It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings NOT right with that that Object that struck the Sun. Has to be BS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wh00pS

One hit on Oct 1st - clearly shown as a bright light streaming in from the south east and as it hits the sun, so a massive cme fires out the other side, then this morning something explodes on suns far side, so wasn't visible, but its shown on todays spaceweather.com (I read that as something exploding on the sun - not as is usually depicted 'a cme from a sun spot'). Maybe I'm misreading their terminology...?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
reply to post by Wh00pS

One hit on Oct 1st - clearly shown as a bright light streaming in from the south east and as it hits the sun, so a massive cme fires out the other side, then this morning something explodes on suns far side, so wasn't visible, but its shown on todays spaceweather.com (I read that as something exploding on the sun - not as is usually depicted 'a cme from a sun spot'). Maybe I'm misreading their terminology...?

Sorry, your right about the comet's date, i got my dates mixed up (getting old
). I think you've misread their terminology for yesterdays CME. It was just a standard CME even if it was pretty impressive. It's just very busy up there at the moment as we are approaching solar maximum.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Okay - I cannot recall where I read what I am going to throw into the mix - maybe someone else can. It was within the last week and not years ago.

The comment was about the technology that the military/nasa has that is decades advanced to any that the public are allowed to know about let alone witness.

The technology has the ability - when directed and fired at the sun - to create a hole and apparently change the dimension/frequency/whatever of our solar system.

Did not mean much to me at the time but with this thread there seems to be some concern with - a comet? passing into the sun without vapourising - passing by the sun suggesting miscalculation - a comet not causing the expected reaction with regards to making contact...

I am a late comer to science - just set me straight if it sounds improbable. And just remember the Denver airport because I had no idea it existed until this year and if you had told me prior - I would have told you to pull the other one it plays jingle bells.

Please don't hurt me - much peace...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage, what I was trying to point out was that the "co-incidence" of the CME occuring after the impact would tend to support the electric comet theory. Clearly either someone at NASA or ESA is leaving the door open for that possibility as stated in the article in SOHO (although the ramifications of the electric comet theory being proven true would turn many other long held theories on their heads)...

The question of whether a sungrazing comet can somehow trigger a coronal mass ejection is an intriguing one. So far, the feeling is that apparent relationship between some comets and some mass ejections is simply one of co-incidence. At this stage of the solar cycle, the Sun is producing many mass ejections--in fact there were several earlier in the day--and it probably just happened by chance that one of them was around the same time as the approach of the comet. Some researchers have been looking for a more direct relationship, but nothing as yet has come out of these efforts.

... The fact is that more research that needs to be done to either prove or disprove the theory.

P.S. I also stated that the comet could cause a disturbance in the Sun's magnetic field. I meant to say that a CME could be possible but any smaller disturbances could go unnoticed, due to the disc covering the sun on the STEREO images

edit on 5-10-2011 by 17sok because: Tired and not thinking clearly

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Manhater

I said there were no CMEs after the comets I posted "impacted" the Sun.

But I give up, what is supposed to be hitting Earth in 10 to 12 days?

accounting the approx. 8 days to get to earth, it will be close to the 28 october.
Is there something you are not telling us?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

He said the sunspot which produced the large cme from the other side of the sun (from our view) would rotate with the sun and be pointing roughly at us in 10-12 days . That was 3 or 4 days ago .

Nothing to worry about.

As regards op i agree there is something quite strange about the whole thing , the size and speed of it for one thing . The other examples posted even on the links posted were pretty pale in comparison . And of course the impact/explosion they quickly jumped to say it didnt cause . Very odd . As of , no other opinion than that

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is beyond civilian science... Lol, what a joke that # is.

Your dealing with multidimensional technology and some of the most seemingly advanced civilizations the Universe has to offer manipulating and measuring this planet, but to what end?

Well, my friends... It will all be evident soon enough.

Keep in mind though, not everyone has the 'eyes to see'.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
IT, IT WAS ELENINS Doppelgänger
MAKES ME FEEL LIKE
FOR IT NOT BEING SEEN TILL 9-30-11 sorry actually UARS piece 31 went astray who knows? What ever it was it didnt melt and it streamed bright in the tail (what a long tail) as it was in the tip so. It was nothing folx just nothing and wasnt seen till 9-30-11 RIGHT!!!

edit on 10/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence

Your dealing with multidimensional technology and some of the most seemingly advanced civilizations the Universe has to offer manipulating and measuring this planet, but to what end?

No idea what you are on about . What are the questions , did it have a name or a jpl diagram ?

What was it ? Where did it come from ?

Its beyond military intelligence , isn't it .

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You do know that the sun turns on it's axis?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's not the first or last time comets are discovered by that satellite.
Guess who discovers most of the comets in our solar system?
www.comethunter.de...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's not the first or last time comets are discovered by that satellite.
Guess who discovers most of the comets in our solar system?
www.comethunter.de...

What agency is this?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I’ve heard the exaggeration argument before, but my question is, if the object appears larger due to a light magnifying effect, then wouldn’t the sun appear larger as well by default, and as such wouldn’t that mean that the comparable size of said object remain in accurate scale in comparison to the sun?

I.E.> SOHO makes the object appear 1000x larger/also making the sun a 1000x larger through the same effect. Basically breaking down to: that was still an extremely large object.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

You can't see the Sun. It's behind the coronograph disk. If it wasn't, it would fill the entire frame.

It was not an extremely large object. Here's a more normal sized comet.

Comet Machholz. Bright, but not huge. That's Venus on the lower right, on the far side of the Sun. Very tiny.
edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 17sok
reply to post by king Pop!p

I don't understand... there is an article about it on the front page of the SOHO website about it (which is run by NASA and the ESA).

As far as I can see, the only thing that is not right is the official view that the CME that occured immediately after the impact was a co-incidence. Hopefully, these types of occurences will spur on some serious research to debunk the dirty snowball theory... and from this it will be proven that comets are solid, negatively charged masses that react with the protons in the solar wind and brighten (as well as the coma size increasing) as they get closer to the sun. The impact of a negatively charged mass into our positively charged sun could theoretically cause a magnetic disruption, and generate CMEs as shown on some recent STEREO footage

Have you got that particular SOHO link? It's my understanding that there is research ongoing by SDO in the exact same field, (since they have already seen a similar event earlier this year) and it's also my understanding that it is not a 100% view that it was just a coincidence, rather more to a consensus. To further that point, they have some evidence that events at points far distant from one another on the Sun can be interconnected and react with one another, so it might be possible that the 'Comet' did react with the Sun, and cause further reactions along interconnected magnetic lines right to the other side, rather than some huge object plowing through the Sun, which is very unlikely.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Learn how to read. The first time I read that thread I understood EXACTLY what Phage said because he said it extremely clear.

YOU wanted it to be something to doom and gloom about. Learn basic science too...

Buy hooked on phonics or something jeez....
edit on 10/5/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
Curious? Can ANYTHING actually HIT the sun? Wont the intense temperature disolve/burn/melt/disintegrate anything coming near it way before it can come close? Can anything withstand the temps enough to make it to the suns surface anyway?.

edit on 5-10-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

A black hole could easily approach the sun without getting destroyed. However that thing was no black hole or we would have already been destroyed. Still breathing and earth is in one piece, so no rogue black hole.

Other than that, it would have to be extremely massive and traveling so fast that it hit the sun before it could be vaporised.

So in that regard...photoshopped video or fake? You can do just about anything with computers nowadays.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence

Prove it is advanced civilizations. As far as i am concerned i haven't seen one shred of evidence supporting these mythical "advanced" civilizations even exist. Advanced civilizations don't just hide out in space an make a grand show of sending fleets of ufo's flying through the night sky just to tease the puny humans below. If there were any space people flying around out there they would have made contact in such a way that our governments would be dumbfounded as to how to even begin to cover up what billions of people have seen. Unless ofcourse they aren't aliens at all, but something else entirely different.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join