It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: FBI Suspects Israel Has Mole in Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
According to a CBS report being broken as of this moment an interesting revelation has come to light. The FBI suspects that an Israeli spy has been working inside the highest levels of the Pentagon even in the office of Donald Rumsfeld himself. The article claims that the 'spy' may have sought to influence U.S. policy on Iraq, and Iran. Being reported today on CBS News....

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

Aug. 27, 2004 � WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The FBI believes Israel has a spy at the very highest level of the Pentagon who may have sought to influence U.S. policy on Iran and Iraq, CBS News reported on Friday.

The Israeli embassy immediately denied the report.

"The FBI has a full-fledged espionage investigation under way and is about to ... roll up someone agents believe has been spying, not for an enemy, but for Israel, from within the office of the secretary of defense (Donald Rumsfeld)," the network reported.

CBS News said the FBI believed it had solid evidence the suspected mole supplied Israel with classified material that included secret White House deliberations on Iran.

The network described the spy as "a trusted analyst" assigned to a unit within the defense department tasked with helping develop the Pentagon's Iraq policy.

It said the analyst had ties to top Pentagon officials Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith, both regarded as leading architects of the war on Iraq.

Asked about the CBS report, a spokesman for the Israeli embassy told reporters: "We categorically deny these allegations. They are completely false and outrageous."

CBS said the spy was believed to have been passing secrets to Israel through intermediaries at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a pro-Israel lobby.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am not shocked by this report as this has been suspected at many levels and by many inside the U.S. Government.

This as yet unconfirmed report is not without substance and some evidence and I have to wonder if it is possible that Israel has worked inside our own Pentagon to push the U.S.A. into war with Iraq and a possible conflict with Iran... If the above report is confirmed it would seem that is exactly what has happened.

Related News and Links:

From the CBS News Report:

CBSNEWS.com Full Article

At the heart of the investigation are two people who work at The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a powerful pro-Israel lobby in Washington.

The FBI investigation, headed up by Dave Szady, has involved wiretaps, undercover surveillance and photography that CBS News was told document the passing of classified information from the mole, to the men at AIPAC, and on to the Israelis.

CBS sources say that last year the suspected spy, described as a trusted analyst at the Pentagon, turned over a presidential directive on U.S. policy toward Iran while it was, "in the draft phase when U.S. policy-makers were still debating the policy."

This put the Israelis, according to one source, "inside the decision-making loop" so they could "try to influence the outcome."

The case raises another concern among investigators: Did Israel also use the analyst to try to influence U.S. policy on the war in Iraq?

Spy Arrest Said Possible Soon

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The FBI has evidence that a person who has been working at high levels in the Pentagon may be a spy for Israel, senior U.S. officials confirmed to CNN on Friday.

FBI Suspects Israel Has Pentagon Mole - Govt. Sources

Israel Denies Receiving Information From Pentagon Official

Israel Denies Spying on U.S.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 8-29-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I guess It pays to watch TV evan in Canada sometimes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
originally posted by Um_Gazz,

This as yet unconfirmed report is not without substance and some evidence and I have to wonder if it is possible that Israel has worked inside our own Pentagon to push the U.S.A. into war with Iraq and a possible conflict with Iran... If the above report is confirmed it would seem that is exactly what has happened.

Your wording even with its equivocations makes a giant leap of faith in its statement that this report may be true, hope the pool has water in it - look before you leap. Its the war with Iraq by subterfuge part that I'm having difficulty with because Bush was primed to take out the most vulnerable of the "axis of evil" regardless. Iran is a whole seperate issue however.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Man, that President Bush, never was a good liar, he's gone and made himself found !

Deep

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The report says the suspected mole is a senior analyst who works in the bureau of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. The person is also said to be closely associated with two senior Pentagon officials who are Jewish, Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith.

www.haaretz.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If it is found that Israel has a mole in the Pentagon then the US has no choice but to cut off all ties with that country. I didn't hold them in high regards before and they have sunk down to the level of Libya in my opinion. You want to invade someone and eliminate the supporters of terrorism then launch an attack against Israel. Get rid of them and their illegal WMD program.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
*rolls around laughing*

Seriously guy's, were you so naieve that you thought because Israel is your ally then they wouldn't spy on you?

He wont be tried as a spy either, you'll send him back to Israel.

p.s. You're spying on Israel too.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I saw the news on TV and I was not surprised about it, and not necessarily it has to be Rumsfeld, it could be the president himself leaking information to Israel so they can plan ahead on their agenda.

I said before that Israel has a lot to do on the policies that US adopt on the middle east.

I can wait to hear more on the news, but probably the goverment will make it go away. This things are not good for politics.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Israel is far from our ally. As much as we let them get away with the only thing I can think of us that they have some serious dirt on us. But what could it be? Does anyone know about when the US and Israel became so "close"?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
O.k. really think about this. Do you actually think a person working for the secretary of defense could spy without them knowing. Get real. The government can blow up terrorist driving in a stinking suv in the middle of afghanistan with a unmanned flying vehile using super sophisticated rockets, but they have no idea this guy is a stinking spy. I don't think so. This guy has either been known about for a long time or this is all just made up to get Bush off the hook for his Screw Up.

This war is almost had a 1,000 dead and no longer has any justification. The people we are fighting now would never had done any harm to the u.s. They just don't want us in their country. I don't blame them. This I think is another episode of point the finger I wan't to get re elected.

This is most likely designed to take the idea off the war and those who really brought it into effect, the oil hungry, oil crooks running our white house now. The just want 4 more years of power and padding their buddies compainies pockets to pay them back for the nice stay at the white house for the last 4 years.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Israel is far from our ally. As much as we let them get away with the only thing I can think of us that they have some serious dirt on us. But what could it be? Does anyone know about when the US and Israel became so "close"?

They're your only friend in the region. They keep the arab states from uniting and looking to the real west.

Oh, and Israel wouldn't hesitate to turn the entire region into a parking lot at the sign of a single arab soldier approaching their border, the American alliance with Israel scares them even more.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Anyone remember Senator Rockefeller's press conference speech when the Senate Intelligence Committee report on Pre-war Intelligence about Iraq was published?

"The central issue of how intelligence on Iraq was, in this senator's opinion, exaggerated by the Bush administration officials was relegated to that second phase, as yet unbegun, of the committee investigation, along with other issues.

We've done a little bit of work on the number three guy in the Defense Department, Douglas Feith, part of his alleged efforts to run intelligence past the intelligence community altogether, his relationship with the INC and Chalabi, who was very much in favor with the administration wanting them to come on in. And was he running a private intelligence failure, which is not lawful."

zero lift

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Nerdling,

I agree with you, but I think that US and Israel has been very close more that the people in this country really knows.

Any decisions US does that involve the Middle East, Israel probably get the facts first.

They're your only friend in the region. They keep the Arab states from uniting and looking to the real west.

Like you said they are the only friends US have in the area. And US does well keeping them happy and well informed.

A spy, not, not really if the white house knows he is there.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nerdling... Israel is far from a friend. With a friend like that who needs enemies? They may be the lesser of the evils but certainly no friend.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This to me is too much of a conicidence at the right time. Like the nick berg beheading. It is designed to draw attention away from something. They had to have know this guy was a spy.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this here's some reading material:

The Israeli Spy Ring
"Israel does not spy on the United States of America."
-- Mark Regev, a spokesman at the Israeli embassy in Washington

Prior to 9/11, the FBI had discovered the presence of a massive spy ring inside the United States run by the government of Israel. This seems a harsh gratitude from a nation which obtains 10% of its annual budget from the American taxpayer, $3+ billion a year. Over the years, American taxpayers have been required to send Israel more than four times what the US spent to go to the moon.

What Israel has done in return was to set up government subsidized telecommunications companies which operate here in the United States. One of these companies is Amdocs, which provides billing and directory assistance for 90% of the phone companies in the USA. Amdocs' main computer center for billing is actually in Israel and allows those with access to do what intelligence agencies call "traffic analysis"; a picture of someone's activities based on a pattern of who they are calling and when. Another Israeli telecom company is Comverse Infosys, which subcontracts the installation of the automatic tapping equipment now built into every phone system in America. Comverse maintains its own connections to all this phone tapping equipment, insisting that it is for maintenance purposes only. However, Converse has been named as the most likely source for leaked information regarding telephone calls by law enforcement that derailed several investigations into not only espionage, but drug running as well. Yet another Israeli telecom company is Odigo, which provides the core message passing system for all the "Instant Message" services. Two hours before the attacks on the World Trade Towers, Odigo employees received a warning. Odigo has an office 2 blocks from the former location of the World Trade Towers.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hoppinmad1,

You have a good point there, does anybody have notice how the war in Iraq and the jail scandal has kind of slide on the side with the Kerry medals issue and occurs we can not get reliable news form Iraq due to the ban on media.

Hummmm the government does manipulate the public in this country including me.

You just touch a chord here Hoppinmad1

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this here's some reading material:
The Israeli Spy Ring
"Israel does not spy on the United States of America."

Ocelot, I can do one better. I started a thread on The Lavon Affair
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Isreal actually perp a false flag operation in Egypt aginst US in the 50's blowing up US buildings etc. Kind of make you wonder if 911 was a false flag?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Kind of make you wonder if 911 was a false flag?

Something that's been on my mind since 9/11 happened. I haven't been convinced 100% it was but I do wonder sometimes.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ocelot,

Do you know that Israel makes comunication equipment for the US military also.

<<   2  3 >>

join