It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Occupy Wall Streen Accomplishes Nothing - You heard it here first

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Some of the younger ones, you may be right on, don't have a clue, but there are older ones and I am pretty sure they know WTH it's all about. Especially those Marines going down there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Exactly. As long as we are handing our money over to them nothing will change, and they know it. Really who cares within the corporate elite about people camping out in front of symbolic structures. Banks aren't paying for the police presence and other expenses of such disruption...the community is.

In my mind I see these protests as great potential for change or just another failed attempt that will discourage the masses at any further attempts at change.

We need to be smarter than this. We need to stop cooperating with them.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Do you enjoy the idea of being that useless lump that sits back, criticizes everyone, and does nothing to contribute to anything significant ever? Of course you do, that's exactly why you're complaining about the people standing up for something against the corporate heads. Sure, you may not like what they represent ideology wise, but you should respect what they are trying to accomplish. Oh wait, you're probably a literary dullard so explaining the burning passion of the spirit of man in words probably won't do much for you. Sit down, be seen and not heard. Let the people who actually want to change something speak.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i will be at occupy dallas thursday and my purpose is to let the government know that we are awake and watching them.
were not going to tolerate their irresponsible BS any more.

no more frivolous wars that we dont need to be fighting, no more losing $3 billion dollars and shrugging your shoulders and going: oh well, you will be held accountable and punished for your crimes.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Then stop giving them your money. Keep your dollars out of banks and support local businesses.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
This is nothing more than a politically motivated action instigated by the recent attempts at Obama to divert attention away from his administration via Class Warfare.

1. You are protesting Greed and the Rich? Greed and Rich are relative. Americans - across the board - all of us - are Greedy and Rich... sorry to break it to you.

2. You are protesting Bail Outs? Again, you're protesting at the fat kids over child obesity. Go protest the source, not the symptom.

3. You're protesting Economic Inequality? Obama has fed you lies. The income divide is precisely where it is because of a liberal agenda that has destroyed the middle class. Simplistic terms: YOU CAN"T DESTROY THE ABILITY OF COMPANIES TO EMPLOY PEOPLE AND THEN COMPLAIN THEY DONT HIRE ANYONE.

I'm rich and greedy? I wish I knew I was rich 5 years ago when "I LOST MY JOB"

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well this "one member" has written several threads, all denouncing the OWS demonstration.

In fact he has been most verbose and patronizing, so verbose he should write a novel.

This is ATS, you will be called out to explain your position and your motivation.

Don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Cosmic...

link   
While I largely agree on several points, I wouldn't be so quick to poopoo the whole thing.

Most of the vocal OWS protesters are absurd and ridicuolous, but that is often the case with the most vocal of any given group.

Really, they are showing anger at a lot of the same things as the Tea Party, they are just coming from a different angle (the Tea party's vocal ones are equally absurd).

The real story is that a lot of folks from different political spectrums all across the nation are really agitated at the current state of the world and at the reasons for it.

1 group advocates bigger taxes and government programs and huge government in order to work against the people that completely own said government (facepalm material).

The other wants to continue with aggressive foreign wars and middle class entitlements that neccessitate the huge government they say they want out of their lives (many tea party types I 've heard anyway -2nd facepalm).

The underlying theme from both sides, however, is anger and resentment at a political system that is bought and paid for by elites and an establishment at all levels that is rigged for those elites. The international banking and finance scam artists are villains in both quarters. Concern for the "regular joe" is also important in both quarters.

If these groups form a temporary coalition of sorts, sparks may result. If the more intelligent and practical from both sides realize that working together against a common foe may be advantageous to their cause, perhaps these protests and the tea party gatherings from last year could be the stuff of history.

link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
It's sad when a ATS poster is discouraging and hating on people that are actually TRYING to do something while they stay keyboard warriors.

Fantastic way to sum it up.

im not even going to give the OP the time of day and read the thread. The title alone is seeking some pathetic attention.

If it results in nothing, it will be a very sad day. Not a day to glote and scream 'i stated it first'.

pathetically demoralizing.

Open your eyes. imagine a brighter future and how you expect to get there with the attitude you uphold.

link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Actually, I have a better Idea... Are YOU paid to post here on AboveTopSecret?

Wow you're serious aren't you? I just read that little thread in you signature line. No I am not a disinfo agent or paid to post here. I am actually amazed that you are even worried about that.

Not defending the OP. Just tired of people accusing/asking if other posters are disinfo agents because they don't share a popular opinion. It's idiotic.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Oh no way really the OP has written more than one thread about this? I wonder who called him out on that in THIS thread first... Thanks for the lesson on ATS 'culture'. It's good to have a seasoned veteran like yourself helping out us new guys.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Wow you're serious aren't you? I just read that little thread in you signature line. No I am not a disinfo agent or paid to post here. I am actually amazed that you are even worried about that.

Not defending the OP. Just tired of people accusing/asking if other posters are disinfo agents because they don't share a popular opinion. It's idiotic.

Well then, thank you for answering my question.

It's just a question though.... you shouldn't get mad at it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My pleasure, you might want to do something about your patronizing attitude towards other members too.

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's sad when a ATS poster is discouraging and hating on people that are actually TRYING to do something while they stay keyboard warriors.
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Couldn't agree more... You have to wonder what side some of these posters are really on. I would think if they're that supportive of bankers and the corporate elite, they probably could find other sites they would have more in common with.

A site like this comes to mind...blogs.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

When Occupy Wall Streen Accomplishes Nothing - You heard it here first,

Apparently OWS has accomplished something. It has prompted you to make a bunch of threads denouncing it.

If OWS is inconsequential....why are you even bothering to care? See the disconnect?

Any time a group of people get together to protest and the MSM runs a story on it; it accomplishes something.

It gets the message out that people are POed and want things to change. That's an accomplishment!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Not mad, mildly irritated. It just seems so holier than thou running around asking people to prove their opinions are there own and not paid for. The implication when you ask that is that whatever the person is saying is so wrong they would only say it if being paid. It's also just a stupid question. Who would answer truthfully if they were being paid? Even f required to by law?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Sorry I was being patronizing because I felt patronized. I doubt that was your intent after reading your post again. My bad.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not mad, mildly irritated.

You do know that various groups actually DO this, right?

It just seems so holier than thou running around asking people to prove their opinions are there own and not paid for.

I was just asking you to answer a question, that is all.

If you don't like answering questions, then perhaps this is not the right place for you to be.

Here on ATS, we are free thinkers, and we often get into debates with each-other, with all the requisite demands for proof that such hotly contested topics that this site gathers would entail.

It's just par for the course, and No, I'm not going to stop doing it just because I may have ruffled your feathers.

The implication when you ask that is that whatever the person is saying is so wrong they would only say it if being paid.

I was asking a question.... whatever deeper meaning that you ascribe to this question is not necessarily indicative of reality, i'm afraid.

It's also just a stupid question. Who would answer truthfully if they were being paid? Even f required to by law?

You would be amazed how many people stop posting altogether when asked that single question, instead of just answering it.

You would be astounded, actually.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I agree with the posts above. Why the need for some many threads...you mad bro?
2nd line

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Your narrow and pessimistic attitude is the reason that America is where it is today sir. Don't you realize that it's people like you who think all efforts are worthless that put us in this situation to begin with?

I feel like your one of those people that was perfectly content with life as it was 10 years ago, just like your perfectly content right now. Either that or your too lazy or stupid to be out there trying to make a difference, even if these guys fail, they are still trying to make a point, and you can't win or lose without trying.

Your simply the true definition of an asshole; you want other people to get their hands dirty for you, and you hope for change, and you wouldn't mind if it came, your simply too lazy, or ignorant to realize that it takes an attempt to make a change, not sitting there putting people down who are sitting in the rain, most likely hungry trying to make a difference for people LIKE YOU.

In other words, get the hell over yourself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join