It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: FBI Suspects Israel Has Mole in Pentagon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

True and a good point. But the fact is the u.s. would never be idiotic enough to attack iran. Our military is already stretched to it's limit trust me. People I know are already on their second tours in iraq. No way we would ever do it.

How about the 70,000 being moved out of Germany? Could it be in preparation of the ivasion of Iran?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
someone on the following thread suggested that the recent incursion by us jets over iran (reported on iranian media) could have been an information-gathering mission at israel's request, in preparation for an israeli strike on iran's nuclear plants. i'd imagine isreali planes doing the same thing would be shot down on sight in iran, hence their need to use americans for the initial recon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
*rolls around laughing*

Seriously guy's, were you so naieve that you thought because Israel is your ally then they wouldn't spy on you?

He wont be tried as a spy either, you'll send him back to Israel.

p.s. You're spying on Israel too.

i totally agree. they send back those five Israelis, suspected of 9/11 connections, to Israel due to "expired passports".

"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9-11 is classified. I cannot tell you about the evidence that has been gathered. It is classified information." - FBI Official

In order for evidence "linking these Israelis to 9-11" to become classified, the evidence has to have existed in the first place! Furthermore, but it must have been very, very serious stuff indeed. Only the really ugly stuff merits the distinction of being "classified!"

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

True and a good point. But the fact is the u.s. would never be idiotic enough to attack iran. Our military is already stretched to it's limit trust me. People I know are already on their second tours in iraq. No way we would ever do it.

How about the 70,000 being moved out of Germany? Could it be in preparation of the ivasion of Iran?

This has nothing to do with preparing for war. The army is restructing its units to smaller fighting entities. This is so they can send smaller self sufficient units to do missions intead of a whole combat brigade. Our military structuring at the moment was strategized during the cold war. They are modernizing it to make the units more deployable and self sufficient.

The troops in germany have been rotating in and out of iraq and some are currently there. Its the 1st infantry division 2nd brigade in germany . The other 2 brigades of 1st infantry division are located in fort riley kansas. It has been said for years that 2nd brigade was going to go back to kansas to rejoin the 1st and 3 brigades. Even units in south korea 2nd id are doing tours in iraq. We are streched THIN military wise.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wonder if the spy is actually the prime minister ariel sharon. Rummys always hanging out with him.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this was "Leaked"? or Did an actual Government official come out and declare this? I'm not looking for "Anonymous Sources" either.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Does anyone know if this was "Leaked"? or Did an actual Government official come out and declare this? I'm not looking for "Anonymous Sources" either.

Trickmastertrick, This has been in the investigative stage for a very long time now. The source(s) of the leak(s) are many I am sure. This was a buzz within many levels of the Government including but not limited to the FBI. This case was just to big to keep a lid on.

There is much more than is being told at this point I am sure.

No one is being named as the source of the leak, but we do know this:

From the Original post in this thread:

The FBI investigation, headed up by Dave Szady, has involved wiretaps, undercover surveillance and photography that CBS News was told document the passing of classified information from the mole, to the men at AIPAC, and on to the Israelis.

Dave Szady... hmm I will leave that to you.

They are very close to making an arrest in this case now.. so stay tuned!

In case you missed it check out this link:

Spy Arrest Said Possible Soon

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Im getting suspicious. As you said there are probably alot of underlying facts that have not been fortold due to Classified information. I wondering why, at this point in time, this would have been leaked. There is just too damn much at stake involving our Intelligence Agencies for something like this to not be kept under wraps. OK, Im just going off on a tanget here , so Ill stop.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Fox News is naming a person of interest in this case: Larry Franklin as one of the people being investigated. Watch for this name and more information in the near future.

Right now not a lot is known about Larry Franklin so until confirmed it will have to remain that way.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

apnews.myway.com...

The target of the probe was identified by the two officials as Larry Franklin, a senior analyst in a Pentagon office dealing with Middle East affairs. Franklin, who did not respond to a telephone message left at his office Saturday, formerly worked for the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Efforts to find a home telephone number were unsuccessful.

In a statement late Friday, the Defense Department described Franklin as being at the "desk officer level, who was not in a position to have significant influence over U.S. policy. Nor could a foreign power be in a position to influence U.S. policy through this individual."

Franklin works in an office overseen by Douglas J. Feith, the defense undersecrerary for policy. Feith is an influential aide to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld whose previous work included prewar intelligence on Iraq, including purported ties between Saddam Hussein's regime and al-Qaida terrorism network.

In August 2003, Franklin and a Pentagon colleague were in the news after it was disclosed they had met two years earlier with Manuchar Ghorbanifar, who was among the Iranians who suggested to the Reagan administration in the 1980s that profits from arms-for-hostages deals be funneled into covert arms shipments to U.S.-backed Contra rebels battling the leftist Nicaraguan government.

The investigation centers on whether Franklin passed classified U.S. material on Iran to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the highly influential main Israeli lobbying organization in Washington, and whether that group in turn passed them on to Israel. Both AIPAC and Israel deny the allegations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now we do.....

Another

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1093674510896

Sources in Jerusalem said it is quite possible that Larry Franklin, the alleged Pentagon informant, met with AIPAC officials as part of routine conversations lobbyists always have with officials, but that it is inconceivable this is something that could be construed as espionage.

The FBI's investigation of Larry Franklin began not long after it was leaked that the Pentagon's Office of Special Plans sent two Defense officials, one of them Franklin, to Paris to meet with a dissident Iranian arms trader.

The latter, Manucher Ghorbanifar, played a central role in the Iran-Contra affair � in which Israel had a major involvement � in the mid 1980's.

The purpose of the meeting with Ghorbanifar was to undermine a pending deal that the White House had been negotiating with the Iranian government. At the time, Iran had considered turning over five al-Qaida operatives in exchange for Washington dropping its support for Mujahadeen Khalq, an Iraq-based rebel Iranian group listed as a terrorist organization by the State Department.

Is this thickening?
I'm just waiting for Ollie North's name to surface

[edit on 28-8-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! The jew did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By next Friday Gee Brish will include in his acceptance speech the handy information that his flawed information on Iraq was shaped and influenced by the Israeli spy at the pentagon.
:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2ts2
Oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! The jew did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By next Friday Gee Brish will include in his acceptance speech the handy information that his flawed information on Iraq was shaped and influenced by the Israeli spy at the pentagon.
:

You just proved me right in my first post in this thread.
Whether your joking or not, the racist implementation is uncalled for.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
George Bush is the most Israeli-friendly president in the history of Israel. (Do your homework). If there is, indeed, a "mole" in Washington, may we look into it rationally?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
No suprise (again).

Israel are well in Americas back pocket. Infact Israel has more power over the states then you might know.

All those people who said ' no, the usa had nothing to do with Israel etc etc' do you see now?

America is less and less for the American everyday.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Chakra, there is little I can say without sounding like a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

FBI espionage probe goes beyond Israeli allegations, sources say
WASHINGTON - An FBI probe into the handling of highly classified material by Pentagon civilians is broader than previously reported, and goes well beyond allegations that a single mid-level analyst gave a top-secret Iran policy document to Israel, three sources familiar with the investigation said Saturday.

The probe, which has been going on for more than two years, also has focused on other civilians in the Secretary of Defense's office, said the sources, who spoke on condition they not be identified, but who have first-hand knowledge of the subject.

In addition, one said, FBI investigators in recent weeks have conducted interviews to determine whether Pentagon officials gave highly classified U.S. intelligence to a leading Iraqi exile group, the Iraqi National Congress, which may in turn have passed it on to Iran. INC leader Ahmed Chalabi has denied his group was involved in any wrongdoing.

The linkage, if any, between the two leak investigations, remains unclear.

But they both center on the office of Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith, the Pentagon's No. 3 official.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Iran-Contra II? - Fresh scrutiny on a rogue Pentagon operation
On Friday evening, CBS News reported that the FBI is investigating a suspected mole in the Department of Defense who allegedly passed to Israel, via a pro-Israeli lobbying organization, classified American intelligence about Iran. The focus of the investigation, according to U.S. government officials, is Larry Franklin, a veteran Defense Intelligence Agency Iran analyst now working in the office of the Pentagon's number three civilian official, Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Douglas Feith.

The investigation of Franklin is now shining a bright light on a shadowy struggle within the Bush administration over the direction of U.S. policy toward Iran. In particular, the FBI is looking with renewed interest at an unauthorized back-channel between Iranian dissidents and advisers in Feith's office, which more-senior administration officials first tried in vain to shut down and then later attempted to cover up.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
OK does anyone know where Ollie is???

I wondering if there is anything going on that no one is really paying attention to. It just seems to me that things like this come up when something else is going on. I wouldn't call it a smokescreen, but I still have a weird suspicious feeling.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Loyal Americans would breathe a sigh of relief if Pentagon infiltration by Zionists were limited to single digits. Anyone remotely aware of Feith's past knows this thing goes far beyond "suspicion", many openly avow their allegiance without fear of retribution. A better question would be how many of the Mossad's operatives work in the J. Edgar Hoover building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join