It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans to Request Special Counsel to Probe Holder on 'Fast and Furious'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: House Republicans are going to call for a special counsel to determine whether Attorney General Holder perjured himself during his testimony to the House Judiciary Committee on Operation Fast and Furious, Fox News has learned

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas, is sending a letter to President Obama arguing that Holder cannot investigate himself and will request a probe by a special counsel.

The question is whether Holder committed perjury during a Judiciary Committee hearing in May. At the time, Holder indicated he was not familiar with with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives program known as Fast and Furious.

However, a newly discovered memo dated July 2010 shows Michael Walther, director of the National Drug Intelligence Center, told Holder that straw buyers in the Fast and Furious operation "are responsible for the purchase of 1,500 firearms that were then supplied to the Mexican drug trafficking cartels."

www.foxnews.com...

Wow, didn't see this coming..... Please. This should have happened about a year & 1/2 ago.... There is still more to come folks... trust me. They covered up well... but not well enough. Time was on the peoples side.

Now it is time to blow the doors open and expose Holder for what he is/was. And, that of course will say a lot about the Obama Administration.

This has to be done. We can't have a corrupt person in the AG.... again.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
"What guns? There werent any guns I knew about"

"what border patrol officer? What pits full of mexican bodies?"

"oh...THOSE emails....."

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thank you Jebus! It's about frickin time.

Let's hope we do better this time (Kenneth Starr).

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If even a good % of what is suspected and has been testified to is actually true, Holder and several other top officials need to do some hard prison time. Not fired. Not transferred and not allowed to retire. PRISON TIME. I don't mean Obama, however nice that fantasy is to consider...It just won't happen in our lifetimes. That doesn't protect anyone BELOW Obama though and they need to burn for this. The Sept articles I was checking this morning peg the death toll in the neighborhood of 47,000 people since the civil war in Mexico kicked off for real.

This isn't bad policy, it would be called an Act of War in any other place between any other two nations. Fortunately Mexico has no military force with which to do anything about it. However, the world won't tolerate this nonsense out of our nation much longer if we don't clean house. Germany failed to clean their house too, once. We called that minor disagreement World War II.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Aww c'mon guys!

He forgot.

I once went shopping and forgot the cheese for the spaghetti.

He's just the attorney general who simply forgot that we were selling arms to drug dealers who ended up killing a bunch of people.

Same thing.

(sarc off)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Arizona sheriff Paul Baber Implicates Eric Holder and the Obam Justice department as accomplices in crimes involving weapons used in the Fast and furious scandal. Go get them sheriff no knock search warrant Good idea

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm not holding my breath. Every time that I think the law is going to be applied to (any) politicians I end up being extremely disappointed.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ahh the arrogant SOB Holder may get hit with some karma!!! They have been delaying in the hopes it would be forgotten, no such luck. Way too much has been done to hide info to make this go away. Now lets see how the media spins this.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

No truer words have been written my friend.

May as well toss cops and DA's in there also....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hmmm...lets see how thick these thieves are.

Obama will instruct Holder to fall on his own sword...if he hasn't done so already.

They all should be arrested.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can almost hear the rustle of the long knives comming out.
There will be somebody hung fer this, but im afraid the emails so far are non incriminating...... if i read the dates correctly.
The hearing was in May, ....the email was in ....July,......" epic fail "im afraid, look for one step down to fall instead of Holder.....
The assistant to the assistant to the underboss of the guy behind the guy..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
we all knew holder was lying thats what any government official does

cover his own but and throw whoever else under the bus.

he lied and people died

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, a silly election season it will be. I just saw this story...(Drudge Report)

WH screams, swears at reporter for covering scandal...
www.weeklystandard.com...

It was a little slow opening up but an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I can almost hear the rustle of the long knives comming out.
There will be somebody hung fer this, but im afraid the emails so far are non incriminating...... if i read the dates correctly.
The hearing was in May, ....the email was in ....July,......" epic fail "im afraid, look for one step down to fall instead of Holder.....
The assistant to the assistant to the underboss of the guy behind the guy..

The hearing was May 2011. The email/memo was July 2010. He clearly lied to congress.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Time to charge Holder with perjury. Plain and simple. I'm tired of the misspeak/I was confused defense that continually oozes from this administration.

No more free passes for Holder. He infuriated me with his ignorance to the New Black Panther voter intimidation case (despite Malik Shabazz admitting to it) and now just more ignorance to Fast and Furious. Enough!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would like to say we have gotten to the end of his antics but I am afraid we are just at the tip of the things wrong with Eric Holder and his crowd.

Again... Not a word from Obama or the W.H.

Birds of a feather....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Obama's hands are dirty in this also.

In fact the whole administration is dirty in one form or another depending on the issue.

Except one person....

Hillary Clinton...

Please no....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

Sir, the H.C name is not permitted in my post/threads.

Sadly, she is the only thing that can save the Dems now. But, do they have the balls to put her into action for the POTUS. It would be a blood bath in the Dem party.

top topics

join