It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan means truth in sanskrit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Thank you, every lie does have it's truth that is true. Iam Theistic, but i still have lots to experience yet

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

"TRUTH is sathyu in Sanskrit". Also another translation of truth satanu.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Are you saying that if you find out Jehovah is the true God you will have to wait and find out?

From this I take it that yourself still holds to that possibility?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Thank you, every lie does have it's truth that is true. Iam Theistic, but i still have lots to experience yet

I think that you may have quite a violent awakening coming to you. If I may offer a bit of advice, then I'd say don't be so quick to discount other beliefs and don't be afraid to shed that label of satanist if or when that time comes. You seem naive, but that's alright. Anyone like minded that doesn't want to take advantage of you won't be quick to judge.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

"Are you saying that if you find out Jehovah is the true God you will have to wait and find out?"
Yes, because i have found my path, and i believe it is the true one.
I will have to wait for the possible afterlife to see if i was wrong, because my soul is telling me it is the right one.

"From this I take it that yourself still holds to that possibility?"
Yes, there can't be one without the other. My thoughts are that the good and the evil have been reversed in time to correspond with other religious views, that what people believe as good and evil related to the divine are backwards. jahova is out there somewhere, but he isn't what people believe him to be.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

In your words, what is Jehovah? Don't include what you have heard from pastors because that's heresay. But, on a personal level from your own understanding.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Interesting, i haven't seen the other two variations of the word Sathya. I've spent a small amount of time in India, specifically at Ashrams. My Mother and Stepfather are regular travelers to India (at least once a year for the past 15 years), I've also got about 110 books from Gheeta Vahini to Vedic chants and Mantras. The interesting thing about the language (I'm no master linguist by the way
) is the word "Veda" means "Knowledge" and is referred to as "an-anta", or simply "without beginning or end".

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Where does the Flying Spaghetti Monster fall into this debate?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

On my own level: jahova to me is an E.T, that works something like a slave industry. He doesn't answer any questions you have and want answers for, and when you feel as though you get an answer if you're lucky its just saying have faith. To me when i went to church what we were told to do was just have faith and dont question, like being told to be a sheep and just follow the teachings. I felt as though i was being ripped-off spiritually in someway, but i wasn't sure why i had no energy after youth group bible study reading different scriptures. When i was there i felt drained, alone, like i didn't belong, unwanted, a loner: unsocial and alienated.

After i left youth group was when i dedicated myself to Satan, after a years research on Him, i felt the opposite of what i felt the entire time at youth group.
edit on 10/5/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

This wherein the problem arises from. This is what I dislike about many churches today. You can't ask why. Many people ask why and can't get the answers in which they seek. But, if many could ask GOD himself, true understanding would come about. I truly feel sorry for that church you attended.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Well, the flying spaghetti monster comes into the act with the flying purple people eater, during the apocalypse. So says the prophecy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

(That's leaving out estimates like the flood and such, actually would be much higher on gods one, but no higher on satans)

Not saying I agree with you, but the reasoning behind it isn't that bad.

Where'd you go from there though? The bible was written by a deceiver to portray the 'truth' as the real deceiver? And your only proof of any of it is in the bible? Too far of a jump, I'd say.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Satan translates as TRUTH in Sanskrit. Many Sanskrit words have "Satan" in them, and they all pertain to something important and Spiritual like above said "truth", and others to "Enlightenment" and so on.

Here are a few examples:

-Sanatan= Eternal
-Satanama= the cycle of life, death and rebirth (becoming as a God)
-Satyan= of truth
-Satsang= the wise
Then there are other words very similar:
-Satah= of the eternal
-Satyasa= of truth
-Satyameva= truth alone

The enemy ###SNIP### have absolutely nothing of their own. They stole everything. It is obvious why they would brand "TRUTH" their adversary. They gave our God Satan/Enki the name "TRUTH" and called Him their adversary. Satan IS Truth. They are the lies.

Hail Father Satan!!

So you are an open bigot against the Jewish people? Calling the Jewish people ##SNIP### is no different than calling an African American the N word. Is this how you treat others in your belief? The Bible says to know them by their fruit. Truth has nothing to do with hatred and prejudice. Satan has everything to do with this type of mindset where stealing, killing and destruction is the way to deal with enemies. The Bible is about loving enemies. Explain your heart to us so we can understand why you judge a person on their nationality and not the content of their character.

edit on 5-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed racial slur

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I was waiting for this card to be pulled out.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

No im not a bigot against anyone, where im from it doesn't matter what you call people. I live in New Zealand and its acceptable to call your friends your 'n-word''s.
So your blaming Satan once again, i recall reading the bible were jahova tells people to kill, murder, rape, plunder, steal, burn cities to the ground, e.c.t. So you cant say that the bible is about loving enemies because he's too busy telling the hebrews to do all those things and more that you stated.

My heart is good, but young, yes i judge but im also judged in return, people look at me and im judged. It's not until they get to know me that first impressions dont always count.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I didn't catch the ##SNIP## term, because I've never heard it. I am against slurs like that. And that does affect my opinion on the OP.

However, the bible is about loving you enemies? Actions speak louder than words. Even if the book quotes god saying that once or twice, it also quotes him acting the exact opposite, or commanding it from others, or his closest followers having no qualm about being destructive, hateful, and murderous to enemies.

First thing I think of, is that after you kill them, you kill their wifes, take the virgin women as sex-slaves, kill their children, spare no babies, and even go and kill their livestock. A non-hateful person would only command the killing of combatant troops that were a threat. I think that speaks louder than "Love thy enemy".

Edit:
Might as well add that "Jesus" was about loving thy enemies would be less arguable. The the whole bible, particularly old testimate, did not carry that message.
edit on 5-10-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco

I was waiting for this card to be pulled out.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

Someone had to call him on it. Bigotry should not be tolerated when anyone with decency is standing within range.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No im not a bigot against anyone, where im from it doesn't matter what you call people. I live in New Zealand and its acceptable to call your friends your 'n-word''s.
So your blaming Satan once again, i recall reading the bible were jahova tells people to kill, murder, rape, plunder, steal, burn cities to the ground, e.c.t. So you cant say that the bible is about loving enemies because he's too busy telling the hebrews to do all those things and more that you stated.

My heart is good, but young, yes i judge but im also judged in return, people look at me and im judged. It's not until they get to know me that first impressions dont always count.

In every case, God stands with those who stand for truth and love. Examine the John Henry commentaries in the context of any Bible passage and you will see that God stands in honor of truth and the protection of those who stand for the same. Truth and honor are worth protecting and preserving. God stands against any people who steal, kill or destroy by the error of greed and pride. Divine justice comes with the understanding that "you must be born again." In other words, you will be born again. In this life, you think and you move. All the billions of things that happen around you to allow for life have nothing to do with any action or thought you take. Your body functions, the sun shines and the earth turns. No human makes this a reality. We merely think and move through what is given. Value for this comes at a price if we trample the gift with our pride against God. We reap what we sow no matter who we are.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beenupsince2007
The bible is not meant for us although reading it can if you really understand it keep us afloat on what is going on in this game. Only human arrogance would presume that the message was intended for them...

I am struggling to understand your post. Are you eluding to something?

Who is the bible meant for?
What is going on?
What is the game?
who was the message intended for?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

In every case, God stands with those who stand for truth and love. Examine the John Henry commentaries in the context of any Bible passage and you will see that God stands in honor of truth and the protection of those who stand for the same. Truth and honor are worth protecting and preserving. God stands against any people who steal, kill or destroy by the error of greed and pride. Divine justice comes with the understanding that "you must be born again." In other words, you will be born again. In this life, you think and you move. All the billions of things that happen around you to allow for life have nothing to do with any action or thought you take. Your body functions, the sun shines and the earth turns. No human makes this a reality. We merely think and move through what is given. Value for this comes at a price if we trample the gift with our pride against God. We reap what we sow no matter who we are.

Definitely a step forward. Practically no pasted and misapplicated 'science', but only good old circular preaching, where the good guys are good and the bad guys bad, because the mythological manual says so.

For those of us not using the premises of circular argumentation and of your special mythological manual, there are however several more rational descriptions of the good/bad-guy situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join