It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bank Of America Customers Get The Heck Out Of That Bank!" Senator Dick Durbin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I remember when ATM's first came out with no fees attached.They were touted as a convenience for the consumer with the added benefit to the bank of lowering overhead by limiting teller employees.It didn't take long before various fees slowly started multiplying over the years.

Just another example of corporate greed and the loss of jobs therein.
edit on 10/4/2011 by dezertdog because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If my bank decides to charge more money for the same services that I already receive, I find another bank.

Vote with your feet in cases like this.

Walk out, find another bank and go for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just saw the news on this one, this very interesting because it was an interview about the issue with a Fat rat from another bank that is thinking about doing the same on the charges.

He said that the reason they are doing it is because they are capitalist and in a capitalist society they owed to their share holders to get them the most for the investments in the banks.

So rather than cut the big CEOs benefits and salaries they rather gouge the consumer so their share holders can get their fair share of capitalism at work

I say screw them, get the hell out of any bank that will increase their fees on you you work hard for you money the fat rats do no need anymore big houses and bonuses.
edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I just saw the news on this one, this very interesting because it was an interview about the issue with a Fat rat from another bank that is thinking about doing the same on the charges.

He said that the reason they are doing it is because they are capitalist and in a capitalist society they owned to their share holders to get them the most for the investments in the banks.

So rather than cut the big CEOs benefits and salaries they rather gouge the consumer so their share holders can get their fair share of capitalism at work

I say screw them, get the hell out of any bank that will increase their fees on you you work hard for you money the fat rats do no need anymore big houses and bonuses.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!
Walk the more people walk the more we will see society turn into what WE envision. All my money I plan on keeping in a nice home safe. One with fire resistance and impossible to safecrack better a one time large fee than nickled and dimed to hell and back!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by marg6043

Fight back by supporting capitalism and take your money elsewhere!

Yeehaw

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't forget about those credit cards, a great deal of profit for the banks...charging both ends for it's use. I'm not saying banks should never profit, but when the profit comes from the pockets of those that can least afford it (tax payers, the ones that bailed them out in 2008) while handling all those millions for the fat cats for free seems a tad bit unfair. If everyone just used cash we would be back in control.

I don't understand why people complain about the financial corruption but then continue to cooperate like good little minions. I'll bet that most of the protesters on wall street are using their credit and debit cards to buy their fluoridated, bottled water.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Interesting you bring that subject of people still supporting credit cards, the reality is like technology people has been geared and groomed to accept everything in society as something they can not live without.

From their Mobile phones, INTERNET and banking services.

We all guilty, just been in my home typing to my keyboard makes me a pawn to technology.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Really, this is what Alex Jones has been warning us about when he mentions the "cashless society control grid".

First, they setup this wonderful "free" cashless system (credit/debit cards). Then they do the old bait and switch and begin charging you huge fees.

So now everyone will begin migrating to Credit Unions. However, who is to say they won't soon begin performing the same bait and switch in a few years?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Technology can be a good thing as well as evil. I paid cash for my computer and I learn and research every day. Pay my internet bill with a cashiers check, just as every other bill and I can sit back and say I am making a concerted effort to force change.

What you are describing is intellectual and ethical laziness.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

AMEN TO THAT!!!!
Walk the more people walk the more we will see society turn into what WE envision. All my money I plan on keeping in a nice home safe. One with fire resistance and impossible to safecrack

"All your money"?????? How much are we talking? Do you need a husband, or an adopted son, or maybe just a mistress?

I have a safe, but I don't have anything to put in it!! Ok, I have some guns, and car titles, and birth certificates, but no cash.

More on topic, I don't think saving all our money under a mattress is the solution, but banking locally, with locally owned entities, and with bankers that live in your same community is paramount. Do not support the giant corporations. Only do business with people you are likely to see in the grocery store or at your kid's school. That is how we take back the power.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

One more reason to not depend on banks. It will be much harder to implement a cashless society when more than half the society uses cash.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am afraid you are right but while I am an old lady I fear for my children that all they know is the comforts of modern society.

I can live without these comforts as I had none when I was growing up, but can the rest of our young generation follow sue? I think not.

edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Amen to that!

I find usury to be evil.

I cut up my credit cards 10+ years ago and don't miss 'em one bit.Cash is still king.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

My children did. None of us use banks for any reason. Our lives are uncomplicated and in control. If one can not contemplate the future and only basks in the conveniences of the present, they probably are not of a mind set to provoke any change at all. Some folks appreciate the status quo. We will not see a change in our capitalistic forced serfdom by protesting on Wall Street or any other street. The only change that will come will come from not giving them any more money.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Is not easy in my case one works for mobile phone company the other one for a banking institution as today.

My daughter have the capitalistic mind set find not fault to banking dealings, my son is a slave to technology he has to have the latest phone in the market.

Sad, really.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Check out what's happening in St.Louis.

BofA is refusing customers who wish to close their accounts!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It looks like BoA are preparing to implode. They are laying off 30000, and have dumped half their mortgage business.They are probably not letting accounts shut and charging ridiculous fees to extract as much loot as possible before they collapse or get sold off. I'd get the hell out of Dodge I was an account holder. It's as if they intend moving out of personal banking.

Could this be another indicator of an approaching major economic event such as a market collapse and/or radical economic restructuring.

I suspect any failure of BoA will be self inflicted, and profitable to BAC at the end of the day.Heed the senator's words.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Any bank that charges you to use your debit is signing a death wish, it will never happen. Its commercial suicide.

I disagree.

Banks make a living off charging customers for accessing their own money. DO you have a check book? What is your fee for getting checks? Do you have a check fee? ATM- ever heard of the service charge?

Sorry banks have been doing this and they will continue to find new and creative ways to charge you for the privilege of putting your money in their bank and allowing them to use it to invest and generate a profit.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Senator Dick Durbin is blaming the BOA in this (LOL I love the way he explains to us what a debit card is , and how to use it in front of congress ) Any way , this is HIS fault.

The Dodd-Frank Act’s Durbin amendment, due to go into effect on October 1, caps fees banks can charge merchants for processing debit card transactions at 21 cents per transaction from an average of 44 cents, potentially costing banks billions of dollars.

patdollard.com...

lets get things straight here buddy. i had a boa act once upon a time, they on a regular basis took $$$ out of my account for no reason. they did this to me and several of my friends. they were sued for phony overdraft fees, and lost a multi-billion $$$ case. they have systematically used their position as the leading bank in this country to steal from us and if called out on it, the refuse to talk about it. the lowering of these "swipe fees" has done nothing to hurt the "business". they are just an overly greedy corporate giant that needs someone to come along and remove them from the market place. they should be grateful to the senator for allowing them to go on raping us like they do instead of calling for fraud inquiries and criminal charges against the heads of this dirty corporation. turn off the fox news and start to read real facts about ALL situations. then open your mouth when you are informed enough to make a factual opinion. anything else and you sound like a shill for the bank.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was banking with BoA for a while.

After about 2 years, they decided to switch my student checking accounts to regular checking accounts (mind you I'm still in College) so I had to go in and debate with them for over an hour about how I'm still a student and that I'm not willing to pay $8-10 a month just to keep what little money I have in there.

Now, I've been letting my bank accounts drain over the past 2 months, since I now have accounts at the local credit union. My checking account was down to $0.16 and my savings down to $20.00, they popped me with a $10.00 overdraft protection fee on my checking account, which netted me -$9.84. When I called to ask why it was that I was charged this fee, they explained to me that my account was going to be over drawn, so they charged it so that I wouldn't go into the negative.

Nevertheless, I told her how much it didn't make sense, obviously I was still in the positive when they hit me with the charge, she told me that it made 100% sense and that I apparently just couldn't grasp it.

So I talked to her supervisor, got my $10.00 back, went in, closed my accounts. They asked me why? and I told them I was unwilling to have my money with crooks. I got a few dirty looks, but sufficient

edit on 5-10-2011 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join