It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Shut Down SOHO Feed, Cover Up Real-Time Stream of Earth-sized Comet Impacting Sun: Impllcations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
@1:30 that is what is claimed.

if so, what are the implications? considering NASA discovered the Comet Friday (the very day After NEO Conference), it Impacts Sun Next Day and it holds back SOHO footage till after weekend? Hope for early warnings Null hence forth? sure looks it, by this tell-tale example!

"only after huge pressure over the weekend, finally spaceweather.com came out and said ohh, it was just a coincidence"

"NASA is simply trying to protect (the causality of?) this dirty-snowball comet model, which doesn't work"

to me, that rubs in the fact that NASA either can't predict and/or come clean about imminent dangers of imact in our neighborhood, be it the Earth itself or moon or the Sun.

so, lust imagine or infer what else they already know, but aren' yett telling?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I have just posted two threads about NASA and NEO's and they seem to disappear really fast off of the new topics thread and can't find them anywhere soon after I post them. Is ATS keeping things quiet about NASA?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I saw a video on this with a link to the military and part of it had been edited out. Then when they went back and checked a little bit later it had been edited even more. There is a cover up going on.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

There is no conspiracy there.

Try the New Topics Firehose.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Silly NASA. Couldn't you just edit it right the first time?

I'm starting to think someone over there is just messing with you guys. "Occupy NASA" anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This is all really interesting. I am still left wondering how anything can hit the sun and not be
torn apart or vaporized before making contact. Does anyone have any ideas?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Seriously

It can clearly be seen on:

Secchi Stereo A and B COR2, actually COR1 gives a great close-up

SOHO Lasco C3

and

Stereo Ahead COR2 and Behind COR2
edit on 6-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
This is all really interesting. I am still left wondering how anything can hit the sun and not be

hoping guru Phage will explain that

inquiring minds wanna know!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The video I saw before it was edited even more....the comet or whatever it was looked smaller. Then it was missing some footage, it had been edited. Then it all of sudden looked bigger after the edit and went into the sun. Some people were speculating that it had been hit with a missile or something.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

hoping guru Phage will explain that

inquiring minds wanna know!

Should I be Phage for you. It was nothing just a diving comet, it happens all the time. The CME that came from the sun...nothing. There are active CME's on the sun all the time. Some periods are more active then others
Starting to wonder if Phage works for ATS

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Granted, the things coma looked like the size of a planet and it's tail was massive.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Nothing was hidden.

There was no reason to publicize it. It was just another sungrazer comet, to small to be detectable until it got close enough to the sun for it to appear in the coronographs.

Was another thread really necessary?
edit on 10/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Nothing was hidden.

There was no reason to publicize it. It was just another sungrazer comet, to small to be detectable until it got close enough to the sun for it to appear in the coronographs.

Was another thread really necessary?
edit on 10/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I was really close wasn't I
See my above Phage imitation.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Consider a chunk of ice with a diameter the size of Texas. Now you're shining a REALLY REALLY bright, incredibly hot light on it. Maybe you're even going at it with blowtorches. Or covering it with lava. It's still going to take time to melt all the way through it. Many objects simply have too much mass & thickness to be burned off by the solar radiation before impact. And keep in mind that H2O has an very high specific heat, meaning it's hard to change its temperature and phase. Thus why it takes hours to make ice cubes, and why people put water in hot water bottles.

Furthermore, what do you think happens to the mass when it's "burned off"? It just "vanishes"? Nope. Ice heading for the sun has a certain amount of linear momentum toward the sun. The resulting melted water has the same linear momentum in the direction of the sun. Steam will still have the same momentum, though it may also be ejected off at angles, and would be more prone to dissipation by the solar wind. Indeed, we saw some of the material melting/fracturing/vaporizing and forming the wider tail of the object. But not nearly enough was ejected to disperse the entire object.

Take a small chunk of ice which melts under the application of a hair dryer in 1 second. Now throw that chunk of ice at the hair dryer. Would it melt partially, fully? Would the resulting water still short something out in the hair dryer?

All about the numbers.

In the end it's all a matter of degree and composition. How big are these objects, how fast and what precisely are they made of. But I don't see any scientific impossibility or implausibility in some comets surviving to hit a star.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So the huge CME was a coincidence? Okay, sure, I'll play along. But what about the claims that the feed was made unavailable prior to the event? If true, maybe this is perhaps another coincidence? What about the early footage that brought up claims of possible editing? Disconcerting.

All together? Well worth looking into. Earlier threads on this event have been demolished by size of comet discussions and other tangents. I hope this one can take a look at the specific concerns raised and address them - either way.

edit on 10/6/2011 by Open2Truth because: punctuation mishap

edit on 10/6/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Nothing was edited. Go up to my post. Select any one of those options. Punch in 20111001 in the dates and select COR1 or COR2 or Lasco C3...it's all there, nothing hidden.
edit on 6-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Thanks for your informative reply. I assumed that the sun was so big and hot that if
things got too close they would be disintergrated and reduced to atoms. I'm glad to
be wrong because it's more interesting this way

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I donno man but your analogy seems a little off to me.

Corona 3600000 degrees F

Laser beams routinely vaporize steel, which boils at 5400 degrees F

Hair Dryer 140 degrees F

Pretty sure that object was big to survive that far.

Any other vids of sun diving comets like the recent?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle

I donno man but your analogy seems a little off to me.

Corona 3600000 degrees F

Laser beams routinely vaporize steel, which boils at 5400 degrees F

Hair Dryer 140 degrees F

Pretty sure that object was big to survive that far.

Any other vids of sun diving comets like the recent?

Yes, but the hair dryer was proposed for a tiny grain of ice which would melt in a second from the heat of the hair dryer. I guess I could have said "pebble of ice and blowtorch." Would the melted pebble of ice extinguish the torch? Sounds like a good mythbusters topic (though it isn't really a myth...)

As far as "the object was too big yadda yadda" I never said it wasn't big. Small comets would undoubtedly be vaporized before making any noticeable impact. Larger and larger comets would eventually be able to impact. What is "small"? What is "large"? You would have to run the numbers on it. From the time-code data, we have the relative position of the object with respect to time. Thus we can also approximate its velocity, and calculate the intensity of the solar radiation at any given proximity to the corona. This kind of calculation is a bit beyond what I could do off the top of my head, with a pencil and paper and calculator though.

I did make one blatant mistake, though. In the near-vacuum of space, heated ice will not convert to a liquid state due to the extremely low pressure, but rather sublime directly from solid ice to gaseous steam. I apologize for that oversight.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join