It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bank Of America Customers Get The Heck Out Of That Bank!" Senator Dick Durbin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
revolutionarypolitics.tv...

"Swipe-fees"? $5 a month to use a debit card??? I don't have a Bank of America card, but this sounds completely outrageous. What do all of you guys who have BoA think?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Any bank that charges you to use your debit is signing a death wish, it will never happen. Its commercial suicide.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Someone else posted recently about BofA...I'm pretty sick of them. After having a free account with them for 5 years, they started w/d $25 a month as a "teller fee"....I haven't been to the teller in years. So we down-graded our account with them to an "ebanking" account which is free, but now we have to pay $8 should we want to go inside a branch and speak with someone...

They've lost it...and are grasping at straws to keep afloat by nickel and diming all of their customers. All pretty humorous when you consider their site is down or slow more often than most...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Senator Dick Durbin is blaming the BOA in this (LOL I love the way he explains to us what a debit card is , and how to use it in front of congress ) Any way , this is HIS fault.

The Dodd-Frank Act’s Durbin amendment, due to go into effect on October 1, caps fees banks can charge merchants for processing debit card transactions at 21 cents per transaction from an average of 44 cents, potentially costing banks billions of dollars.

patdollard.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have been with BofA for about 15 years or so. They raised my monthly "maintenance" fee, so I put more money in the account to avoid the fee...Charging a fee to use someone's money to make more money just seems backwards to me...they are using my money to make money, so they should be paying me. It amazes me how the banks turned it around to make it seems like they are doing us a favor. Our deposits make them rich, not vice versa. So, with this new fee, I'm done with them. I don't have a lot of money, several thousand dollars, but they have lost it.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the people who are on the side of the bank saying that the bank has to do something to pad its profit margin because us account holders cost the bank so much money to maintain our accounts. BULLTURD!!! It does not cost them a measurable amount of money to maintain electronic 1s and 0s. Sorry. It's a lie that they keep repeating, and obviously it's working, because I hear people taking the poor bank's side. Idiots.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/Kn58Rq06UtM

i go to this channel almost everyday, any comments

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

Good video, and he is spot on.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The real problem is the major banks. It is time for citizens to be responsible to themselves and let the major banks know they suck. And let them fail.

Yeah that would suck, too. But not as bad as letting these thieves continue to displace wealth.

Take ALL of your money out of the major bank and invest it in a small, local bank (if you have to use a bank). If you don't use a bank at all - so much the better. Don't use a Credit Union.

This transfer will allow the "too big to fail" to finally lose its grip. Remember that the only reason the Federal Reserve has this grip is because they print the currency.

As accounts are repositioned each state should then begin the process of printing their own script (money). They have this right. This would effectively remove the Fed as currency overlord.

Of course such a scenario would never happen for two reasons:

1.) People would not organize to overthrow out of fear of retaliation
2.) People don't yet see the end of the dollar that is right around the corner

But if we could somehow pull this off it would save some of us from total ruination when shtf on a global scale real soon. Then we could work to rebuild afterwards.

The boat is sinking. The current sociopoliticoeconmic system is going to fail. It's not a question of if - just when. Getting your hard earned savings OUT of the major banks will be the only way to reduce the impact this will cause. If you wait it will be too late.

The banks have been screwing you and me for a long time. It's time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Besides your mattress is a safer place to keep it right now.

reply to post by KySc5

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here is a neat statistic: The average consumer will pay over $40,000 of bank fees and ATM charges over their lifetime.

At 46 years old I remember when my first checking/saving account actually had more money in it at the end of the month then I put in it. Seems they used to have this silly way of thanking their customers, they called it interest....

Now they charge us to use our cash. Well I pulled out of BofA years ago and went to Chase. I am now about to go to Chase and pull out all of my cash and move it to a credit union.

The only advantage of Debit cards is having access to more cash than you wish to carry. PAst that there is the disadvantage of fraud. I had $7,000 worth of laptops charged to my card, had I not spotted it before they shipped it would have taken weeks to get my money back.

F the banks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A major bank run on BoA may be just the ticket to get the rest of these blood suckers to take notice...
Perhaps that would be a better way of protest than occupying wall st.
The message im sure would be loud and clear.....If BoA was unplugged from its depositors, the real banking situation would become aparent to all of us wouldnt it?
Got out of her my children!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have been a BoA customer for about 6 years now, and I have had my fair share of problems with them in the past. We all know about the class action lawsuit that was filed against them for their crazy overdraft fees, This new fee has put me over the edge and I believe it is about time to switch banks. As far as I know, the smaller local banks will not be following suit with BoA and other big banks. Everybody who banks with these jokers needs to switch banks. Who knows what fees they plan on charging in the future.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

I told my mother this last month.
She is still with them, whatever I warned her they are going under this new fee passed just after I told her and this is because they are trying to cover their losses by passing it on to the consumer. It's deplorable. How much of that bailout did they pay back does anybody know?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Every time I hear of these charges
I think of the poor executives who may not get their million dollar bonuses.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Every time I hear of these charges
I think of the poor executives who may not get their million dollar bonuses.

Yes, and what I want to see is who receives bonuses and how much will the bonuses be? I'll bet there will be an amazing correllation between bonuses and dollars stolen from customers.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
BoA is one of the most expensive banks to do business with.
Dump them.
Go to a local Federal Credit Union, and get your Visa Debit card from there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Closed my acct with them yesterday. They asked why? I said because its my money why should I be charged to use it....

Not that my new bank is much better... but bank of america can suck it

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
A major bank run on BoA may be just the ticket to get the rest of these blood suckers to take notice...
Perhaps that would be a better way of protest than occupying wall st.
The message im sure would be loud and clear.....If BoA was unplugged from its depositors, the real banking situation would become aparent to all of us wouldnt it?
Got out of her my children!

I really like this idea, a forced bank run yup im with you 100%

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Seems to me that if we all got rid of the credit cards, used banks for only cashing our payroll checks and withdrew the money keeping only a minimum required amount we would be back in control of our own money. It would accomplish more than occupying a few city blocks at the protesters expense.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I bank with a hometown Credit Union, and I always will. No Banks for me. I used to have Bank of America, but I escaped them years ago! Didn't they recently get caught holding small transactions until it would cause an overdraft condition? I think they are being sued for that. They are also being sued by all 50 State Attorney Generals (actually 2 have dropped out), for their predatory lending practices.

I will never bank again where the decision maker is not housed in the same building that I can walk into. If I wanted impersonal service, I would just use Bluedot, or some other online function.

It is ridiculous to pay exorbitant banking fees only to have impersonal service and complete disregard for your personal situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Does anyone here actually have a BoA account? If you do, you've been living under a rock for years now. Anyone who has a BoA account today, simply hasn't been listening to all the warnings, or doing enough research on the bank which holds their money. If anything BoA does surprises anyone, well, read more. If you still have an account with them, I don't feel sorry for you, start taking more responsibility for where you keep your money. Plenty of other small banks and credit unions to store your money.

Pull your damn money out and take it elsewhere. Let them sign their own death wish, and go under. No one is forcing anyone to keep an account with BoA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join