It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Admits There Is A Massive Brown Dwarf Star Hurling Toward Earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

The need for Planet X vanished with Voyager 2's fly-by of Neptune. With a recalculated mass the perturbations that were noticed in the orbits of the gas giants disappeared. As for your claim about Planet X being discovered around 2000, there were a number of trans-Neptunian objects discovered between 2000 and 2004. Of these a few have gone on to be classified as dwarf planets with many of the others under consideration for the classification. None of these objects would even come as close as Pluto. As for the IR picture, I'm not sure what you're talking about there unless you're referring to the 1984 article about unidentified objects in the IRAS data.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

You could save yourself a lot of worry (and time) by getting a basic education in astronomy rather than relying on dodgy youtube clips and questionable news articles. You'd then be able to work most of the answers out for yourself.

You'd also know that a planet couldn't just pitch up on the other side of the Sun without it either being seen visually or the effects on the orbits of the planets (including Earth) being detected.

May I recommend this...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317932641&sr=1-1

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

to be specific, a tenth planet was theorised to account for an anomaly in the gravitational model of our solar system, and they even got an IR picture of it before it disappeared off the face of the planet entirely. the theory is its hiding in the oort cloud, which itself is unproven. which is just wonderful.

Not going to say you are fibbing. Rather I think you are a bit off on your search. That claim of IR picture comes from a misrepresentation of a newspaper article from the Washington Post. That's from 1983. The search for planet X ended in 1989 when Voyager II flew by Neptune and showed that the estimated mass was off by 0.5%. The corrected mass made the 10th planet search moot.

Hope these dates help you locate what you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

or Saturn doing a 45 degree flip,

Yes, that was a really funny one. If some "scientist" does not know that an astronomical telescope does not "side-correct" (it's not needed since there is no "up or down" in the sky) -> all images through a scope are upside down / and sides reversed!!

He compared the pics taken through a telescope with the "right" (corrected) pictures from somwhere and concluded that "Saturn flipped".

The sad thing is, when i was a little kid of 10 years old i knew that already. (You know, you can buy books and stuff and sometimes actually learn things..)
edit on 6-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumminDude

Ignore him, Phage, another disinfo agent. No one can deny this entire planet is under SEVERE distress, as well as our solar system. Phage doens't want to talk about Pluto turning red (from iron oxide brown dwarf dust, explains ancient texts regarding water turing red, 1/3 fishing dying etc) or Jupiter losing a stripe, or Saturn doing a 45 degree flip, or Jupiter and Venus brighter than EVER , Tsunamis every other year now, record Tornadoes this past spring.

Your explanation for Pluto's color change is wrong. It does not explain ancient texts. Jupiter loses a stripe often. Saturn has not flipped. Jupiter and Venus are not brighter than ever. Tsunamis are not rare. They do happen every year. The tornadoes were records for recent times, not historically.

yeah, just keep ignoring all this and pretend that you driving in your SUV is causing all this. REmember, our whole solar system is being perturbed. Phage has a problem there. He cannot deny all those changes and a PRIMARY cause would be an extra object in our solar system. We cannot see everything out there in all the spectrums. Denying that we know everything going on, especially with BS-kings NASA telling us all is well is a big mistake.

Pretending that something special is happening is a fantasy. Pretending that there is a new object in the solar system and it has special powers that cause tornadoes and tsunamis and changes in albedo is actually funny.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Hiding behind the Sun? How quaint! That's not possible since it would still have effects on the rest of the solar system that would be detectable.

If you like the idea of hiding behind the Sun then watch the abysmal movie Melancholia. It is a well shot, but boring movie.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
reply to post by ColAngus

Have you been paying attention to anything that has been going on lately. Fireballs are raining from the sky, weird weather, earthquakes everywhere, etc. There is even a crazy meteor shower coming on October 8, 2011 with 1,000 meteors per hour. These are not normal times and most people realize this.

About 2000 (or was it 20.000?) pieces of space debris/meteors etc. are daily raining down on our planet, most of them burn up in the atmosphere, some smaller pieces actually make it through occasionally.

Spectacular meteor showers are actually "rather" common, you can check lists with the dates of the "best" and most spectacular meteor showers in any beginner's astronomy book, online etc..etc...

If Earth goes through a comet's tail or its remnants, such meteor showers are even more spectacular.

Sorry to disappoint - but for space and such things to be fascinating you do NOT need some stupid doomsday theories. Also..you look like a fool because on one hand it's clear that you dont have a lot of knowledge in those matters - THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM - the problem is that you call the people who do know the things "disinformation agents" and "derailing your thread". This is what makes you look like a fool.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

How about you buying a telescope for yourself, and actually start looking at the stars???? ... and whist you are at it, write some software trying to (accurate simulate our current solar system), and when everything correlates with the movements of the planets which has been known for the last couple of hundred years, and then throwing in a brown dwarf, and see the effect that has on the orbital elements of the outer planets ..... once you have done that, AND can show that the current orbits of the planets fit in with your model, THEN I will listen to you .....
edit on 6/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Phil Schneider talks about it here, THIS IS IN 1996, a few weeks before he was murdered.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

not to mention the fact that different types of telescopes invert the images in different ways, not just up or down, but then mirror images as well (i.e. left becomes right, and so on), just depending on how many optical elements (and mirrors) there are in the optical path.......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

So what does Phil Schneider have to say before he died? Few suggest he was murdered. Please give us a synopsis of a person that claimed over 10 murder attempts on himself. Please tell us what this person said that made up stories like surviving a human vs aliens battle.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What does anyone know about the myths some link Sirius system to ours, and say that our binay star is Sirius B. Others say its Jupiter, for some reason. What do others know about the possiblity of what we're connected to?

I always thought we were a part of pleiades, orbitting aclyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

We are not close to the Pleiades or Alcyone. That simply is impossible. Alcyone is 370 light years away. How could we be orbiting that star when so many more are closer?

Sirius B orbits Sirius A. It's 8.6 light years away and is another reason Alcyone can't be a star we orbit.

What do others know about the possiblity of what we're connected to?

We are connected to other stars by gravity. That is what shapes our solar system and the universe. We are not orbiting any of these other stars.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
What does anyone know about the myths some link Sirius system to ours, and say that our binay star is Sirius B. Others say its Jupiter, for some reason. What do others know about the possiblity of what we're connected to?

Sirius is about 8.6 light years away, which although relatively close, it's too far away for us to be linked to it. Sirius B is its binary companion. Its distance from Sirius varies between 8.1 and 31.5 AU (AU= Astronomical Unit which is the mean distance of the Earth to the Sun which is 93,000,000 miles).

Sirius Wiki

Jupiter is a 'gas giant' planet in our solar system and that's all. There used to be speculation that it was a failed star, but it's now known that it doesn't have the mass.

Gas Giant Wiki

The Pleiades is an open cluster of young stars just starting to make their way out into the galaxy as they are gradually moving apart. They're 400 light years away which is too far for us to be associated with them. Also our Sun is now middle aged and the young stars of the Pleiades might find him a little bit embarressing to be with.

Hubblesite Pleiades

Aclyone is a star in Taurus (along with the rest of the Pleiades) and is about 370 light years away - again that's too great a distance to be associated with us in any way other than sharing the same galaxy.

Aclyone wiki

edit on 6/10/11 by Insomniac because: Typo's

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by ATSGUY

So what does Phil Schneider have to say before he died? Few suggest he was murdered. Please give us a synopsis of a person that claimed over 10 murder attempts on himself. Please tell us what this person said that made up stories like surviving a human vs aliens battle.

There is allot of info on him, sure there is controversy over his death and literally everything he said. Just watch some of his videos on youtube, they will probably explain it better than me.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Can't you at least give a quick overview why you linked to the video?

I think the guy was a fraud. I might watch the video if there was a reason to do so. Right now I have no reason to use my time for that purpose.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

We're connected to the other stars via actual cables/ribbons, not exactly gravity. Gravity is more the duality. A charge of electrons or polarity.

But I didn't think we could be related to Sirius. That means if we're like most systems in a binary, our binary could be anything.

I've always considered Jupiter a failed potential, and that during some cataclysmic passing, it may have collided with something else, perhaps even tiamet, and blew off most of its mass. So no matter what some say now, that is still not ruled out. It may have been pulled into the sun's gravity.

But something is out there, besides the magnetic ribbons, besides the incoming energy, something else.

The thing is, nibiru and wormwood are not the same thing.

And wormwood is coded in the bible, in the hopi and mayan, and ancient documents. There is a bible code that contains astrology.

We have directly overhead a once in 10 000 year cycle of Virgo giving birth the planets and the sun on Oct 16, basically Rev 12.

If those documents contain the information that I believe they do, passed on to those with mystery school knowledge, then we have a wormwood heading our way.

And some other events too.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just when i thought we were over all this Elinin crap, Sigh!
here we go again.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If you would like to see what people are saying is the brown dwarf star, go to www.google.com... type in leo in the search box, then push infrared and zoom out 2 times...it is to the right.

While we are at it, go to www.google.com... type in mercury, click infrared and then zoom out 2 times and then look to the left. What is that under the black out box. Anyone know? It has been like that for months.

look at the historical view kind of tells you, for the leo one in the historical view theres a star slightly to the right of what your telling us to look at

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

I'm sorry to destroy the whole purpose of your nice little thread here, but in no way CNN "Admits There Is A Massive Brown Dwarf Star Hurling Toward Earth" in the link you have provided.
Enough with the Fear mongering and grow up a little bit.
I'm not denying the existence of this supposed brown dwarf nor am i supporting this whole planet x or whatever they call it these days stuff. You have made a thread with an awfully dishonest and misleading title. Change it if you have a little shred of integrity.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join