for probably less than a minute (my eyes weren't adjusted), I saw a shadow head out the doorway and disappear around the corner. I thought it was my dog so I called to him "Where are you going?" No response (he'll usually acknowledge me somehow) so I said "Hey boy, are you listening to me?" Then I heard him move and groan at me from the other couch.

I had clearly seen a pit-bull sized black mass move across the room, it even looked like it walked on 4 legs. It wasn't one of those peripheral vision things, I probably watched it for a good 3 seconds looking directly at it.. It didn't occur to me until a few minutes later that it didn't make any noise at all. I never got a bad vibe from it, nothing else odd happened, and never saw it again.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Dead files did a show this week on shadow people. The medium seems to believe they are evil.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Good Ep,great find!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yeah it is true that they give off the feeling of evilness. From my experiences bad stuff happens - this includes physical - being punched, hair violently pulled, tripped, bed linen being pulled up etc. All happened to my family including myself and guests in the house.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
After a number of Shadow People encounters in my life, and discussion on this forum, I have come to realsise that it is a very real and common phenominan that does NOT appear to be a psychcological "glitch" in one's mind.
I am looking forward to examining this thread and reading of more accounts.
The obvious and most common entity witnessed is without doubt the robed, hooded tall being seen standing over one's bed in a state of sleep paralisis. This creature or entity has dozens of names and is documented in every culture on earth, in religious texts, classic literature etc.I believe there is a lot written in psychology journals about the cross cultural enigma.
My interest increased when I witnessed a Shadow Creature in 2010, much like a huge monkey, fly past me on a remote hiway pass in the jungles of Thailand. I would basically except that it was a glitch in my brain waves except my girl friend who was on the back of the motorbike with me also felt the presence and heard the crash as if appeared to land in the trees, so we were both highly convinced and alarmed at the physical reality of the large sihouletted being.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think the term `shadow people` is somewhat misleading, as in, it seems to be more of a large umbrella term that people apply all sorts of apparitions to. From what I can tell, a shadow person doesn`t necessarily differ from a ghost or anything else. It just seems to me there are varying abilities different people have in perceiving them.

Once when I was 7 years old, I was sleeping in my parent`s bedroom, in between them. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked at the bedroom door. I saw MYSELF running into the room (though I was lying in bed), in my pajamas. I was all glowing white, and kind of see-through. This figure (me) came running up to the bed and jumped INTO me, and then it was gone. I was only 7, so though I knew it was a bit weird, I didn`t think too much of it.

Around the same time, my older sister told me that she woke up in the middle of the night and saw me standing in her bedroom with my day clothes on. She called my name and asked what I was doing there, but I said nothing. So she got up to go over to me, but I was gone! I guess some part of me went to her room, freaked her out, and then ran back downstairs back to ME, this time in pajamas!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I used to see them when I was a child. I'll woke up at midnight without any apparent reason and there It was, a dark humanoid figure standing at someplace in our room(I used to share the room with my brother). Sometimes it was at the foot of my door the wich stands right in front of my bed, other times it was sitting alongside with my brother in his bed when he was sleeping. It didn't have a definite form It seemed as if it was made out of some sort of fog. Most of the times when I tried to focus my vision it'll vanish.. Not instantly though, it seemed to desintegrate in some sort of... little black balls. But sometimes it remained in it's place, and I just used to go back to sleep. It didn't inspired me any fear, In fact, I used to think it was one of my parents looking at us while sleeping. That was until one night I saw one of them about half a meter of distance from me. This time I could see her shape quite clearly.It was a skinny young woman with curly black hair wearing some sort of black dress.(I can't recall her skin tone, I think it was kind of white) I couldn't see her face though, she wasn't looking at me, she was in this praying like possition at the foot of my brother's bed, as if she was praying for him. It freaked me out so seeing her so I went back to my bed and covered me with my pillow and bedcover.

That was the last time I saw them.. It took me around 5 years to overcome the impression and stop sleeping with fear. In retrospective, I think she didn't mean any harm and by fearing and negatting them I think I rejected the ability to see them.I don't fear them anymore, In fact I would like to see them again, I just don't know how...

By the way, at day there used to be a lot of weird noises in my house, steps, knockings, one time there was a big noise as if someone threw all the dishes in the kitchen, but once i went to check, everything was in its place.
Sometimes there were voices, running shadows. Everyone in my house experienced at some level a paranormal effect. Though I was the only one who used to see these beings clearly. But only at night.

Once I had this major experience and started rejecting the phenomenom they started to fade out.
Still, there had been some ocassional anomalies, nothing impressive though.

Reading other poeople histories I find it curios that same as me, they woke up at the middle of the night without any reason just to witness this beings.
And my question is, why at night? And..does anybody know how to see them?

edit on 10-10-2011 by AEthereal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have seen "shadow people" for most of my life. I don't see them all of the time. Sometimes there can be months in between the times I see them. When I have seen them they typically don't seem to notice me. I have seen them crossing the street, or walking down a hall, or just standing in one spot. The sightings never last more than a few seconds at most. I never talked about them until I was an adult. At that time I thought I was going crazy. I had started hearing faint voices. Almost like I was overhearing someones conversation but couldn't make out what was being said. I don't know if the voices are related to the shadow people at all. With all of this going on I went for psychiatric help and was loaded up with antipsychotics. The meds didn't help but I kept taking them since I thought I had to be crazy. Then one afternoon I was downtown and I saw a shadowy figure walk by in the distance. After I saw it I turned and saw a woman with a shocked look on her face. Then she asked me "Did you just see that?" I was so shocked by her asking me I could only nod. I couldn't even form any words. Then I just turned and walked away. At that moment I knew I wasn't crazy and that they were real. I have been fortunate in that I have not been truly scared of them. I have been a little creeped out when I have just seen one standing still. I don't feel like they are watching me at all. It seems more like something from another dimension slips into this dimension for a brief moment. I just happen to notice them there but they don't really notice me. I have never seen any eyes. Basically just a shadow that seems to hang in the air.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm skeptical of the existence.

My wife has seen them tho in times of insomnia. With sleep medication they were not there, didn't show up or she couldn't see them. With an open mind i could say:
- not enough sleep plays tricks on the eyes
- not enough sleep opens your senses to what is hidden normally

I'm not entirely sure of the following and this is under the assumption that this is really a shadow.
Does a 4 dimensional being cause a 3 dimensional shadow in our physical 3 dimensional world? If so, this would mean that turning on the light doesn't "remove" them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by athun

We don't know what they are, they just look like shadows, so that is what we label them. What I saw looked like a solid person, but in a dark hallway, so I couldn't identify any face or type of clothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I've just joined ATS to share a couple of my experiences with shadow people. Going back 10 years. My children had been complaining of odd goings on for several weeks, the teenagers saying a bolt on the bedroom door was moving on it's own and one of them saying she could see a hanged man when she looked out onto the garden from one of the windows, my toddler kept complaining of green monsters that bounced down from the ceiling. They all had tales to tell. One night my three year old appeared at the kitchen door and said that the bouncing monsters were back and she was afraid, she did have a name for them but I have forgotten it and she can't remember either, although she can remember the events. Doing the level headed Mummy thing I took her hand and we went upstairs together so I could show her that there was nothing to be scared of. As we climbed the stairs the atmosphere changed. It was very tense, electrified is the best I can explain it, which doesnt really give it justice at all. Like nothing I've experienced before or after. I became very afraid, but hid it as best as I could for my daughter's sake. The doorway to the first bedroom had a sort of shadow covering over it and an outsized shadow human head was frantically trying to push through it chin first. It didnt seem to be aware of us. I did that thing where something that's 'impossible' cant exist and looked away and pretended I didn't see it and carried on to my daughter's room. The tenseness was becoming unbearable and I totally lost my nerve about going into her room and suggested she slept in my room instead. She said 'I bet it's really scary in there' but we went in anyway. As soon as we were in there the atmosphere went back to normal and she got into bed contendedly. I had misgivings about going back into the hallway but did and everything was back to normal. A couple of days later four of us were sat in the living room, I had my back to the door, which was open, I turned around and in the doorway was a shadow person watching us. Three of us seen it. It was the shape and size of a normal man, no clothes, or tight clothes, I couldnt see any features although one of my daughters said she could see a beard. As soon as it was 'clocked' it vanished. I felt that it was curious and mildly amused. I believe it was the same creature we had previously seen and it had managed to escape or pass over or whatever it was doing. I've had other experiences but these were the ones that made me realise these things are real.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DutyPaidinFool

Due to the multitude of witnesses, this is clearly the real deal.

I'm shocked, but also impressed how you handled the situation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join