It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Please stop whanging each other over the head with aluminum baseball bats.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

yay my best friend.

Thanks for your help.

Even though I was doing a bit of hitting back myself.

My apologies to everyone for getting sucked in by a troll.

Back on track guys!

Anyway, what can I say? Yeah, Steve Jobs was an amazing innovator and had a major impact on the computer industry as well as many other industries. His death will impact the industry.

Like him or not, he has done lots and lots for the computer industry.

RIP.

Peace and love to his family and friends

EDIT TO ADD: Don't let the big bad super mod scare you away. Bottom line is as long as we all follow the T&C it's all good.

edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Please stop whanging each other over the head with aluminum baseball bats.

Thank you

Wow finally some common sense brought into this thread..
I have to respectfully disagree though,
I would liken the attacks to a *low blow below the belt*.....

I am just glad to see people being able to have a meaningful discussion
about a great, brilliant, bodacious, enterprising, iconic, inventor Steve Jobs RIP brother....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

a great, brilliant, bodacious, enterprising, iconic, inventor Steve Jobs RIP brother....

This is true. Hey he even had his own signature style, with those tennis shoes, blue jeans and black shirt.

The man will be forever remembered.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
No matter how you feel about Jobs he did impact the lives of most Americans.

No he never really invented anything himself, Woz deserves the credit for that, and Xerox if you want to be accurate. Watch the film "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" if you want the whole story about Apple and Microsofts early days, it uses insider accounts to give an accurate portrayal of how both companies got started.

Yes he was a bit of a kook, living in ashrams, eating nothing but apples for a couple years, pitting divisions within Apple against each other causing some serious morale issues, deadbeat dad initially, etc...

But he knew his customers, and he provided the goods.

He found a way to get customers to pay a lot more for a little extra, that's no small feat.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I would go with his biggest innovation being when he took the idea of the mouse and had it reconstructed so it would be easily learned and used by everyone.
I'm not an Apple fanboy, but this guy was an innovator no doubt about it.

Me either. As I said, my family owned an Imac years ago.... That's about it...I am a PC guy.

But yes, he was an amazing innovator.

Dude you keep contradicting yourself. You say you really didn't like him , but then make statements such as, "he was an amazing innovator." You know you don't usually praise things you don't like. Anyways back on topic, I don't understand why any human being should receive so much reverence period. Stop comparing him to The Beatles.

Your statement of The Beatles being the greatest band is your opinion. Not everyone agrees with that statement so I think it's a little stretch for you to be making these analogies. It's sad that a human being died yes but don't you think it's a little ironic to be posting this on a conspiracy theory website. I know it's headline news but this thread is full of much hypocrisy. Don't you want to discuss the future of the company or its policies instead. Stop obsessing over this. You have already atrracted a large number of trolls.

2 cents
Peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Completely agree with everything you posted. Jobs was an amazing marketer, that he gets credit for. Just never been a huge fan.

link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

A lot of his behavior was very.... eccentric... I guess you could say. I don't know that much about him, I admit. Didn't know about him being a dead beat dad. So that is sad to hear on a personal level, actually.

He was a genius in marketing and he took ideas and made them work better than many others thought possible. This was the Genius of Steve Jobs. He took good ideas and made them better.

link   
Double post.

Sorry.

edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

This was the Genius of Steve Jobs. He took good ideas and made them better.

Looks like we finally agree. Glad to have you on board!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MustNotSpeak

I have already explained that the beatles analogy was not mine. I was replying to some one who made it...

As for contradicting myself saying that I don't like him but he is a great innovator.... "Dude", I don't like that WW2 happened, but it surely changed the world in many good ways... Many bad too.... It is not a contradiction...

It is an opinion. I do not like apple personally, but his work, cannot go ignored. He had a huge impact on the world....

As for everything else. I have already apologized for getting off track and responding to posts that I really should have just ignored.

If you feel you want a personal apology, then I humbly apologize to you as well, for getting off track in this thread, which is supposed to be about the death of Steve Jobs.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I guess theres less Jobs in America today than there was yesterday.

edit on 5-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MustNotSpeak

Your statement of The Beatles being the greatest band is your opinion. Not everyone agrees with that statement so I think it's a little stretch for you to be making these analogies. It's sad that a human being died yes but don't you think it's a little ironic to be posting this on a conspiracy theory website. I know it's headline news but this thread is full of much hypocrisy. Don't you want to discuss the future of the company or its policies instead.

2 cents
Peace.

Lets not split hairs here, IT IS IRONIC,
the iphone 4 plus was just announced today.
Here is the theory,people believe Jobs actually has been dead for a while (a few days)
and THAT is why the iphone 4 plus (which people are calling a dud)

Five reasons people are calling the iPhone 4S a dud
www.cnn.com...
was released today and his death announced at the same time not by his family but his business..
( there is nothing new about it, I would be pissed if i was an iphone fan and boycott this crap)
NO SUCH THING AS COINCIDENCE.
So people will feel almost obligated to go and buy this new gadget (which is crap) because APPLE
is using Steve Jobs as a martyr now to push the new product....
If you do not call that a conspiracy then there is no such thing..
So they waited for the official announcement date to officially announce the *new* iphone AND
Steve Jobs death...
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Domo1

This was the Genius of Steve Jobs. He took good ideas and made them better.

Looks like we finally agree. Glad to have you on board!

That is what I have been saying, just not in so plain of terms.

I will try to be more clear next time...Since I guess I was not clear at all in this thread. Lots of people are just misunderstanding me and where I was coming from...

Like you, I don't really like apple or Steve Jobs... as I have been saying... Like you, I feel he is an amazing innovator who took good ideas and made them better...

Maybe unlike you, I think his making these ideas better, revolutionized the industry.

link   
MAn I normally don't care much when celebrities die. No Offense, I pray for them and their families, but so many have so many scandals but It just doesn't affect me much.

But this guy was a true visionary, he helped create the stuff that I use just about every day. A guy who put the nerd in me.

Inspirational guy.

edit on 5-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

True role model.

I'd maybe do a little more research before you call him a role model. Yeah he was rich and a great marketer but there are some skeletons in that closet.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I guess he is now head honcho over I-cloud, R.I.P.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Lets not split hairs here, IT IS IRONIC,
the iphone 4 plus was just announced today.
Here is the theory,people believe Jobs actually has been dead for a while (a few days)
and THAT is why the iphone 4 plus (which people are calling a dud)

Five reasons people are calling the iPhone 4S a dud
www.cnn.com...
was released today and his death announced at the same time..
( there is nothing new about it, I would be pissed if i was an iphone fan and boycott this crap)
NO SUCH THING AS COINCIDENCE.
So people will feel almost obligated to go and buy this new gadget (which is crap) because APPLE
is using Steve Jobs as a martyr now to push the new product....
If you do not call that a conspiracy then there is no such thing..
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

I don't know... I think it is... I mean, ever since the launch of the first Iphone, they have come out with the replacements pretty rapidly. I mean, pretty much as soon as they finish the latest one they start work on the next one.

But yes, I have heard that the latest Iphone is not so much an Iphone 5 as it is an Iphone 4gs... Not that much of a difference. I think they said the antennae was stronger... Something about the camera.... That is about it...

But I digress... It was bound to happen this way... He was sick and dying apparently. With as rapidly as they come out with the new model, I don't find it all that odd that he died before the release of the latest Iphone.

but I can hear the news now though " Steve Jobs, Former CEO of Apple, and creative mind behind the new Iphone 5, has died"....

It wont hurt sales, that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Dude to be honest I'm bored and just wanted to taste some delicious Apple fanboi tears. Sorry I focused on you, just wasn't getting many bites. I actually agree with almost everything you've said. Admit it was kinda fun.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join