It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

So, are you saying the Border Patrol is "racist". Or, are you saying "illegal" is now a "race"? New Speak anyone? Love is hate, war is peace. Nice one.

I'm saying their timing for wearing that shirt, shows where their head is. Think they wore that shirt to any of the other games they played or will play that have a predominant white population. They aren't supporting the organization incase you don't get it, they are supporting the jab at people that don't look like them.

Of course they didn't wear the shirts just because. They had a motive to make a joke. This happens everyday, everywhere. It was a joke that should have and could have been handled better by both parties. The principal should not have suspended the kid for asking why? If he was against them wearing the shirts, be real with the kids they can relate to that. He should have said "Look, I know why your wearing the shirts, but we just cant have that. You'll need to change or you will not be able to go." Something to that nature is what he should have said. Be real and honest with people, just because their highschool kids doesnt mean they dont understand it.
Everyone seems to be jumping at the racist card, there is nothing racist about those shirts. Nothing. It's a government organization. The reasoning to wear the shirts, now thats a different story, but that was mainly a joke. Focus should be put on the principal for his wrongful handling of the situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Probably the principle (or his family) at this school came to america illegaly and does not want
to loose his job and he is protecting himself like all cowards do.
edit on 4-10-2011 by FollowDMoney because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by FollowDMoney because: grammar

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Political "correctness" gone amok. That high school sounds like it is run by a bunch of PC-driven cowards.

The worst part was the article in the school paper in which the border patrol tee shirts were considered hate speech, and it made the teachers "afraid" of these kids who dared wear such blasphemy. The part that made me apoplectic? When it said that the students of that school are forced to ask the question "WHO WE BE"??

Jumping Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! What kind of school deliberately uses and encourages such pathetic, incorrect ghetto slang? What kind of school intimates that the Border Patrol is a hate organization? What kind of school throws national sovereignty out the window in order to coddle a bunch of people who are not here legally? I'll bet nobody who attends that school gets a decent education, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that every kid there can cuss a blue streak in Spanish. They can't fill out a job application properly, but they know gang hand signs.

Like the OP, my parents were legal immigrants. I also worked for Homeland Security in immigration. It has become quite obvious that the subversive element is our government itself. I am so disgusted with our rogue government that I have been refusing to pledge allegiance to the flag at events here in Texas since 2003.

As long as we allow ourselves to be overrun by law-breaking illegals and ruled by cowardly cops and sniveling, worthless authoritarian forces, we are TOAST. DONE. FINITE. This is the country my parents dreamed of, the country they worked so hard to become a part of? It has become a big fantastic LIE.

This is exactly why I moved from California to Texas. When I went to the Monterey County, California fair and saw that the Mexican flag was hanging over the American flag. When I asked fair officials why they would do such a thing, and their answer was that California technically belongs to Mexico, the Americans stole it, and they will be taking it back. My kids were in an elementary school which taught everything IN SPANISH, and English was the second language. There were no English books or homework, and my kids were bringing their assignments home in Spanish. Within the week my house was up for sale and I was out of there, leaving a vapor trail behind me. I gave Cali the finger at the state border and I have never been back.

My parents didn't teach us their native languages (German and Spanish) and taught us everything in English so as to assimilate us. Their efforts, apparently were in vain. Stick a fork in us, we're done.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

So, are you saying the Border Patrol is "racist". Or, are you saying "illegal" is now a "race"? New Speak anyone? Love is hate, war is peace. Nice one.

I'm saying their timing for wearing that shirt, shows where their head is. Think they wore that shirt to any of the other games they played or will play that have a predominant white population. They aren't supporting the organization incase you don't get it, they are supporting the jab at people that don't look like them. Can your pea brain understand that?
edit on 4-10-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

You must be an illegal immigrant.

Quit spreading your hate speach and just go away. Did you not notice that one of the kids is "Brown"? He looks kind of Mexican, so maybe he can wear the shirt. Would your opinion change if the kids were asian, black, or hispanic? Are FDNY shirts offensive to muslims because they're accused of 9-11? Where does your madness and flawed logic end?

You are the breeder of hate an intollerance.

You are straight ignorant.
2nd line.

That was a nice, well thought out, and structured reply. Thank you for showing that you can have an intelligent conversation about this subject.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That was a nice, well thought out, and structured reply. Thank you for showing that you can have an intelligent conversation about this subject.

Your allegations and the simple fact that you don't even understand my arguement warranted it. Have a great day!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Once they can't perpetuate the "you're racist" attack, they pretty much lose everything else. They can't argue the facts, so they throw out "you're a racist" or "the boys are racist". It's like the church labeling someone a "heretic" in the past for pointing out that Earth is a sphere and not flat. It's easier to just call someone a "racist", smile, and act as if they've made some over the top intelligent post.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
reply to post by Procession101

Maybe they grew tired of the USofA government not caring for its own borders?

IGNORANCE ALERT! IGNORANCE ALERT! Racist card-playing indicates an absence of mental acuity to form a cogent argument. I see nothing but hasty generalizations held together by non sequiturs.

Those who would give up freedom for security with receive none and deserve neither! Speaking of trash... that is exactly where your post belongs.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This reminds me of a similar incident at Live Oak High School in California, where 5 boys were suspended from school for wearing shirts with the American flag on them...Im sure it has been covered on ATS before, but here is a link to one of the articles...
www.nbcbayarea.com...

I live in a community here in the southwest where there is a large Hispanic community. For the most part, the people here have all got along, regardless of race. It seems though, that recently there has been an influx of Mexicans coming here and flying their flags above the American flag, which, to my understanding is illegal. Also, there are a lot that seem to have the Mexican flag as their vanity plate on the front, which is not illegal, and I suppose it is there right to have them, as America is melting pot of different people. In my opinion, though, I believe that if someone is going to go to a particular country to live, then it is essential to assimilate to that particular country and embrace the laws and language of the land. This is possible to do without losing one's heritage and culture. The border patrol is an agency that is there to patrol our borders, and enforce the laws of the land to keep illegals out, and there is a right way to go about becoming a citizen.
I don't know the real intentions behind why these kids wore the border patrol shirts, but I know a lot of hispanic people around here (born and raised) that would find it funny, as they make jokes all the time about that kind of thing and would agree that this is one more incident of political correctness gone awry.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It cannot be coincidence that several students wore the same exact shirt, which no doubt was intended as an anti-Mexican sentiment. If some latino kids had jumped them on the bus it would have gotten ugly, which is why they were not allowed on.

Can you imagine people attending a Hempfest or other pro-pot rally wearing DEA shirts? They would be assumed to be antagonists, and rightfully so. The school has to keep trouble from happening and this would have been a possible trigger for violence.The Border Patrol has a history of abusing people, whether illegal or not, and a quick search will yield many examples of BP agents violating rights and even KILLING unarmed people, so they are hated and feared by many.

Schools are FAR different than normal public events, that is beyond question. Kids in school have no need to promote controversial agencies and intimidate others just to make a point. Any latino's around would have instantly seen the purpose behind the shirts and the several kids who conspired to wear them and make a statement, no doubt an anti-Mexican statement, which could have led to violence.

Why not just allow kids to wear GESTAPO shirts if they are fond of facism? Why not allow anti-semetic shirts if someone does not like Israel? free speech, after all...right? Schools are places where education should be the emphasis, not political speech that disrupts and antagonizes. Like I said, the kids agreed beforehand to all wear the pro-Border Patrol shirts for a reason...and if you think the reason was because they all love the BP you are naiive...it was becuase they wanted to make latino's fel intimidated and remind them that no matter where they go someone will always be remi8nding them of government agents and their abuses.

The letter from the school shows how English has been decimated, not by immigrants but by ghetto trash slang..." What we be" is an abomination as it shows how far we have fallen in adopting gutter slang as acceptable...maybe if those kids paid more attention to school work and less to political issues they could speak intelligently.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Sadly such sentiment is not uncommon in the Southwest. Many of the recent generations of immigrants from Latin America, and especially from Mexico, have no loyalty to the United States. They are here only to make some money and then they will retire back to Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, etc and live like kings. Something like 40% of El Salvador's annual GDP comes from Salvadorans in the US sending money back home. Obviously this is why many of these countries are so adamant about "immigration reform" (read: unlimited legal immigration & total amnesty for those already here), and why they are so opposed to us defending our borders (but yet it's ok for the Mexican Army to seal off their border with Guatemala and for the Dominican Republic Army & National Police to stop the Haitians). The hypocrisy is astounding and their arrogance knows no limits.

One of my greatest concerns is of how all these "Mexican-Americans" will react when we eventually have to go into Mexico to sort out the drug cartels. Somehow I don't think they are going to idly sit by as we invade their homeland, even if it's for legitimate humanitarian reasons (eliminating the drug cartels).

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
It cannot be coincidence that several students wore the same exact shirt, which no doubt was intended as an anti-Mexican sentiment. If some latino kids had jumped them on the bus it would have gotten ugly, which is why they were not allowed on.

I love how "Anti-illegal Immigration" turns into "Anti-Mexican".

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

IGNORANCE ALERT! IGNORANCE ALERT! Racist card-playing indicates an absence of mental acuity to form a cogent argument. I see nothing but hasty generalizations held together by non sequiturs.

Those who would give up freedom for security with receive none and deserve neither! Speaking of trash... that is exactly where your post belongs.

True ignorance lives in those that believe that racism isn't alive and thriving in the United States.
Yeah following school rules is really giving up your "freedom". What ever you say armchair patriot.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

True ignorance lives in those that believe that racism isn't alive and thriving in the United States.
Yeah following school rules is really giving up your "freedom". What ever you say armchair patriot.

Yet you still make no points to discuss. You're living proof that ignorance and racism is alive and well in the US, so I don't dispute you there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yet you still make no points to discuss. You're living proof that ignorance and racism is alive and well in the US, so I don't dispute you there.

Seriously just quit while your far behind, your posts do nothing to help your side of this conversation. Oh, and have a great day!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

what is wrong with being anti mexican? I hate that country (mexico is a country, not a race).. plus I HATE what "ILLEGAL ALIENS" have participated in against our states, neighborhoods, schools, hospitals (THE ONES STILL OPEN), wages, entitlement programs, etc...

I also HATE people who use personal opinions and/or feelings as just cause to deny soemone else's rights of free speech, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, in other words..

I also HATE when people play the ragged and tattered race card as a defense. usually out of anger as they have no justifiable standing.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Here's my take on it:

If the Hispanic community are legal aliens or residents, they should have no problem with a couple of border patrol tshirts. If they're not legal (which probably many who found these shirts "offensive" aren't), then shouldn't the school be supporting these boys?

I swear, "modern times" are anything BUT modern.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Seriously just quit while your far behind, your posts do nothing to help your side of this conversation. Oh, and have a great day!

At least i have a point to argue, you just do run by trolling and offer no arguments or substance. I will quit feeding you, since it's just taking away from the thread. If you have any points to discuss, please bring them up. Otherwise, let the grownups discuss this while you play in the sandbox.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Of course it would be our socialist school system testing the waters on defining "hate speech and expression".
They said that wearing Border Patrol shirts could be seen by the Hispanic community as "offensive". Is that an open admission that many of the students are in fact here illegally?
God forbid anyone should be offended!

If the parents and community don't raise a holy stink about this it will only get worse, much worse.
This reminds me of the kids that got expelled for wearing American flag T shirts.
I never thought I would see the day when this kind of nonsense was openly flaunted by government.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Some of the replies here make me glad that most of my
grandchildren are homeschooled.
The boys had a right to wear those t-shirts! If some whinying,
you hurt my feelings,you offended me types don't like it...
grow a backbone before someone really offends you,hurts
your feelings and sends you back to your mama crying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join