It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bank Of America Customers Get The Heck Out Of That Bank!" Senator Dick Durbin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Durbin created this mess and thinks any company will take the hit? Our legislators need to go first and elect anyone without corporate ties. Any tax increase, on any company, goes directly to every day citizens. Anyone that has somewhat of an acumen can see it. Does anyone think a business will hire with Obummercare looming?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Senator Dick Durbin is blaming the BOA in this (LOL I love the way he explains to us what a debit card is , and how to use it in front of congress ) Any way , this is HIS fault.

The Dodd-Frank Act’s Durbin amendment, due to go into effect on October 1, caps fees banks can charge merchants for processing debit card transactions at 21 cents per transaction from an average of 44 cents, potentially costing banks billions of dollars.

patdollard.com...

You get it. Very few do.

Congress messes with the banks, banks pass off the expense to its customers.

This did not come out of the blue...Congress forced them to do it.

Now Durbin is trying to turn this around and make BOA the bad guy, when it was his actions in the first place that caused this.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Senator Dick Durbin is blaming the BOA in this (LOL I love the way he explains to us what a debit card is , and how to use it in front of congress ) Any way , this is HIS fault.

The Dodd-Frank Act’s Durbin amendment, due to go into effect on October 1, caps fees banks can charge merchants for processing debit card transactions at 21 cents per transaction from an average of 44 cents, potentially costing banks billions of dollars.

Yeah, it's Durbin's fault, for accusing BofA for price gouging consumers after having their fees capped.
The banks have been on record saying that they need to regulate themselves or they'll just start gaming the system. I love how BofA now wants to charge you 50 cents to deposit a roll of coins after the tenth roll. Last time I checked coins were still legal tender and being charged money to deposit money is the height of greediness. Screw BofA, watch how they'll nickle and dime their account holders to death while paying their executives hundreds of millions in bonuses.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join