It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In Littleton, Colorado there is a high school, Dakota Ridge High School. They were scheduled to travel to Pueblo, CO for a football game, and the school had a bus that they were going to have students ride down on. A couple of the students were wearing "Border Patrol" T-Shirts, and were told that they could not ride the taxpayer funded bus, to a taxpayer funded event, while wearing a taxpayer funded U.S. law enforcement T-Shirt. Now, think about that for a moment.

One of the students called his mom and she came down to the school and asked why they were not allowed on the bus. The principal didn't answer her. She said to call the Sheriff. When the police arrived, they were forced, by law, to keep the students with Border Patrol shirts from entering the bus, because the principal of the school didn't want them on the bus. One of the students asked the officers if he could talk to the principle and ask why he wasn't allowed on the bus. The officer said "that's fine".

So, the student approached the principal, who was acting like he was on his cell phone. The student waited until he hung up, and asked the principal again, "why?". The principal walked straight past the student, ignoring him, and told the police that he was feeling "harassed". Yes, this grown man felt he was being harassed because a student asked him a question. He seems like quite the coward, in my opinion.
Needless to say, the students in the Border Patrol shirts were not allowed, and were then forced to drive to Pueblo on their own. They attended the game, there was NO incident, and all was fine.

The following Monday, nothing happened during the school day. However, after the school day had finished, the school called the kid's mom and informed her that her son was suspended for 3 days for questioning the principal. Let that sink in for a minute. He asked a question, and was suspended. The OTHER students wearing the Border Patrol shirts were NOT suspended. Only the kid that had the "audacity" to question "Glorious Leader" did. "In Soviet Union, peasant not ask Glorious Leader, 'why?'", apparently....

After the 3 days, the mom, dad, and son were forced to attend a "reentry" meeting, and were chastised by the administration. The mom was told she is no longer allowed on school property. Imagine that, being banned from school grounds for asking a question.

Here are the T-Shirts the students wore....
img.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, it doesn't stop there. After this, one of the administrators released this document...
img.abovetopsecret.com...

And, to top it off, the school newspaper released this article....
School Article (external link)

This is clearly another case of political correctness gone crazy. I never dreamed in a million years that people would be offended by someone wearing a shirt with the name of a Law Enforcement agency on it. If someone is in this country LEGALLY, they wouldn't have a problem with this shirt. My wife is a LEGAL immigrant, and has NO problem with this. My parents were LEGAL immigrants, and have NO problem with it. So, who has the problem? ILLEGAL aliens and those that want this country destroyed by the ILLEGAL aliens, that's who.

How long is this insanity going to continue? Welcome to 1984 people. George Orwell got it mostly correct, only he got the political parties messed up. The left are the ones imposing New Speak. It's now "racist" to use the term "illegal". It's now "racist" to wear shirts with law enforcement agencies on them. Students are suspended for asking a question, rather than doing want the Ministry of Love tells them. Remember, 2+2=5 in the world these PC monsters live.
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Fixed T-Shirt image

edit on Tue Oct 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: name of school corrected per member request

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Do you honestly believe those little ****heads were wearing those border patrol shirts because they think the border patrol is cool?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

Maybe they grew tired of the USofA government not caring for its own borders?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Do you honestly believe those little ****heads were wearing those border patrol shirts because they think the border patrol is cool?

The "reason" behind "why" they wore them doesn't matter. The Border Patrol is a U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agency. They are not the Nazi Party, or the KKK. Anyone who is offended by these shirts are the ones who have the mental problem.

Where's your support of the 1st Amendment?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello

Maybe they grew tired of the USofA government not caring for its own borders?

Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

So, are you saying the Border Patrol is "racist". Or, are you saying "illegal" is now a "race"? New Speak anyone? Love is hate, war is peace. Nice one.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

The "reason" behind "why" they wore them doesn't matter. The Border Patrol is a U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agency. They are not the Nazi Party, or the KKK. Anyone who is offended by these shirts are the ones who have the mental problem.

It's comparable to anyone of the latino pueblo kids wearing a shirt saying "I hate Honkeys", you think the 1st Ammendment would have them protected in that situation?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well I don't really see the problem here. So they wore a shirt that said Border Patrol. Big deal. I can wear a shirt that says SWAT and people should be offended? I can, however, understand if these guys were being rude to specifically Latinos. That's racist. Wearing a Border Patrol shirt, in my OPINION, nothing illegal.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

No, and it doesn't matter what reasoning was behind them wearing the shirts. Unless the school has those shirts banned or a dress code that enforces against them, they should have every right to wear them. It's a basic principle that I myself would have fought against in Highschool. They are trying to take another right from us, because some so called jackass has a little power behind him and abuses it. Then to get suspended on top of it for asking why????? Really? I have half a mind to write a letter to that school and raise some hell with them. Kids will be kids and pull pranks. The shirts? Funny. IMO. I would have done the same thing. Now the kid has a suspension on his record. Typical bull#

link   

So, are you saying the Border Patrol is "racist". Or, are you saying "illegal" is now a "race"? New Speak anyone? Love is hate, war is peace. Nice one.

No, he's saying the likelihood of a kid actually understanding the situation beyond "keep dem der mexicans out" is quite slim. I agree.

I also agree that they should have been allowed on the bus. It's an educator's job to educate the ignorant, not shun them.

link   

It's comparable to anyone of the latino pueblo kids wearing a shirt saying "I hate Honkeys", you think the 1st Ammendment would have them protected in that situation?

WHAT?!?! You're equating "Border Patrol" to someone wearing as shirt saying "I hate "? What kind of drugs are you on, man? Your logic is absolutely out of this world.

So, if a light is green, then you think it's okay to assume it's really red, because in your pea brain, you think it's red, so it must be red. Yeah, that makes sense.

As for the 1st Amendment, yes, I would support someone wearing a shirt saying they hate whoever they hate. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply to things YOU or I personally support. It applies to ALL free speech. Period. You don't get to pick and choose, unless of course, you want a totalitarian world run by Nazis. I don't.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm saying their timing for wearing that shirt, shows where their head is. Think they wore that shirt to any of the other games they played or will play that have a predominant white population. They aren't supporting the organization incase you don't get it, they are supporting the jab at people that don't look like them. Can your pea brain understand that?
edit on 4-10-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I hope those boys are listening to me now.

Just know that we support you. Millions across this country. And we are proud of you for taking a stance in what you believe in and with the law. Continue to fight the good fight. Do everything in your power, outside of violence, to make sure your voice is heard. This mal-treatment from your liberal and disgusting school district has to stop. And one day it will. If people like you continue to stand up to injustice.

Thank you for wearing those t-shirts. God Bless you and the USA

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'm saying their timing for wearing that shirt, shows where their head is. Think they wore that shirt to any of the other games they played or will play that have a predominant white population. They aren't supporting the organization incase you don't get it, they are supporting the jab at people that don't look like them.

So, "free speech" only applies when YOU say it applies, right? It's all about "timing". Nice. You'd have fit in well with with your pal Stalin. Your understand of "freedom" is sick. No wonder this country is screwed up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'm saying their timing for wearing that shirt, shows where their head is. Think they wore that shirt to any of the other games they played or will play that have a predominant white population. They aren't supporting the organization incase you don't get it, they are supporting the jab at people that don't look like them.

So, "free speech" only applies when YOU say it applies, right? It's all about "timing". Nice. You'd have fit in well with with your pal Stalin. Your understand of "freedom" is sick. No wonder this country is screwed up.

I'm all for those kids wearing those shirts while visiting Pueblo on their own time. I encourage it. Rules are rules in public education though and their is a certain code they must follow. I'm totally with them not riding on the bus because of this.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Do you actually understand the function of the border patrol? Do you understand it keeps millions of dollars of drugs and guns out of this country and criminals? It keeps this country safe. Much like the FBI. Or sheriff’s department.
Go back to school. Learn a few things. Or else be quiet and let the grownups talk.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Maybe to overly sensitive people, but otherwise, nah, not really.

Now if the Latino kids wore "TSA" shirts, or the first kids wore "I hate anchor babies" shirts, THEN it would be comparable.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm all for those kids wearing those shirts while visiting Pueblo on their own time. I encourage it. Rules are rules in public education though and their is a certain code they must follow. I'm totally with them not riding on the bus because of this.

Really? Would you be all for the school kicking off a kid wearing a La Raza shirt? How about a Che Guevara shirt? You see, I'd be okay with kids wearing those shirts, even though I think La Raza (The Race) is racist in and of itself, and Che Guevara was a murdering psychopath.

link   
2 wrongs don't make a right.
The principle is a major douche bag.
He could of just said. Hey your shirt could be construed as offensive.
Please change shirts.

And the kids should of not worn that.
Even though I don't see a problem. What if the kids were wearing FBI shirts n
Maybe if the shirts said beaners go home it would be a different story.

I would go to the schoolboard. And make a fuss.

link   

I'm saying their timing for wearing that shirt, shows where their head is. Think they wore that shirt to any of the other games they played or will play that have a predominant white population. They aren't supporting the organization incase you don't get it, they are supporting the jab at people that don't look like them. Can your pea brain understand that?
edit on 4-10-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

You must be an illegal immigrant.

Quit spreading your hate speach and just go away. Did you not notice that one of the kids is "Brown"? He looks kind of Mexican, so maybe he can wear the shirt. Would your opinion change if the kids were asian, black, or hispanic? Are FDNY shirts offensive to muslims because they're accused of 9-11? Where does your madness and flawed logic end?

You are the breeder of hate an intollerance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join