It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox returns to U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

I have read about the case - as a Brit I've heard about it for ages, since Knox killed Kercher, since the trial and the arrest and so on.

My opinion is, she did and she got away with it. True to Italian form, their rubbish police and forensic work was the crucial factor is effing up their eventual case against her - but the opinion over here, from what I can tell, is she IS guilty - she just got away with it. Much like OJ.

If I *really* wanted to be a tin foil hatter, I'd say the US justice dept got involved and squeezed the Italians with promises of who knows what. For what gain, I don't know.

In any case, my *opinion* is, after reading the boat loads of articles and whatnot, she did - she was lucky due to Italian ineptitude.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Hmmmmm..OK. So you obviously believe this ( then) 20 yr old was pretty comfortable in a foreign country after 2 months, with a man she had known 2 weeks, to go murder her room mate. Oh, along with another guy who frequented the area.
OK. Va bene.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
Hmmmmm..OK. So you obviously believe this ( then) 20 yr old was pretty comfortable in a foreign country after 2 months, with a man she had known 2 weeks, to go murder her room mate. Oh, along with another guy who frequented the area.OK. Va bene.

Comfortable? Far from it. Believable? Sure, why not? What has any of that got to do with someone's disposition or "desperation" when a situation turns sour?

Just because someone is cute or very social or "a good person" doesn't mean they're immune from committing crimes.

How could a successful sport hero turned movie star ever be fingered for murdering two people? Yet he did, and everyone knows he did - he just had the dosh to buy his way out with the most expensive solictor's money can buy.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Firstly, I think the right decision was taken. Innocent till proven guilty still stands and from what I can see there was not enough evidence to be sure. Much was made of her behaviour afterwards and her character in general. Well so what - there are many 20 odds who behave in such a way. I did some mad things at that age but it certainly doesn't make a murderer.

There is a huge but coming though.....................................

Her and her family need to go away and be quiet. I find their media prostitution distasteful. Press conferences, crying, saying how awful it was - blah blah. I do not doubt it - and if she is innocent then what a terrible thing to happen. Realistically though, a girl is still dead. That girl has a family who are still having to deal with this and are now further away from an answer. Give them some respect, or empathy even, but no - on they go wallowing in their own struggle and victory.

I do appreciate they wanted to thank people for their support but everything could, and should, have been said in a statement.

Lack of dignity is not pretty.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

So...you are saying...behind the scenes...Donald Trump helped Amanda Knox?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by verylowfrequency

So...you are saying...behind the scenes...Donald Trump helped Amanda Knox?

Not sure he helped, but he was vocally involved:

And Donald Trump, the property tycoon, also weighed in on the case with his characteristic force.

"There is a disturbing injustice surrounding the Amanda Knox case and I think we should boycott Italy until they do the right thing and free Amanda," he wrote on his personal blog. "They should put the prosecutor in jail, not Amanda Knox."

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

You obviously don't know the kind of nights out people can have at that age. The only person who was accused was a small time drug dealer right?

Here is my take on it:

Amanda Hoax and her fella wanted a good time
They met up with Mr Guede who offered to give them some drugs that seriously screwed with their heads (or brought out psychological problems that were under the surface)
Meredith didn't want to play ball and # just got a bit out of control

Amanda Knox accuses an innocent barman at a place she worked coupled with her screwed up behaviour and the problems with her story at the beginning says either complicit or guilty to me...but this is just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by annella

1/ You obviously don't know the kind of nights out people can have at that age. The only person who was accused was a small time drug dealer right?

Here is my take on it:

2/ Amanda Hoax and her fella wanted a good time
They met up with Mr Guede who offered to give them some drugs that seriously screwed with their heads (or brought out psychological problems that were under the surface)
Meredith didn't want to play ball and # just got a bit out of control

3/ Amanda Knox accuses an innocent barman at a place she worked coupled with her screwed up behaviour and the problems with her story at the beginning says either complicit or guilty to me...but this is just my opinion.

1/ No, Amanda and Raffaele were accused and jailed for 4 years...remember?

And I do know about ' nights out' at that age,,,Im a product of the '60s...lol

2/ Amanda and her ' fella' had known each other 6 days! If they took any drugs that ' seriously' screwed with their heads well they recovered pretty quick given they were filmed/photographed next day and did not look worse for any 'drug' ware.

3/ Amanda did not accuse her boss, that confession was forced out of her over 14 hrs of interrogation and was dodgy to say the least. Go to injusticeinperugia.org and read the FBI guy who said noone could withstand what Amanda went through. Even tough Mafia guys have been broken in less hours and will confess to anything to get out of that room!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join