It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox returns to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Amanda Knox returns to U.S.

www.cnn.com

With her murder conviction in Italy overturned, a tearful Amanda Knox arrived in her hometown of Seattle where a news conference is under way.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
She wants only to be with "her family." Her lawyer asks they receive privacy to heal. She looked good, healthy but traumatized Amanda nor her lawyer or dad said anything about Meredith Kercher... it's seems like a simple crime but a complicated story ,and pundits will spend the whole night discussing this.

So what do ATS/ers think about Amanda, did you see the press conference on CNN just now?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Conference is over, CNN is in constant highlight reel mode. Catch it there.

edit on 4-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Amanda if you're reading this you can come stay with me. I have a nice place and a sympathetic ear. I know you're really guilty, guilty of being cute.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There just wasn't enough evidence, as for Casey Anthony...........I felt the American court systems went to the #s.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Amanda if you're reading this swing by the Park Pub in Phinney Ridge tonight and I'll buy you a couple beers. Good to have you back in Seattle, we all knew you were innocent.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
ok the "come stay with me " comments are creepy

that chic aint ever going to live that down innocent or not.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Twas thinking protective custody as well... name change, address change, she's too famous for the wrong reasons and she's foxy.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Agree on the first count... similarly, I believe both Amanda and Casey know exactly what happened in each crime whether they committed the crime or not...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
it only cost her family 1+MILLION to get her off, justice aint cheap, if she was poor she would still be in jail

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Talk about differences in justice systems..

At one point she was questioned for 12 hrs nonstop, with no lawyer or interpreter present. She asked for a lawyer, was told it would be worse with one present.

The guy Lumumbu sent her a text which contained "see you later". Apparently "see you later" was misinterpreted and the phrase 'see you later' had meant a definite arrangement had been made between Lumumba and Knox to carry out the murder of Meredith.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It was the love of her family that saved her. I'm happy to see her torture has ceased and she is back home in rainy cool Seattle.

Everyone says it's because she has the face of an angel and some even complain that other innocent defendants don't get the same attention - primarily poor not so attractive males. I say if their family's did what Knox's did for her they would have a chance like she got.

Her family was always there to support her and her mother mortgaged her home, her father mortgaged his and her grandmother spent her entire retirement & also took out a 2nd mortgage on her home.

They gave everything which allowed her case attention of many strangers who stepped in and helped like Donald Trump as well as many others behind the scenes.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yup, Congratz, Amanda.

You got away with murder. Good on ya - most people don't, but you did. Well done to the Italian authorties for a very poor search & bag forensic procedure...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Make sure your wearing a stabby vest mate... just in case!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Her lawyer did speak briefly about Meridith. And he said Meridith was Knox's friend. I watched the statement from him last night so. But I find it bizarre the parents of Knox nor Knox herself said anything. Plus it seems she will profit out of this. There is justice for you. While Meridith's family still have to suffer.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I guess Casey Anthony and Amanda need to start a support group.
No attention should be given to these women other than them suffering the consequences of their actions.
I pray for all the victims involved.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I caught that on replay as well, the lawyer mentioning Meredith. Since this about Amanda and the Italian kid's appeal, I think the focus was right to remain on them and the 4 years they spent in jail, since they're innocent (court ruling) they need healing and compassion too. I have a feeling the pendulum will swing back to Meredith in due time, her family deserves justice and peace knowing the killer(s) are caught, tried, and jailed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Casey Anthony is whole other case, most folks believe she had something to do with the death of her child, but the prosecutor couldn't prove it. Amanda on the other hand, is seems got mixed up in this tragedy.... both cases are tragedies for all involved.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Jason88

Plus it seems she will profit out of this. There is justice for you. While Meridith's family still have to suffer.

From my understanding her family re-mortgaged 3 houses (mom's, dad's, grandma's), did many fundraisers, sold family belongings and took extra work to pay for proper experts to re-examine the case... I think any money that comes her way will help the family get back on their feet.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
As narcissistic as Casey Anthony and, I feel , as guilty as too. No compassion at all. And all this Foxy Knoxy stuff is disgusting, its just the medias obsession with average looking young women accused of committing murder, and their sick desire to "sex them up" them.

And some people fall for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Yup, Congratz, Amanda.

You got away with murder. Good on ya - most people don't, but you did. Well done to the Italian authorties for a very poor search & bag forensic procedure...

Why dont you go do yourself a favour and actually read about the case.
So many people have been so damned quick to say she is guilty but I guarantee if they knew all the facts it would be a different story!
I posted on another forum here at ATS the day she was freed and will reiterate here. Sorry.

Scenario...

American girl saves up, works 3 jobs to go to her dream country to study. Gets there, rents flat along with another student ( Meredith) and after 6 weeks meets nice Italian boy. Two weeks after that ( they must have been bored...) they both decide to sexually assault Meredith and then ( what the Hell..) murder her. In Amanda and Merediths flat no less, and hey...they also got that homeless guy to come help out. And nah....they didn't bother to even try to hide or dispose of the body. Must have been so smug huh, and thought that the Polizia would NEVER consider them suspects. Funny thing is, how come its just Rudy's ( the homeless guy) DNA and blood throughout the apartment. Hmmmmm, lookee there! His footprint in Merediths blood, his excrement in the toilet, his DNA and Merediths blood on her purse. etc.
If you are interested in the truth, please check out this link and read as much as you can. It is so damned sad that this poor girl is going to have to endure comments like yours for the rest of her life. Unless the uninformed REALLY look. Really.
And my thoughts, love and prayers go to Merediths family...a sad thing for them to come to terms with but they must know the truth too.
BTW... I am assuming you are from the UK, most who think Amanda guilty are.

JUSTICE IN PERUGIA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join