It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Admits There Is A Massive Brown Dwarf Star Hurling Toward Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So the media was making fun of people who were saying there was a brown dwarf star coming toward earth are now admitting that it is. The fact is that they have known about this since at least 1999. They say it is far away still but they have been known to be liars. Other sources say it is much closer. Could explain all the strange things that have been happening with the sun and meteors.

theintelhub.com...
articles.cnn.com...

Is this the reason for all there Deep Underground Military Bases?

Could this be wormwood spoken of in the Bible?

If you would like to see what people are saying is the brown dwarf star, go to www.google.com... type in leo in the search box, then push infrared and zoom out 2 times...it is to the right.

While we are at it, go to www.google.com... type in mercury, click infrared and then zoom out 2 times and then look to the left. What is that under the black out box. Anyone know? It has been like that for months.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

And just as I suspected it's the same thing we've seen numerous times now. What is being discussed in that video is Tyche. Tyche is a hypothetical planet 25,000 AU away that is supposed to explain the orbits of long-period comets. If it exists it never gets closer than 25,000 AU. This was hypothesized by two of the originators of the Nemesis hypothesis. Nemesis was a hypothetical brown dwarf at least 50,000 AU away that was used to explain a periodicity in mass extinctions. This periodicity was found to not exist so the need for Nemesis vanished. So, far Tyche has not shown up in the WISE data and the vast majority of astronomers don't expect it to.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Interesting.
Hope someone can answer your question about the mercury coordinates though, looks cool.

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nope.

CNN just talked about the theory that there may be a massive object in the outer reaches of the solar system. The theory has been around for a while but so far there isn't a lot of evidence. A couple of guys hope there will be some soon.

Astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette think data from NASA's infrared space telescope WISE will confirm Tyche's existence and location within two years.

No "admitting". Nothing about it "hurling" toward Earth.
news.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
the star vomited ?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Since 1984:

en.wikipedia.org...

Besides the galactic tide, the main trigger for sending comets into the inner Solar System is believed to be interaction between the Sun's Oort cloud and the gravitational fields of near-by stars[3] or giant molecular clouds.[34] The orbit of the Sun through the plane of the Milky Way sometimes brings it in relatively close proximity to other stellar systems. For example, during the next 10 million years the known star with the greatest possibility of perturbing the Oort cloud is Gliese 710.[39] This process also serves to scatter the objects out of the ecliptic plane, potentially also explaining the cloud's spherical distribution.[39][40]

In 1984, Physicist Richard A. Muller postulated that the Sun has a heretofore undetected companion, either a brown dwarf star, a dim red dwarf star or a gaseous giant planet, in an elliptical orbit within the Oort cloud. This object, known as Nemesis or Tyche, is hypothesized to pass through a portion of the Oort cloud approximately every 26 million years, bombarding the inner Solar System with comets. However, to date no direct evidence of Nemesis has been found, and many lines of evidence (such as crater counts), have thrown its existence into doubt.[41][42] One star survey using parallax measurements in order to clarify local star distances, the WISE mission, is currently underway with part of its mission being to help with either proving or disproving the Nemesis hypothesis.[43] The analysis of this survey is expected to be completed by 2013. Two other planned astronomical missions, the Pan-STARRS and the LSST astronomical surveys may also be able to aid in resolving the debate over the existence or non-existence of a Nemesis companion star to our Sun.[44]

A somewhat similar hypothesis was advanced by astronomer John J. Matese of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2002. He contends that more comets are arriving in the inner Solar System from a particular region of the Oort Cloud than can be explained by the galactic tide or stellar perturbations alone, and that the most likely cause is a Jupiter-mass object in a distant orbit.[45]

So this is just CNN regurgitating something interesting they just read. There's nothing new.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

What is that I am seeing on google sky then? Why is CNN saying there is a brown dwarf star?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Could this be the brown dwarf that ET_MAN talked about that is going to come around October 11, 2011?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Specific post:

Originally posted by ET_MAN
1) A large ‘celestial object’ “wormwood” traveling at incredible speed from deep space passes through our inner solar system.

2) As this immense ‘red’ object passes between the Sun and Earth, it develops a large tail-similar to that of a comet but much more lethal. As this tail sweeps across the Earth, a rain of ‘red dust’ and ‘fire’ falls from the sky, causing a conflagration to envelop the Earth. The ‘red dust’ (Iron oxide) makes the Moon turn to red, turn water to ‘blood’ and makes it look as if ‘blood’ has enveloped the land.

3) As this object quickly passes the Earth, its large gravitational effects cause the rotation of earth to momentarily stop, making the stars, Sun and Moon appear to sit motionless in the sky. As this object continues to pass the Earth, its gravitational effect ultimately causes a complete shift in earths axis of rotation-thus making the stars, Sun and Moon appear as if they are now moving strangely in the sky. In reality-it’s the Earth that’s moving –not the sky.

4) As the Earth tips over in space, violent winds from in the atmosphere and great stress is placed on the tectonic plates comprising the crust of earth, resulting in global earthquakes and numerous volcanic eruptions that send huge amounts of volcanic ash into the atmosphere. Both the volcanic ash (and the dust from blowing winds), eventually blocks out the light of the Moon and Sun altogether, turning day into night-causing darkness to envelope the land.

5) As the Earth stops rotating and then tips over in space, large volumes of seawater spill out of the oceanic basins, pouring in over the land- producing ‘great’ floods’ with giant waves (tsunamis) as “high as mountains” This principle can be simplistically demonstrated by filling a bowl full of water and then placing it on a flat table. Now quickly push the bowl away from you and see what happens. Water spills out of the bowl in the opposite direction from which the bowl is pushed. This is essentially what happens to the oceans when earths poles shift.

6) Once “wormwood” passes the Earth, which may only take several days, it would swing around the “Sun” and head back out into deep space-only to return again thousands of years later.

7) In the meantime back on Earth-the flood waters would begin to drain back into the oceanic basins (causing land to reemerge from the sea), the earthquakes would subside, the sun and moon would reappear in different places due to the new position of the Earth’s axis of rotation.

If you are among the survivors of this event, you would then crawl of your stronghold to an awful mess. Your civilization would be gone and you would have to “begin again as children”. You would tell future generations stories of a time when the Sun “changes directions” in the sky causing a “Great Flood” to envelop the land-destroying most of the old world and everything in it. The wildlife remnants and human survivors would once again have to begin all over.

If you were like the Maya, Aztecs, Sumerians or ancient Chinese, future generations might develop an ‘obsession’ with the motion of the heavens in order to be able to predict the coming of the next great ‘destructive cycle’.

If you were like the Inca, you just might develop a ‘doomsday anxiety’ using the ritual of human sacrifice in order to keep the Sun and Moon moving in their current direction this preventing a recurrence of the cataclysmic event from reoccurring. You would turn the land ‘red’ with human blood so the ‘celestial demon’ from above would not turn it ‘red’ with it’s blood below.

As days turn into years and years into millennia, the memory of the great ‘cycle of destruction” might begin to fade, or be forgotten again all together. But unfortunately, the return of this ‘celestial object’ and the destruction it causes is not dependent on human memory, belief or theories; it obeys only the destructive whims of the universe and cares not for human opinion. The (Brown Dwarf) object is on its own schedule- and will reappear with little warning and once again cause the end of another age/yuga.

The similarities in the “historical records” of ancient cultures cannot be denied. The fact that so many of the ancient civilization/cultures describe the passage of a terrible ‘red’ comet, bizarre motions of the Sun, Moon and Stars, similar geophysical upheavals, and ‘four” past cycles of destruction-is not coincidence. I will leave it at that for now but in due time will be releasing an entire website full of detailed information that gives you all the facts you need to hear and know. Continued.

edit on 5-10-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Woo! That sounds like one big momma. They can't determine the mass nor the distance from us? But if CNN says it's true, then must it be?

I hope scientists will elaborate more on this one way or another. Too many of us have had it with all the warnings of doom and gloom and things hitting us or flipping us.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This has been known for quite some time, however whether or not it was in our solar system, as in closer than pluto, don't you think we would have found it for ourselves?

When trying to figure out how the solar system formed and such, the orbit of the four gas giants; Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, scientists found that they would eventually take each other out due to their own masses. However when a fifth larger gas giant was put into the simulation, they found the results near perfect to our own, current lay out.

The fifth planet? Well apparently the planet had a close call with Jupiter which caused it's trajectory to be put off and it was effectively 'booted out' of the solar system.

This along with other theories such as a binary star system answer the weird orbits of Neptune.

earthsky.org...

Although opposing that view is this one; www.scientificamerican.com...

Which basically indicates a large brown dwarf will pass through the Oort cloud and send a few hundred comets into the inner solar system. Jupiter should play guard but hey, who knows? I mean the article was last year and it's the last we've heard of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi: According to the link you posted CNN had several articles dating back to 1999. the most recent I could find was dated April 15, 2005 which to me doesn't seem like breaking news. Read some of this a long time ago on CNN so my question is, What relevant new article has CNN posted lately? Has my browser refused to load something? Which by the way does happen from time to time.
DH

link   
Does anyone know what is under the black box in google sky?

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by kwell

The thing you are seeing in Leo is a star called CW Leonis.
The thing you are seeing to the left of Mercury is another star.

CNN said that because they are idiots when it comes to anything having to do with science.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Hi: According to the link you posted CNN had several articles dating back to 1999. the most recent I could find was dated April 15, 2005 which to me doesn't seem like breaking news. Read some of this a long time ago on CNN so my question is, What relevant new article has CNN posted lately? Has my browser refused to load something? Which by the way does happen from time to time.
DH

I only posted those older articles to show you they have known about it since 1999. Did you look at the first article that is the recent one.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Your first Google Sky "anomaly" is CW Leonis. This is an oft-studied carbon star many light years away. I'll need to search for what the second one is. I know it's been discussed on here before and it was a mundane object. I just can't for the life of me remember what its name is. Finally, instead of getting your science from a news outlet maybe you should actually look for the original source article. I'll even help you out on this one.

Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Since the Mercury image is the property of NASA, I wonder why they blacked out the image. Not only that but such a poor job of it leaving half of it showing. Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kwell

The thing you are seeing in Leo is a star called CW Leonis.
The thing you are seeing to the left of Mercury is another star.

CNN said that because they are idiots when it comes to anything having to do with science.

No way. If they were stars you wouldn't have to push on the infrared. Those are the strangest stars that I have ever seen and why do they keep the black box over the one. Don't tell me it is because they haven't updated...it has been months.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

Originally posted by DavidsHope
DH

I only posted those older articles to show you they have known about it since 1999. Did you look at the first article that is the recent one.

Yes I did look at that link: but I did not find a relevant link back to CNN on it: I didn't really want to take the Intel Hubs word for the fact they quoted CNN unless I could find a link to them. Maybe I missed something. Is the Intel Hub part of CNN or something? There must be a relevant article on CNN somewhere that is current. Others have eluded to it, I just couldn't find it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kwell

Your first Google Sky "anomaly" is CW Leonis. This is an oft-studied carbon star many light years away. I'll need to search for what the second one is. I know it's been discussed on here before and it was a mundane object. I just can't for the life of me remember what its name is. Finally, instead of getting your science from a news outlet maybe you should actually look for the original source article. I'll even help you out on this one.

Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud

Do you have a link thats not a million pages long?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Google Sky does not update their images. If I remember correctly their infrared images come from IRAS, which hasn't been operational since 1983.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join