It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings NOT right with that that Object that struck the Sun. Has to be BS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Why NASA never mentioned anything about it? I mean, if the Sun is a million times larger then the Earth shouldn't we have seen something that large in our sky, and be warned? That thing had to be 1000x bigger then the Earth, if not, more.

Also, how could it have been a comet, if comets are ice celestial bodies? Shouldn't it have melted way before getting to the sun? Either way you slice it, something is not right about that video/image.
edit on 5-10-2011 by king Pop!p because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

The one thing I agree with is how the comet didnt melt before hitting the sun.....

Can someone explain how that can happen?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
My thoughts are maybe they were trying to destroy what was behind the sun. Wasn't their some on here that kept saying there was some type of object behind there, planet, Nibiru, Elenin, brown dwarf star....and how conveniently that the laser dart just happened to blow through the sun to the similar position of the object. Maybe that was the target the whole time. Maybe the government is playing with fire and getting themselves in murky waters of where they shouldn't be playing. Who knows.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

It cant = not a comet?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Unless they knew about it and went "Pray to the god of science that it won't hit us."
I don't know if the whole thing was real or not, but either way, if it was real and we were lucky it didn't hit us, no-one will notice (or know the truth).
If it did hid us, we'd all be dead and noone would be left to worry about it.
So that would just be a win for NASA either way.

- - - - -
Something that just got to mind while typing this is those videos and warnings to NASA employees to be prepared in case something happens.
I personally lean towards the side of it just being out of care for their employees, like telling students what to do when there's fire, at the beginning of the schoolyear.
But who knows... And who will ever know.
edit on 5/10/11 by LanceDH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I thought it was widely acknowledged in the scientific community that comets are not dirty snowballs.

Research Temple 1 and the deep impact program.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It was a sun diving comet. SOHO exaggerates the view of brightness. I believe it can pick up at least 9m. Since the sun if far brighter than that and the comet was so close, it would seriously exaggerate the size.

At least according to the explanation of SOHO.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i dont understand the big fuss
if there was a big flare heading for earth we cant do anything about it anyway
so why worry

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
That was no comet, try humungous asteroid.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My mind is cast back to all the buzzz about something big coming near Earth around this time in October. Ie All the recesses being taken by governments. Lo and behold if it is real footage something quite substantial did hit the sun at a great spread causing what looks like a ripple effect.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

You're absolutely right. A coincidence? I think NOT. Here's the thread to the Near Earth Object just a few days ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Unless someone spills the beans on this one, our questions may go unanswered. Where's Julian Assange when you need him?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry...but...how come no one ever mentions THE sun's DISTANCE. People act like it's across the street...when in REALITY, it's 93 MILLLLLLLLLLIIIIIOOOOOOOON....THAT'S 93,000,000 miles AWAY! Helloooo? NOTHING could reach the sun...that fast...in 2 days...which, was supposed to be the time it took, for that "U.F.O." to STRIKE.

I know i'm not an expert...but geesh....i'm not stupid either. And, regardless of what it was....does it REALLY matter?. Even IF, an asteroid, comet, or whatever were to hit planet earth...at that speed and size.....WE WOULDN'T FEEL A THING...so...there would be no need to PANIC...cuz there would be NO WHERE to run....and no where to hide. Not even the 'elite' would be safe...in there underground bunkers. This place (earth) would be floating debris, in space; dust particles...flying into oblivion.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I don't understand... there is an article about it on the front page of the SOHO website about it (which is run by NASA and the ESA).

As far as I can see, the only thing that is not right is the official view that the CME that occured immediately after the impact was a co-incidence. Hopefully, these types of occurences will spur on some serious research to debunk the dirty snowball theory... and from this it will be proven that comets are solid, negatively charged masses that react with the protons in the solar wind and brighten (as well as the coma size increasing) as they get closer to the sun. The impact of a negatively charged mass into our positively charged sun could theoretically cause a magnetic disruption, and generate CMEs as shown on some recent STEREO footage

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 17sok

I don't understand... there is an article about it on the front page of the SOHO website about it (which is run by NASA and the ESA).

As far as I can see, the only thing that is not right is the official view that the CME that occured immediately after the impact was a co-incidence. Hopefully, these types of occurences will spur on some serious research to debunk the dirty snowball theory... and from this it will be proven that comets are solid, negatively charged masses that react with the protons in the solar wind and brighten (as well as the coma size increasing) as they get closer to the sun. The impact of a negatively charged mass into our positively charged sun could theoretically cause a magnetic disruption, and generate CMEs as shown on some recent STEREO footage

Well said. I too find it a bit suspicious how vigorously the scientific community is trying to say the CME was just a "coincidence". I seriously do not think that is the case...the object was much larger than they are trying to claim.
edit on 5-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm baffled the governments of this world would be trying to save humanity at all!!!(if we indeed launched such a thing at the Sun)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 17sok

What happened here? What was this one? Special "comet" (there was no CME)?

This one?

edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Curious? Can ANYTHING actually HIT the sun? Wont the intense temperature disolve/burn/melt/disintegrate anything coming near it way before it can come close? Can anything withstand the temps enough to make it to the suns surface anyway?.

edit on 5-10-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 17sok

What happened here? What was this one? Special "comet" (there was no CME)?

This one?

edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

He stated.

Originally posted by 17sok
The impact of a negatively charged mass into our positively charged sun could theoretically cause a magnetic disruption, and generate CMEs

The images you linked are clearly images of objects before they impacted.

Please explain what you are trying to say here. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

What's not right about it?

Have you seen this?

15 years of SOHO comets

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join