It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Shut Down SOHO Feed, Cover Up Real-Time Stream of Earth-sized Comet Impacting Sun: Impllcations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

I dont know if its ATS, but I have noticed it of certain members. That every time there is something that makes NASA look bad they come to rescue and try to make peoples posts look bad. Anyone else noticed?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Nothing was hidden.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was no reason to publicize it. It was just another sungrazer comet, to small to be detectable until it got close enough to the sun for it to appear in the coronographs.

Was another thread really necessary?
edit on 10/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Because the old thread is buried and dead.

These folks who keep being reminded that the object is a standard sunndiver of average size, simply will not listen to any other idea but their own. "it was earth sized" and that's that..!!!

They will constantly make threads about this and Elnin and any other topic that might end the world and present Youtube vids as factual evidence. They want responses from people like Phage, so they can ignore what they say and post more of their own tripe, as if to say that these peoples opinions based on science and fact are irrelevant.

This will not be the last "EARTH SIZED" Comet thread. There will be many more ELNIN threads. Even though we all know it is gone, some people will argue plain in the face facts till people get fed up and believe them out of sheer frustration of wanting to shut them up..lol
edit on 10/6/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Dayum, good OP. Glad you showed me the vid. The hopi prophecy is linked the the return of *couch*Jesus Christ*cough*.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
This is all really interesting. I am still left wondering how anything can hit the sun and not be
torn apart or vaporized before making contact. Does anyone have any ideas?

Well, they call these comets sungrazers or sun divers. They really do not make it to the surface of the sun . They are completely vaporized way before that. It just appears that they do. If you watch the videos they do not explode they just kind of disappear.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by weirdguy
This is all really interesting. I am still left wondering how anything can hit the sun and not be
torn apart or vaporized before making contact. Does anyone have any ideas?

hoping guru Phage will explain that

inquiring minds wanna know!

Why dont you use that inquiring mind and do some research for yourself instead of always relying on Phage to do it for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Is this also why a watched pot never boils? I had to ask. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

In none of the images can the comet be seen "impacting" the Sun. The "impact" did not cause the CME.

You seem to be missing a lot.

intriguing, does anyone still believe that an impact was possible?

even if the SOHO/STEREO images are ambiguous as to whether there was an impact or just a graze?

and does anyone (here, or elsewhere?) doubt that the comet's dive at the sun is related to CME immediately following?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Something the size of Texas?? my understanding is that the 'size' was quite a lot smaller, maybe I got it wrong. I also don't see anything about 'impacts'. It's marvelous,

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

That "interaction" seems to have been very one sided.
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
There are some high quality videos there but a youtube version is also available.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

That "interaction" seems to have been very one sided.
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
There are some high quality videos there but a youtube version is also available.
www.youtube.com...

I already posted that yesterday earlier on the same thread, Also I actually thanked you for posting the one with a commentary, where mine had none?? so thanks again I don't make any relation to this post, other than they are from SDO and the text of course, in all cases including visual it is not of my origin, as I said it is an open topic. As far as SDO goes either they are looking at it or not, it's their text not mine.
edit on 6-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Oh well. Sorry for the redundancy.

It's just that the way it was worded on spaceweather.com made it sound like the comet actually had some affect on the corona.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Oh well. Sorry for the redundancy.

It's just that the way it was worded on spaceweather.com made it sound like the comet actually had some affect on the corona.

Which comet or both? I mean are all these sites a bunch of eejits, or con-men, or non-conformists or gonzos, or drama queens, That includes NASA spokesmen, since the e-mail from a NASA man on same post yesterday allows for an X-factor. Spit it out man, say what the possibilities might be, as to what a reaction/or interaction is or isn't, not the effect.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You all have been Phaged, resistance if futile.

Anyhoo... that stereo is INCREDIBLE!! I only have one question, how warm and snuggly does it make everyone when there is an "oopsie we didnt see it till it was here" comet?

I think a lot of the confusion over the comet spawning the CMEs are due to sits like this.. nice to include the animation but this line.. argh:

The consequence of the impending impact is unknown, but considering the apparent mass and speed of the impactor, the body’s plunge into the sun will likely spawn flares, sunspots and perhaps multiple CMEs.

vanshardware.com...

For me, Im no astronomer, so I rely on those who are.... unfortunate so many only are in their own minds..
Stop confusing me and making me actually have to search through things and use some of my poor abused brain to come to a reasonably non chicken little conclusion... I just recently stopped throwing rocks at the ancient satellite.

BTW, I hear there is a brown dwarf getting ready to puke on earth or something.. hurling toward Earth and all.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
@1:30 that is what is claimed.

if so, what are the implications? considering NASA discovered the Comet Friday (the very day After NEO Conference), it Impacts Sun Next Day and it holds back SOHO footage till after weekend? Hope for early warnings Null hence forth? sure looks it, by this tell-tale example!

"only after huge pressure over the weekend, finally spaceweather.com came out and said ohh, it was just a coincidence"

"NASA is simply trying to protect (the causality of?) this dirty-snowball comet model, which doesn't work"

to me, that rubs in the fact that NASA either can't predict and/or come clean about imminent dangers of imact in our neighborhood, be it the Earth itself or moon or the Sun.

so, lust imagine or infer what else they already know, but aren' yett telling?

On the top of the video, what is that moving object?
nibiru?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

how do you know the scale?

And how would that even mater anyway?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks, that was really clear.

Comets seem to get surprisingly (really surprisingly) bright as they approach they sun. I wonder, is there some sort of lensing effect of refracted and/or reflected light caused by the water vapor? Or is that brightness all simply just from reflected sunlight? That Youtube clip you embedded appears to suggest there is an unknown effect happening which is resulting in the object it is discussing getting brighter than the surface of the sun, so perhaps there may be some sort of lensing effect... but perhaps nobody can say for sure at the moment.

I guess the timing of that CME caused me to instinctively visualise the comet whacking into the sun without actually thinking about it. Now thinking about it, I'm sure if you could see the comet's progress as it passed behind the disk you would see it appear to slow down dramatically as it increased it's distance from the camera. The camera would have to be twice as close to the sun as it currently is for the sun to appear to be the size of the disc. I guess I didn't automatically take the scale of the whole scene into account.

<< 1  2   >>

join