It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need help with Meditation/Astral Projection/Lucid Dreaming etc?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Before we start let me make it clear that I do not think I am better than anyone else in any way. I write this thread because I see a thirst on these forums. A thirst for spiritual enlightenment. I am hoping that I can help people find answers for themselves and possibly guide them with meditation techniques to get started.

Many people are realising that religion is not for them and instead they want to experience something spiritual directly, others are just hungry for something new and magical. It doesn't matter, all that matters is that you are curious and are willing to try something new.

The areas I have had experience in are meditation, chi cultivation, astral projection, minor chi projection, lucid dreaming. But please be aware I am but a novice, this stuff goes so deep you couldn't even touch the surface in a lifetime!

So feel free to tell me any problems you are experiencing and I will try to help. On a side note, Skeptics, this thread isn't for proving to you that these 'phenomenon' exist. You can only prove that to yourself that is why it is called your own spiritual path, so please don't even attempt to debunk this thread.

I am going to bed soon so if this thread gets a good response I promise to try and answer all posts tomorrow morning. Remember this.. there have always been things more magical than we could ever understand, going back an amount of time we couldn't even comprehend. Technology is so quick to take the wonder out of life we have to maintain a healthy philosophy, one which is open to new concepts. Otherwise we are oppressed.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
what techniques do you use to astral project?? what experiences have you had projecting
any tips will be greatly appreciated

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

First of all, let me give thanks for your offer. I do not know you, nor your powers/abilities/skills/talents, etc.

But, I feel the need to talk to someone somewhat anonomously as this was my 1st lucid dream within the past year +.

In the dream, that was so realistic that it gave me that *momemt* and more *moments,* my dearest nephew (only 8 years of age) was trapped in a house/hotel with other boys and only men....and they were being abused (sexually).

I have since had panic attacks and am driving my brother (nephew's dad) crazy.

What gives?

I can only be so explicit on here, you understand, but I am not doing well since Monday night.

Respect. I will be in and out for the next few hours.....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
what techniques do you use to astral project?? what experiences have you had projecting
any tips will be greatly appreciated

I find that lying down with my hands by my side and my legs comfortably apart is a good starting position. Once comfortable start with some natural feeling breathing to get your body and heart beat at a steady rate. Focus calmly on the blood flowing round your body until you start feeling all tingly and light.

Get comfortable in this mindset then allow the tingly energy type buzzing to overwhelm you. Once you feel like a solid ball of energy you should start getting an audible buzzing sound. Focus on this and when it gets to a strong steady rate, feel your body of energy and attempt to break it away from your physical body.

This is the hard part that takes a lot of time and dedication. It is scary from you suddenly slip out of your body and often to quickly snap back. But keep trying and get comfortable with this trippy out of body madness! Practise makes perfect.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well I have a few problems.

When I attempt to Astral project I first do some deep relaxation/ meditation techniques, and they relax me just fine. I then go through my astral project techniques (from a few different books) and I will get so far as to the point to where it sounds like wind rushing by my ears and I feel "blurred".

The problem is it wont go past that. Ive tried concentrating more/less, deeper relaxing, a relaxation "helper"
Nothing seems to get me over the hump.

Now I will say that I have inadvertently astral projected twice before while studying self hypnosis.

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey there.

Have you ever used external dimethyltryptamine to help you with your astral journeys? some friends have told me that a decent dose can put you in the astral plane. I myself would rather get there using only the dimethyltryptamine that is currently in my body, (pineal gland). Would be interested in your response.

Thanks in advance

link   
There's a lot of good information here:

gnosticteachings.org...
gnosticteachings.org...
www.belzebuub.com...

I noticed you mentioned the importance of directly experiencing things so you can make up your own mind on certain subjects, this is also an important part of Gnosis so i would highly recommend it to anyone interested in these subjects.

edit on 5-10-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Well I have a few problems.

When I attempt to Astral project I first do some deep relaxation/ meditation techniques, and they relax me just fine. I then go through my astral project techniques (from a few different books) and I will get so far as to the point to where it sounds like wind rushing by my ears and I feel "blurred".

The problem is it wont go past that. Ive tried concentrating more/less, deeper relaxing, a relaxation "helper"
Nothing seems to get me over the hump.

Now I will say that I have inadvertently astral projected twice before while studying self hypnosis.

Any ideas?

Sounds to me like relieving some social anxiety or tension you have in your everyday life could help a lot here. You might have issues playing on your subconscious which are hindering you from relaxing properly.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
YES PLEASE!
I have been driving myself crazy with this. I know I have projected before on accident, but I can't project from a trance state to save my life. I feel like I get very close, but my body is too awake. Alternatively, I will feel close and then fall asleep

I will usually start with a chakra meditation, I use a brain wave program for noise (AP program). I feel myself really relax, I see the lights on my eyelids, and I go deeper into falling asleep but not quite. It is at this point I feel vibrations, and I begin to hear very audible words (only single words every few minutes at first). This started as hearing a word and then being woken up a little trying to remember what it was. I couldn't remember them at first. Now I hear them as more directional... like "up"...or "further", then this progressed into hearing "Look up" or "Sink further". When I am at the point of feeling like I could try to "roll over" I can't seem to disconnect the astral body from my physical body. I am stuck. Hmf.

I still think hearing the voice is incredible, and for that I am thankful. I just can't figure how to "go further". The words are not within the brain wave music either, trust me I've listened to it wide awake!
I consulted the Astralpedia on here and pinpointed my problem down to tactile imaging as far as I can tell.

I have had many OBE's and a couple of NDE in my life...unfortunately all were in much younger years and I had plenty of ahem...psychedelic assistance.

Edited to add: I also take antidepressants, could this interfere?
edit on 5-10-2011 by ValentineWiggin because: What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
YES PLEASE!
I have been driving myself crazy with this. I know I have projected before on accident, but I can't project from a trance state to save my life. I feel like I get very close, but my body is too awake. Alternatively, I will feel close and then fall asleep

I will usually start with a chakra meditation, I use a brain wave program for noise (AP program). I feel myself really relax, I see the lights on my eyelids, and I go deeper into falling asleep but not quite. It is at this point I feel vibrations, and I begin to hear very audible words (only single words every few minutes at first). This started as hearing a word and then being woken up a little trying to remember what it was. I couldn't remember them at first. Now I hear them as more directional... like "up"...or "further", then this progressed into hearing "Look up" or "Sink further". When I am at the point of feeling like I could try to "roll over" I can't seem to disconnect the astral body from my physical body. I am stuck. Hmf.

I still think hearing the voice is incredible, and for that I am thankful. I just can't figure how to "go further". The words are not within the brain wave music either, trust me I've listened to it wide awake!
I consulted the Astralpedia on here and pinpointed my problem down to tactile imaging as far as I can tell.

I have had many OBE's and a couple of NDE in my life...unfortunately all were in much younger years and I had plenty of ahem...psychedelic assistance.

Edited to add: I also take antidepressants, could this interfere?
edit on 5-10-2011 by ValentineWiggin because: What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

I think that the antidepressants might very well be interfering. I am guessing that they are stimulative to a certain extent? This could be making it harder to relax and let go of your physical body. I am not going to advice coming off your medication obviously.. I am no doctor.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I thought i would add that Astral Projection is part of a much larger process of strengthening your consciousness to encompass other dimensional realities and Astral Projection in and of itself needs to be practiced on conjunction with the death of the ego and alchemical changes to the nature of your energies.

Without this support it's like trying to see what's in the Astral Plane when there's a hurricane blowing.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have had one OBE years ago, but none since.

Yesterday I took a short nap and as I drifted off I became lucid. I did some chakra work then attempted several techniques to leave my body but to no avail.

What was weird was as I was trying to get out and for a short moment I was face to face with a humanoid being that looked like a blue furry (best I can describe).

What do you think I saw?
Do I have any business out of body?
What do you do out of body?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I got out once about 2-3 years ago. I was trying but have never been able to do it since.
When it did happen, it was like I drifted off but then I heard the rushing and then I was able to move up and down on a pivot because I couldn't move my feet, they were stuck.
But I know what full conciousness feels like and I was fully concious, though I couldn't see.

I have read since that you may need to will yourself to see, is this true?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

I think when I got back in there was something else there, I had to fight it off in a way, and my head was ringing like massive church bells.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Well In the past I have tried both Lucid dreaming and astral projection. Here are my issues with both.

Lucid Dreaming
I have a hard time realizing when I'm in the dream. I become conscious in dreams at random times and have no control of it. I sometimes can't even remember any dreams I have when I wake up. But mainly the issue I'm having is that I can't control when I realize I'm in a dream.

Astral Projection
I usually am able to relax and clear my mind of thoughts but I cannot reach the vibrational state. I'm not sure why its that I can't reach that state for some reason. I even have a hard time reaching the hypnagonic state. I would really like help reaching the vibrational state though since I don't have much of a problem making it to the hypnagonic state.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

I think that the antidepressants might very well be interfering. I am guessing that they are stimulative to a certain extent? This could be making it harder to relax and let go of your physical body. I am not going to advice coming off your medication obviously.. I am no doctor.

Yep they are. They have to stay for now, unfortunately, but I am making an exit plan for when they have served their purpose. Thanks for the advice!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I have heard that one can speak to their "higher self" within the dream state. but for this to happen, one must experience dreams lucidly. Can you give me any tips as to how to go about doing this? Where do I start? Does diet have to be regulated? Do I have to sleep for a specific length of time? Must I attain REM sleep for this to happen? Do I pray or meditate before I sleep? I would appreciate all or most of these questions answered, as well as anything else you could contribute to this, as I would love the opportunity to attain this skill. Thanks for reading.

Ewok

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Amazing....Thanks for offering this opportunity of help! You have no idea how I've been struggling with the subject in the last weeks. I was just thinking how great it would be to ask someone with some experience in the subject. So your post was like a timed coincidence(not that I believe in coincidences haha..)

Well.. Here goes my story:

I've been into meditation for about 3 months.
At first I had no idea about astral projection, visualization, etc...
So having read a little I tried a simple technique. I relaxed my body and cleared my mind.
The first time I got this sensation as if my body was sinking and then started vibrating. Knowing nowhere to go from here the sensations made me feel funny and excited so I lost my concentration and broke the trance state.
Next tries were kind of the same(I added binaural beats to the formula)with varying sensations, One time I felt as if i was starting to float away from my body, other times there were shock sensations in different parts of my body, some weird pressure in the area between my eyebrows, bending like feeling in my head and feet. It all felt AWESOME but each time I started to "feel" I lost my concentration due to the excitement and was unable to go further...
So I decided to further research in the subject and found a book about astral projection.
This time with a clear goal in mind I tought it would be easier to achieve somehing..
Problem is, ever since I read about astral projection I have been unable to even get to the trance state...
I've been using the same inital techinque while meditating but this time I just fell sleep or the sensations will not manifest themselves.. This has been for about a month..

Today I tried doing some meditation and nothing.. no sensations nor anything..

I feel there's something else to life and meditation I believe is just the starting point.
It makes me feel sad not being able to feel it anymore...

I'm not hoping for a magical solution, but maybe you could give me some advice
Wether thats true or not I appreciate your effort by opening this post and offering your help

edit on 7-10-2011 by AEthereal because: None

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm curious about why you and others relate lucid dreaming to OBEs and astral projection. I've had several lucid dreams and I try to induce them but I don't have any experience with the other two that I'm aware of. Some people seem to think they are all the same or very similar, but I've always thought of OBEs and astral projection as being more "real" and spiritual. I have always seen lucid dreams more as a form of entertainment (do whatever you want because it's just a dream), although I do realize it's possible to interact with your own subconscious or higher self through dream characters or the so called "dream guide." I've also heard that it's possible to astral project or enter an OBE from a lucid dream.

What's your take on those concepts? Sorry if I'm sounding a bit vague, but I'm curious about the ideas behind these things and how they relate.
edit on 10-10-2011 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As for lucid dreaming you could try Calea zacatechichi.
It's used for oneiromancy. Tastes terrible but definately works for me. If your a vivid dreamer lucid dreams will come easily with calea.

Silene capensis, the african dream herb said to induce prophetic dreams is also reputed to be quite potent, I have some growing but am yet to try it. Mugwort can work as well as both a tea and dream pillow, it creates a light sleep so dreams are better recalled.

Definately shouldn't be used if you are having bad dreams, otherwise you end up with enhanced bad dreams!
And shouldn't be used when you are very tired and need to sleep deep.

Can just add to whatever other techniques your using. Just my 2c.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have been practicing OOBE since 1986; may I suggest to anyone seriously desiring this to read D. Scott Rogo's Leaving the Body and Robert Monroe's Journeys. It takes dedication and time, no quick fix but steady work and the rewards are outstanding. I use OOBE's to jump to the Akashic Records, which will change your life and perspectives forever. Good luck and godspeed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join