It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Rest in peace Steve Jobs. Thank you for your wonderful contributions to our modern society. I am a PC user but that is personal choice. I hope people can learn from your example and make this world better for all people.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by AGWskeptic

A lot of his behavior was very.... eccentric... I guess you could say. I don't know that much about him, I admit. Didn't know about him being a dead beat dad. So that is sad to hear on a personal level, actually.

He was a genius in marketing and he took ideas and made them work better than many others thought possible. This was the Genius of Steve Jobs. He took good ideas and made them better.

He did name a computer after her, the megoflop Lisa PC. Not sure if he ever owned up to being her father, but he denied paternity for long time.

As far as him making ideas work better, his engineers did most of that.

He told them what he wanted it to do, they made it work. He had a good amount of computer knowledge, but only enough to know if it was possible, not how to actually do it.

His greatest talent was his ability to motivate, it was nothing for Apple engineers to work 90+ hour weeks and sleep in their cubicles. And it wasn't really an option, if you weren't on the Apple cult bandwagon you didn't last long. So if you buy into emotional and verbal abuse as being as damaging as physical abuse you could say he ran a sweatshop.

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by StarPeace

True role model.

I'd maybe do a little more research before you call him a role model. Yeah he was rich and a great marketer but there are some skeletons in that closet.

To be fair, it apparently took him two years to even admit that his daughter was... his daughter.

www.minyanville.com...

So, not much of a father figure to look up to.

I would say he sucked as far as home life went... But in the business world... He did some damn good work.

edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Resonant
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It's sad to see such a visionary and luminary go. He doesn't get enough credit for his genius, in my opinion. I think that's mostly due to how modest he was in how he lived his life. Apple will not be the same, but given the time and effort and ideas he put into the foundation of that company, I would expect that his spirit will be carried on for quite a long time. Steve Jobs has changed the face of this society, he's inspired countless dreams and visions, and though he has passed he is still very much alive and well.

Were not going to split hairs but we all know that Steve Jobs stole technology/ideas from Bill Gates.

That is not relative here, but I think Apple will still do just fine or even better now that they have a martyr..
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

You have that completely backwards. Bill Gates was the one who pirated from many software companies...Apple was only one of them. Bill Gates pirated the concept of Windows GUI from Apple.

You need to get your computer history straight. My first Apple computer was an SE 30. I'm from Palo Alto Ca. And, I'm 60 years old.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

But I digress... It was bound to happen this way... He was sick and dying apparently. With as rapidly as they come out with the new model, I don't find it all that odd that he died before the release of the latest Iphone.

but I can hear the news now though " Steve Jobs, Former CEO of Apple, and creative mind behind the new Iphone 5, has died"....

It wont hurt sales, that is for sure.

Bound to happen this way,
OR CONSPIRED???!?!?!??

Your damn right I make you a bet sales are going to go THROUGH the roof,
that is why Jobs is the true marketing genius he is cant you imagine this
in his office, put yourself there,
Here is steve jobs telling his crew HIS LAST WISH!!
*Boys you know I am going to die soon, IF I DIE before the new iphone announcement date
which is right around the corner don't you dare announce that I am dead until the BIG DAY
THAT IS WHY WE ARE APPLE you make me a martyr
and people will buy buy buy listen to me on this one boys*

Think about it..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Dude to be honest I'm bored and just wanted to taste some delicious Apple fanboi tears. Sorry I focused on you, just wasn't getting many bites. I actually agree with almost everything you've said. Admit it was kinda fun.

Well, again, I am not a fanboi of Apple...Not sure how many times I can say, I don't like apple and that I prefer PC, but that I can admit he made huge contributions to the industry.... We agreed about that remember? So I am as big of a fanboi as you.

To be fair, if I am a fanboi of anything... Well... Just look at my avatar and Username.

Quite frankly, I was enjoying our debate, I guess we both got a bit carried away. Glad we could entertain each other....

Come at me when there is a thread about The Beatles. Now THAT will be fun.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

*Boys you know I am going to die soon, IF I DIE before the new iphone announcement date
which is right around the corner don't you dare announce that I am dead until the BIG DAY

Think about it..

But...They announced it before the big day....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No I know, I meant real fanbois. I realized from the get go you were not one. I just wanted to debate. I was enjoying it too.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
to all those people who say theres a cure for cancer: if steve jobs couldent afford it, who could?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

No I know, I meant real fanbois. I realized from the get go you were not one. I just wanted to debate. I was enjoying it too.

Ah, I got you. Well, like I said... If I ever make a thread about The Beatles... Maybe when Paul or Ringo Dies... please do stop by for a nice debate

Anyway, Yes, RIP

Steve

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Think about it..

But...They announced it before the big day....

No the big day was yesterday and today.
It was just announced.
And it is a HUGE failure without the death of steve jobs..

New iPhone Bows but Fails to Wow
Apple unveiled the iPhone 4S yesterday, disappointing some investors who were looking for a more significant re-design of the company's flagship product although many analysts are still on Apple's side. Steven Russolillo and Paul Vigna discuss on Markets Hub. Photo: AP.

Read more: online.wsj.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
to all those people who say theres a cure for cancer: if steve jobs couldent afford it, who could?

Yeah, that is something I mentioned earlier. If there is a cure for cancer, it sure is not available to the rich/elite.

Steve Jobs died of it. Ted Kennedy.... Plenty more.... Those are just the two that come to my head at the moment.

I don't think there is a cure.... Hopefully one day... But not yet.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

No the big day was yesterday and today.
stopthecap.com...
It was just announced.
And it is a HUGE failure without the death of steve jobs..
online.wsj.com...
New iPhone Bows but Fails to Wow

Oh... Well... In that case....

Hmmm...Interesting point... Star for you.

Like I said, his death is going to help the sales.... and yeah, the marketing Genius he is... and how...eccentric he could be.... Apparently he ate only apples for a few years?... It might just be something he would do.

I don't know... It just seems easier to... have the company put out a better phone.... rather than making a slightly better version of the Iphone for and using his death to sell the product.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Oh... Well... In that case....

It just seems easier to... have the company put out a better phone.... rather than making a slightly better version of the Iphone for and using his death to sell the product.

It just is VERY ironic and there really is somewhat of a conspiracy..
Since there is no coincidences,
I mean the day after the announcement of the crappiest update yet of the iphone
which people were not going to buy, are going to buy it NOW because he is dead!!!!!

IT IS GENIUS!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

And pay three times what it is worth...Because as you said... He was a genius at marketing...

I would not put it past him.... Realized the latest one is not that good... So he might have said, announce my death after the official Iphone announcement....

It would help sales... Twisted... But it would help sales...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Jobs was a true genius, inventing things people would soon realize they couldn't live without.
Just like Edison.

I'm going out on a limb here because someone will soon bring up his name and if he does, you will owe me one.
This next part will probably get deleted by a mod but here it goes.

I don't want to politicize it but actually it’s official now,
Jobs died under Obama’s watch!

How ironic is that?

I'll be waiting.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by popsmayhem

And pay three times what it is worth...Because as you said... He was a genius at marketing...

I would not put it past him.... Realized the latest one is not that good... So he might have said, announce my death after the official Iphone announcement....

It would help sales... Twisted... But it would help sales...

That is exactly what I think they did..

Why not just release a good product other then a re-hash?
Because they knew he was going to die soon (within the year) and
be able USE HIS DEATH to sell crap to the cult like following!!!

YOU DON'T think they already DO HAVE AN IPHONE5!!! OF COURSE THEY DO!!!!

They already have an IPHONE 6 made but are releasing them drip by drip!!!
Controlling is what it is all about..

They hold back the technology they have and make more money
this way making the apple cult salivate waiting for the *NEW COOL apple gadget*

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Michael Jackson died under Obama too.

OMG!!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It seems an apple a day doesn't keep the doctor away after all..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join