It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Delaying his death announcement to reveal the new iDevice? I wouldn't put it past them.

That's a good point. Hadn't thought of that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by mblahnikluver

RIP Steve Jobs, your contribution to the tech world will not be forgotten!

He didn't contribute anything to the tech world, just the business world. Woz is the one you're thinking of.

Im not arguing with you. I AM one of the fanboi's of Apple and Steve's like you called Gimme. Don't even go there with me....I love Apple and I love my iPhone, Macbook Pro and my Apple tat...They are the only tech products I have used that don't make me want to pull my hair out!

/ignored

I know all about Apple and both deserve credit.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Who says he really died from cancer?

What is a bit fishy to me, is how I've heard the announcement of his death was delayed a possible 1-2 days, and why is the announcement coming from Apple directly instead of from the family.

You know that is a good point. I don't know that his cause of death has been confirmed. I had barely even known that he had cancer.... Apparently he was struggling with it as of late, and I guess that is why he resigned?

I guess it is just the most likely cause of death.
edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

So basically, somewhere in a board room, the decision was made to reveal the new iDevice first. Delaying his death announcement for sake of good business practice. I wouldn't put it past them.
edit on 5-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

I'm going to have to respectfully agree...
Actually the iphone 4 plus (which is being called a big dud)
was released today, quite a coincidence if you ask me...
www.cnn.com...
Because everyone was expecting an IPHONE5

Trying to make Mr. Jobs out to be a martyr...
Marketing skills have been passed on very well..
Apple will be just fine or better because he has passed now.
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

This is the real genius of Steve Jobs. Attracting techno cult members. You marked your skin with a corporate logo? Why on Earth would you do that to yourself. An inferior brand too...
edit on 5-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If feeding the trolls for a bit ( I.E You) after I told you to not tease others for having an opinion, and you continued to troll.... makes me a liar...

Than I am a proud liar.

If encouraging others to stick to the T&C makes me a liar. Then I am a proud liar.

For future reference, when people are trolling, I will ask them to stop and to obide by the T&C. If you cannot handle that, then maybe do not go in my threads.

Ladies and Gentleman,You heard it from Domo, Telling people to follow the T&C Makes me a liar.

I am a liar and I am proud.

By the way... Way to completely misconstrue my reverse troll comment as well...

RIP Steve Jobs.

You will be missed...Just not by Domo. Domo hates you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

You make a good point actually. Everyone expects the iPhone 5 to be coming out, Steve Jobs passes away fanbois like the OP go out and buy his products as a final I love you to their glorious leader/martyr.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I met him five years ago at the fair. He seems like a smart guy RIP.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I may not be a huge Apple fan, but I have always recognized that Steve Jobs and Apple had always been behind some of the most revolutionary technology that we have today.

Apple II, IMac, IBook, Ipod, Itunes, Iphone, "apps", Ipad...I guess we will never know what would of been next.

RIP Steve Jobs.

edit on 5-10-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The question mark was me scraching my head. Cancer is a nasty way to die. I honestly hope nobody you know ever gets it. Why turn an obituary into a "Steve Jobs never did anything usefull" thread?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If feeding the trolls for a bit ( I.E You)

I'm in no way trolling. I just disagree that Steve Jobs was this mighty inventor.

For future reference, when people are trolling, I will ask them to stop and to obide by the T&C. If you cannot handle that, then maybe do not go in my threads.

I take that as an admission that you were wrong to call me a troll as you have never asked me to stop. I will go into, and participate in whatever thread I feel like. Again, thank you for the suggestion.

RIP Steve Jobs.

On that we can agree. I hope he finds peace and happiness.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You make a good point actually. Everyone expects the iPhone 5 to be coming out, Steve Jobs passes away fanbois like the OP go out and buy his products as a final I love you to their glorious leader/martyr.

There is always more to the story...

I think the nail has been hit on the proverbial head..

They had this planned because they knew no one (with a brain)
would go out and spend 800 dollars on a *new iphone* which there is
hardly anything *new* about it, without them pronouncing him dead today...

I mean it truly IS MARKETING GENIUS!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

They had this planned because they knew no one (with a brain)

Seriously. I know you love Apple but don't fall for this OP. Your old iPhone is still good.

I mean it truly IS MARKETING GENIUS!!!!

It really is, or else the best coincidence a company has had in awhile. Apple needs to knock that stuff off, and people need to quit falling for it. Coming out with an iPhone 4 AGAIN and getting people to ditch their model for a few new gizmos is craziness.

link   

link   

I would go with his biggest innovation being when he took the idea of the mouse and had it reconstructed so it would be easily learned and used by everyone.
I'm not an Apple fanboy, but this guy was an innovator no doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
sad news.

I have to say I am puzzled by the credit he gets for inventing things. he put it in a nice package, but it was really design elements he sold, not true innovation. he was basically the task master who kept telling his team to keep going until it was perfect

that is what he really should get credit for
edit on 5-10-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I would go with his biggest innovation being when he took the idea of the mouse and had it reconstructed so it would be easily learned and used by everyone.
I'm not an Apple fanboy, but this guy was an innovator no doubt about it.

Me either. As I said, my family owned an Imac years ago.... That's about it...I am a PC guy.

But yes, he was an amazing innovator.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I'm in no way trolling.

Then do me a favor and quit calling names such as fanboi. That is a personal attack and I have already clarified that I do not like Apple products and I don't really like the man all that much.

So you need to stop. That is trolling at least and a personal attack at most.... Stop.

I take that as an admission that you were wrong to call me a troll as you have never asked me to stop. I will go into, and participate in whatever thread I feel like. Again, thank you for the suggestion.

I did.... I told you and another person to stop.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey, you are welcome to participate in this thread or any other... As long as you obide by the T&C. Trolling is against the T&C. So stop.

No calling names, no making fun of others for having opinions. These are not my rules. The are the rules of ATS. Deal with it.

I hope he finds peace and happiness.

DON'T do it..

People were likening Steve Job to the Beatles which is ABSURD!!!

He is much more of an icon on the level of Michael Jackson
Steve Jobs and MJ are way bigger/influential then *the beatles*.

People need to stop dragging others into things when they are simply
pointing out the obnoxiousness of other posters..
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join